• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What starting England XV would you want to see for 6 nations 2022 or Autumn test matches 2021?

I know and wouldn't be surprised that he goes. I just don't see the justification for it if you look at form.

Edit: Same as I don't think he should just walk back into the squad in the Autumn unless he's proved his form.
Don't think there's (m)any fans that will argue with that, but Gatland and EJ do what they want

Ford is still a 10/10 or 3/10. Mr inconsistent.
Smith and Simmonds for the summer, with Farrell back for AI as a 10.
Wouldn't have Farrell back at 10. For all his inconsistencies, England have a vastly better history of performances with Ford at 10 than Farrell. I don't know how many times Farrell has to be utterly crap at 10 for us before this is recognised. As has been pointed out by others, he can play 10 when the 9 and 12/15 are also strong individuals calling the shots. If he is expected to call the shots at 10, he invariably retreats into a hyper-conservative style and the team become extremely predictable. Ford naturally doesn't do that, that's more a thing that happened with England, particularly when Farrell was then at 12. Ford is a 10 who can make the decisions and run the game, Farrell is a 10 who can execute orders but is seriously lacking in his own decision making.

In the spirit of the thread

Not looking at the next RWC...based on form and ability...I'd go

Marler
LCD
Sinks
Itoje
Launchbury
Underhill
Curry
Dombrandt
Spencer
Smith
Watson
Devoto
Tuilangi
May
Malins

In the spirit of the thread

Not looking at the next RWC...based on form and ability...I'd go

Marler
LCD
Sinks
Itoje
Launchbury
Underhill
Curry
Dombrandt
Spencer
Smith
Watson
Devoto
Tuilangi
May
Malins
Agree with that except Tuilagi, he's been out injured and we don't know what he would be like coming back. I'd look at Odogwu or Marchant as someone new or Slade if we want a bit more experience.

Agree with that except Tuilagi, he's been out injured and we don't know what he would be like coming back. I'd look at Odogwu or Marchant as someone new or Slade if we want a bit more experience.
For me tuilgai plays if fit, it's that simple. England are 20% better when he plays. His presence alone frees up others.
I've often seen games where he ties in a backrower and both centres on the crash ball. He also gives really good ruck speed.

For me tuilgai plays if fit, it's that simple. England are 20% better when he plays. His presence alone frees up others.
I've often seen games where he ties in a backrower and both centres on the crash ball. He also gives really good ruck speed.
Agreed with the above but we don't look to make space in our 10-13 because of the lack of balance and limited players we have there.
It would be nice to not need him to create anything in our back line for once.

I rate Tuilagi highly but I would not choose him unless he has shown good form again post injury. We should have learned the lesson of picking on reputation by now. If he is playing well in the coming months then definitely but only once he has proven that.

Also how does Farrell keep escaping punishment for his **** poor tackle technique and why the **** is he still tackling like this?

Really impressed with the maturity shown by Smith and Dombrandt for quin's today. Both look more than ready for England.

Latest posts