• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What the Springbok team might look like for the B&I Lions tour (if it happens)

wtch4Dx.jpeg

Bloody hell! wtf happened?!
Funny how only the bok players got more burns

How bad is it? One report makes it sound like they only had superficial burns the others make it sound like they were badly burnt

How bad is it? One report makes it sound like they only had superficial burns the others make it sound like they were badly burnt
I think superficial is the same as first degree burns? Only affects the outer layer of skin but it'll still take time to recover if affecting a large area.

They obviously didn't watch "999" as kids,

People throwing petrol on a bonfire was like 99% of the accidents on that show

It was probably the irish player Healy who threw the petrol on the bomb fire. The South Africans has enough experience of petrol and fire to know better.

Edit: his name is Mike Haley and it seems he is from England not Ireland.

It was probably the irish player Healy who threw the petrol on the bomb fire. The South Africans has enough experience of petrol and fire to know better.

From Sale so practically South African.

So Marcel Coetzee missed out, but might get included by the fact that Duane Vermeulen is injured. Nienaber said its looking likely Vermeulen is out but they still included him because the squad was basically chosen already and they will Wait for the doctor to tell them to **** off.

Esterhuizen not mentioned even. This is sad to be, considering we have so many outside centres selected and only two insides in the whole squad.

It gripes me that from the Sharks, our three wings was chosen. Three wings. Wtf, they are taking a ****. And now our springboks can't even play in in the warmup games. They choose one of our wings who can't even start for our side.... We are five great wingers/outside backs down for our game vs the Lions, (Penxe, Mapimpi, Nkosi, Fassi and that ***** who went to the bulls)

Also the investigation is on... So three players retired from the world cup squad. Schalk Brits, Francois Louw, and Beast. But a fourth player who was in the squad but who has not retired has not made this squad. Who is that player?

Overall it seems a good squad.
I am actually happy, one can never be 100% happy with a squad. Once Coetzee comes into the squad my feelings will improve.

The du Preez twins inclusion makes me happy. They deserve it. Almost thought Sale killed off JLdP, by trying to make him a lock.

Weird that they still chose Rg Snyman and Lood, come on guys stop picking injured tackle bag carriers.

I will probably have more commentary about the squad as the media points out more stuff that I might feel ****** me off. But until then well done Nienaber.

Edit: Curwin Bosch must feel unlucky
Edit 2: Scarra Ntubeni and Joseph Dweba instead of Akker is IMO a bad call.

Edit 3: Sharks backup Scrumhalf Nohamba included instead of our youth prodigy starter and the one who has displaced Nohamba to a squad player, Jaden Henrdikse is suspicious. Happy with Cobus he deserves it.

Edit4: Nienanber will love the twins, in his rush defence style, along with Coetzee.

Edit 5: Serfontein, Rohan and Goosen expected exclusions but would have loved to see one of them in a side

I think the squad is a pretty decent squad, and based on what Nienaber as well as Rassie had to say about guys missing out, there are good reasons for their exclusion. They specifically mentioned Marcell Coetzee and Cornal Hendricks.

Coetzee's omission in mostly due to his lack of substantial game time the past 18 months. But he's in for a chance should there be any injuries, like Vermeulen. From what I've read, should Duane need surgery, he'll be back in training before the tour kicks off. But he'll miss out on the Georgia tests.

Cornal Hendricks wasn't selected due to his legal dispute with SA Rugby in relation to his previous medical condition.

I think we also need to take a realistic approach to the newcomers, I think it's inevitable that more of the black players will be picked ahead of others such as with the hookers, although, I think Dweba has been knocking on this door for a while now. Same goes for Nohamba, although i think he'll be there mostly for the SA "A" game.

I think the squad is a pretty decent squad, and based on what Nienaber as well as Rassie had to say about guys missing out, there are good reasons for their exclusion. They specifically mentioned Marcell Coetzee and Cornal Hendricks.

Coetzee's omission in mostly due to his lack of substantial game time the past 18 months. But he's in for a chance should there be any injuries, like Vermeulen. From what I've read, should Duane need surgery, he'll be back in training before the tour kicks off. But he'll miss out on the Georgia tests.

Cornal Hendricks wasn't selected due to his legal dispute with SA Rugby in relation to his previous medical condition.

I think we also need to take a realistic approach to the newcomers, I think it's inevitable that more of the black players will be picked ahead of others such as with the hookers, although, I think Dweba has been knocking on this door for a while now. Same goes for Nohamba, although i think he'll be there mostly for the SA "A" game.
Vermeulen does need surgery, apparently.

Was hoping to see Hendrikse in place of Nohamba, but he probably won't fit into our gameplan yet (he's the quick running type)

Will be happy if it's near the same as the team that won the WC. If Duane is out, I would play JldP. I would also start Marx over Bongi. I don't know how anyone ever saw Bongi as better than Marx. Sure he does all the basics well but Marx is a game breaker. both WC final tries had Marx involved. The semi 50m maul ended by Faf had Marx at the back of it. He is just way too good to not start imo. That guys highlites reel speaks for itself.

Don't like Elstadt. At all. Also don't like Scarra. But overall it's near as good as we can do.

Guess we will see what happens in that Georgia warm up.

Yeah it was Stander apparently. Irish as they come so obviously didn't know better

Latest posts