• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Season 8 of Walking Dead just started. After a dull seventh season I was unsure but gave it a go. It was good.

Started and finished Stranger Things season 2 today. Was very good, not quite as enjoyable as the first season but very good nonetheless however some parts did feel overly fan service-ey.

Not saying im an avid watcher but Im A Celeb...with Amir Khan going in, do they do Halal Crocodiles etc?

Saw the first episode of Murder On The Blackpool Express.

I now wish I hadn't - a 'comedy' which is struggling to be funny in any way (just my opinion).

1st episode of Peaky Blinders last night. Bit far fetched with NY Mafia included.

1st episode of Peaky Blinders last night. Bit far fetched with NY Mafia included.
I think the Russians were a wee bit far fetched too tbh! :p The Shelbys are global. I enjoyed the first episode and hope they do more with Tom Hardy this season while I reckon Adrian Brody will be brilliant. Its the only "serious" show I really watch so I'm really excited for it.

No one spoil the Peakeh Bloinders too much now or I'll cut you. Gonna let a couple build up then get stuck in.
Absolutely, the best actor on the show now in my opinion and its not as if I don't love Hardy or Murphy. I love 1920's America so it'll be right down my alley!
Spent some of your fonder younger years there did you? Alpha Bro talking out his arse as per usual.

We used to mind the niece of the actor who plays the I.R.A member Tommy beats to death in the pub in season 1. I'm a part of this story now.
Well my family's from Small Heath so does that mean I have to beat you to death in a pub?
I mean it was always on the cards but I thought I had more time to prepare

Black Mirror coming out between Christmas and New Year - should make for a cheerful break from our current reality - which is probably why he isn't doing a 2017-wipe (it was depressing enough last year before the full horror of reality had hit)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

But for real though, as if McDonalds needed more free advertising. Rick and Morty is an example of a really good enjoyable show that I'm now almost ashamed to watch because of their truly cancerous fanbase who seem to actually believe they're intelligent for liking a cartoon for slightly dark humor, when the whole point of the show is that it's random meaningless nonsense you're supposed to take nothing away from. The creators must feel like the creators of My Little Pony did when their show created for 6-11 year old girls was adopted as a fetish by fedora wearing thirty something year old man children.

Rick and Morty and Christopher Nolan fans

Latest posts