• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What the Springbok team might look like for the B&I Lions tour (if it happens)

Delighted for the Du Preez twins, started slow this season so thought they'd miss out but finished insanely strongly

Very surprised at Oosthuizen - guessing he's there cause he theoretically plays both sides so they don't need to burst the bubble for training partners if someone has to skip training but not injured enough to be replaced

Delighted for the Du Preez twins, started slow this season so thought they'd miss out but finished insanely strongly

Very surprised at Oosthuizen - guessing he's there cause he theoretically plays both sides so they don't need to burst the bubble for training partners if someone has to skip training but not injured enough to be replaced

It's does include players for the A game.

So Marcel Coetzee missed out, but might get included by the fact that Duane Vermeulen is injured. Nienaber said its looking likely Vermeulen is out but they still included him because the squad was basically chosen already and they will Wait for the doctor to tell them to **** off.

Esterhuizen not mentioned even. This is sad to be, considering we have so many outside centres selected and only two insides in the whole squad.

It gripes me that from the Sharks, our three wings was chosen. Three wings. Wtf, they are taking a ****. And now our springboks can't even play in in the warmup games. They choose one of our wings who can't even start for our side.... We are five great wingers/outside backs down for our game vs the Lions, (Penxe, Mapimpi, Nkosi, Fassi and that ***** who went to the bulls)

Also the investigation is on... So three players retired from the world cup squad. Schalk Brits, Francois Louw, and Beast. But a fourth player who was in the squad but who has not retired has not made this squad. Who is that player?

Overall it seems a good squad.
I am actually happy, one can never be 100% happy with a squad. Once Coetzee comes into the squad my feelings will improve.

The du Preez twins inclusion makes me happy. They deserve it. Almost thought Sale killed off JLdP, by trying to make him a lock.

Weird that they still chose Rg Snyman and Lood, come on guys stop picking injured tackle bag carriers.

I will probably have more commentary about the squad as the media points out more stuff that I might feel ****** me off. But until then well done Nienaber.

Edit: Curwin Bosch must feel unlucky
Edit 2: Scarra Ntubeni and Joseph Dweba instead of Akker is IMO a bad call.

Edit 3: Sharks backup Scrumhalf Nohamba included instead of our youth prodigy starter and the one who has displaced Nohamba to a squad player, Jaden Henrdikse is suspicious. Happy with Cobus he deserves it.

Edit4: Nienanber will love the twins, in his rush defence style, along with Coetzee.

Edit 5: Serfontein, Rohan and Goosen expected exclusions but would have loved to see one of them in a side

Last edited:
Almost thought Sale killed off JLdP, by trying to make him a lock.

Weird that they still chose Rg Snyman and Lood, come on guys stop picking injured tackle bag carriers.
Thought the same at first, but the last few rounds he's been genuinely incredible
Not sure I'd start him at lock internationally but he's a genuine option there now, not just a backrower covering for injury. If you get the opportunity to watch the Sale vs Bristol game from last week you'll see what kind of form the twins and Faf are in (and Cobus Wiese, who can't be far off the reserves list, if there is one)

On Lood: he's due back in three weeks (Sale DoR said he'll be available for the prem Final, if we make it), fitness wise he's as fit as he's ever been, he's just not been signed off for full contact yet

Thought the same at first, but the last few rounds he's been genuinely incredible
Not sure I'd start him at lock internationally but he's a genuine option there now, not just a backrower covering for injury. If you get the opportunity to watch the Sale vs Bristol game from last week you'll see what kind of form the twins and Faf are in (and Cobus Wiese, who can't be far off the reserves list, if there is one)

On Lood: he's due back in three weeks (Sale DoR said he'll be available for the prem Final, if we make it), fitness wise he's as fit as he's ever been, he's just not been signed off for full contact yet
I have been following the Bristol and Quins games. I don't think it's form though it's what I expect from them. I know what they could do as 21 year Olds so if they can't do it closer to their prime then they have regressed which luckily is not the case.
Wiese is a guy i mentioned a year ago on this forum as someone to watch out for. But moving to Sale has probably moved back his international inclusion a few years. Same as with the twins who should have had more caps by now.

Am amazed that Marcell Coetzee missed out.
Also surprised that Tyrone Green missed out.

Last edited:
In retrospect Elstad picked ahead of Coetzee was a very questionable decision.

Kolisis spot is safe but he is not in the top three loose forwards in the squad. Maybe not even top 4.

The two that confuse me are Kwagga Smith and Coenie Oosthuizen. Its not as if we don't have depth in those positions. Take Marcel Coetzee for instance. Would be a starter at test level for most nations but doesn't make SA 'A' even? Behind Kwagga? Yeah, nah.

I assume Warrick Gelant is injured. Pity. He was THE form player and a shining light for the Stormers prior to injury. I was hoping for him to take over from Le Roux and steady the ship with Fassi coming through and putting pressure on the #15 jersey.

Other than that I think we are missing an out and out 12 but that about my only gripes which are few enough everything considered. What might the two representative teams look like though?

BOKKE
Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe (Du Toit, Marx, Nyakane), Etzebeth, De Jager (Snyman), Kolisi, Du Toit, Vermeulen? (out of contention?) (Van Staaden)
De Klerk, Pollard (Jantjies, Steyn), De Allende, Am (Steyn), Mapimpi, Kolbe, Le Roux

SA 'A'
Nche, Dweba, Koch (Nyakane, Ntubeni, Oosthuizen), Du Preez, Mostert (Orie), Smith, Elstadt, Du Preez (Wiese)
Reinach, Jantjies (Nohamba, Willemse), Simelane, Kriel (here we needed another #12 I believe unless Frans Steyn is in line for SA 'A' rather than the Bok #23 jersey), Penxe, Nkosi, Fassi

Rosco Specman the only man without a cap in my 2 teams. Think we could've had a better SA 'A' but maybe some of the front lines (or at least a pereneal Bok bencher) are going to do double duty?

Very likely. I suppose there is also Nico JvR- a player who has never been on my radar and is a total unknown factor for me,

wtch4Dx.jpeg

Bloody hell! wtf happened?!

Latest posts