• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What the hell?

S

sanzar

Ok, so I just had a look at the RLWC schedule and noticed that Australia, NZ and England are in the same pool... now please someone explain this to me before I start preparing Molotov cocktails to throw at the headquarters of the RLIF for being a pack of dense f#cking retards.

I think this is their plan to avoid any lop-sided score lines similar to what happened 8 years ago. If the 3 teams were in individual pools, they'd most likely win every single game by 50+ points. Having the lesser teams in the same pool gives them more even competition..... pathetic really, if they're all in one big competition, what's the point on singling them out like they have done?

Took me a while to understand, but its a good idea.

We get to see some quality games in group 1, while group 2 and 3 have teams that are similar to each other and will the matches will be closer.

It's a good idea.

I buy into it being a good idea as well. Its tough luck for PNG, who I do feel sorry for, but keeping the big three in the same pool means a developing nation (France, in all probability) will get to the semi final. That's the goal I think.

It is the best way they could have done it, it's just sad though that the other pools are in it for the sake of it being a "World Cup". Good for them to get out play though I suppose, but they're not going to get any where in the competition which makes it seem pointless.

The logic will be that the only way the devloping nations will improve is if they play at the top level. I don't think the league world cup will ever be as big as the Union one, but it can grow if given time. I would have considered getting another pool in with maybe the USA Tomahawks, Wales and Lebanon in but then alterations would need to be made to the tournament format.

The only way these guys are going to get better is if they keep on playing.