• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Teams/Tournaments/License's can we expect?

those tournaments look good just hope the combine it with a career mode. Maybe u can play as a super 12 side and then pick ur international players from the super 12. Then you have that end of year tour. After 4 years u get the WC that would make the game last a lot longer.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Jan 9 2005, 07:33 PM
those tournaments look good just hope the combine it with a career mode. Maybe u can play as a super 12 side and then pick ur international players from the super 12. Then you have that end of year tour. After 4 years u get the WC that would make the game last a lot longer.
I doubt anyone at EA would have the brains or ambition to try and implement something like that though.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 9 2005, 09:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 9 2005, 09:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Jan 9 2005, 03:18 PM

look at catabury's fullback and which direction he is facing
Fair comment, but lets be honest its easy to notice when studying a screenshot. When playing it wouldnt be as apparent and as long as the guy turns around and does his job as he should it wont matter.

I think in any game with the complex AI companies use now you are always going to get some unpredictable results even if only for a split second. That guy is probably taking in to account where every single player on the field is at that given moment. The AI probably decided the best thing to do was run away
<

Listen to me defending a company that ruined my life with the release of R2004
<
[/b]
True - however it is sometimes the little touches that make a game.......

For instance you would not have seen anything similar in say PES4, as all off the ball players still react realistically regardless.

If this was a rugby version of PES4 then the fullback would have been tracking BACKWARDS, with an eye kept on the ball carrier.........

Unless of course its Ben Blair making a fool of himself, than of course it means HB have done their research.

I doubt they have NPC and Currie Cup Licsences, although I dont see why not, FIFA has what? 350 odd teams? and Rugby 05 is using the same engine and money shouldnt be a problem they coughed up around a Billion dollars to get their hands on the NFL Licsences

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 10 2005, 09:45 AM
Unless of course its Ben Blair making a fool of himself, than of course it means HB have done their research.

I doubt they have NPC and Currie Cup Licsences, although I dont see why not, FIFA has what? 350 odd teams? and Rugby 05 is using the same engine and money shouldnt be a problem they coughed up around a Billion dollars to get their hands on the NFL Licsences
He aint in the saders this year ...must be macdonald

it looks wicked!!!

I think the greatest sign of this game is thar EA actually took the time to continue the franchise. Its good that they actually made enough money off rugby 2004 to actually invest some money into the series.

I think rugby 2004 was only a test product to see if it was worth it for EA to invest further in the franchise and we are seeing what they have come up with
<

Hopefully this game sells a lot!!!! I know I will be picking up a copy of it as soon as it comes out
<

Hopefullly it will keep us occupied for ... more than one day
<
unlike rugby 2004

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Jan 10 2005, 12:02 PM
I think the greatest sign of this game is thar EA actually took the time to continue the franchise. Its good that they actually made enough money off rugby 2004 to actually invest some money into the series.

I think rugby 2004 was only a test product to see if it was worth it for EA to invest further in the franchise and we are seeing what they have come up with
<
Maybe that's what the people who paid full price for Rugby 2004 should think: If we invest now we might actually get a good product.

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Jan 9 2005, 07:53 PM
those are in game, was that language neccessary? not at all!
Yes they are ingame but is that what it will look like? probably not - as the camera views don't allow you up that close unless its a cut-scene [/b]
why did u edit my post, yea well ingame will prolly look better than that than aye

Stop asking such no brainers neh, just because someone is wrong doesn't mean you have to call them f*cktards all day long

Thats why.

OK back to topic now..

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 10 2005, 12:00 PM
Stop asking such no brainers neh, just because someone is wrong doesn't mean you have to call them f*cktards all day long

Thats why.

OK back to topic now..
yea but it didnt make sence u shoulda taken out the rest of it too

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
Yes they are ingame but is that what it will look like? probably not - as the camera views don't allow you up that close unless its a cut-scene [/b]
How do you all know these are in game pics?

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 10 2005, 03:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 10 2005, 03:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-neh

Yes they are ingame but is that what it will look like? probably not - as the camera views don't allow you up that close unless its a cut-scene
How do you all know these are in game pics? [/b]
Why wouldn't they be... screenshots normally come from the games...
<

All games release these kinds of screens first to show it off

Originally posted by neh+Jan 10 2005, 01:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 10 2005, 01:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Jan 10 2005, 12:00 PM

Thats why.

OK back to topic now..
yea but it didnt make sence u shoulda taken out the rest of it too [/b]
lol, no it didn't make 'sense'

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 10 2005, 02:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 10 2005, 02:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 10 2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 9 2005, 07:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-neh

Yes they are ingame but is that what it will look like? probably not - as the camera views don't allow you up that close unless its a cut-scene

How do you all know these are in game pics?
Why wouldn't they be... screenshots normally come from the games...
<

All games release these kinds of screens first to show it off [/b]
when WCR released pics, they were in game, gameplay pics

ie, even the replays were genuine, from the gameplay itself

i dont wanna see intro pics.

like the intro pics from pes4.

the intro in pes4, is graphically alot better than the game itself

pls tell me these pics are not the 2005 intro pics, coz if they are, the real gameplay visuals arent obviously released yet

surely u all know what i am going on about.

how many playable teams were in R2004?

... 12 Super 12 teams,
24 European teams,
20+ National teams (about 22/24?)
and the British Lions

... equaling around the 60ish mark, is that right ?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 9 2005, 02:43 PM
23.jpg
Damnit. I'm being pedantic but the Lions have green on the tops of their socks.

Always have:
spc500.jpg

Always will:
brianodriscoll300.jpg

Latest posts