• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Started watching Absentia and Fresh off the Boat on Amazon Prime.

Just day-binged season 2 of Big Little Lies (binged season 1 a few months back)... just tv of the highest order!

'The Boys' has me laughing a lot, then immediately feeling guilty as I can't help feeling I shouldn't be laughing at some of the stuff.

Certainly laughed a lot, though never felt guilty... maybe I'm sicker than I originally thought :oops:!

Probably the 4th or 5th time that I've watched The Wire (currently 4 eps deep into season 1)... so good.

Just finished the final season of OITNB, enjoyed it a lot. They wound everything up quite well - though the Piper story ended up the opposite of how I wanted it to

Started watching Goliath last night starring Billy Bob Thornton.

Watched the first 4 episodes, and so far it has gotten my attention. William Hurt plays the villain role so well.

"When they see us" on Netflix. About the 5 men wrongfully convicted of the rape of a jogger in Central Park. One of those that made me feel angry at what these men had to face and how the system utterly failed them. Also infamous for Trump's adverts using the case to call for New York State to bring in the death penalty and stoke up tensions during the trial. He has never apologised for this despite the exoneration of the 5. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Been re-watching all of Futurama now it's on Amazon Prime

Hermes is the gift that keeps on giving
"Sweet yeti of the Serengeti"
"Sweet Georgia brown of Kingston town"

Been re-watching all of Futurama now it's on Amazon Prime

Hermes is the gift that keeps on giving
"Sweet yeti of the Serengeti"
"Sweet Georgia brown of Kingston town"
Oh man what a show! Might get me back into some of that

It's probably sacrilegious but... I prefer Futurama over The Simpsons, ooops... well it's out now!

Haven't tried Disenchantment though, anyone tried that yet?

Last edited:
It's probably sacrilegious but... I prefer Futurama over The Simpsons, ooops... well it's out now!

Haven't tried Disenchantment though, anyone tried that yet?
I think Futurama, as a whole, is better than the Simpsons, but the golden age of the Simpsons is some of the best TV ever - just diluted by its massive drop off.

Disenchantment is OK - I only watched half of it but it was enjoyable enough. Background noise rather than 'i can't wait to watch the next episode tonight' kind of TV

He's already playing Bruce Wayne in ***ans and I'd be surprised if he'd play exactly the same character again.

Let's be honest like GoT this will hinge entirely in the younger cast possibly moreso who's playing Rand, Perrin, Matt, Egwene and Elayne. Possibly room for a name in Nynaeve. But that will make or break season 1 and thus the rest of the show.

The fact they got Pike is a very good sign.
Well, we've got our kid actors, a big bunch of "who?" which... quite honestly pleases me.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/wh...tadowski-perrin-marcus-rutherford-1203302153/
wheel-of-time-split.jpg

Egwene > Rand > Perrin > Nynaeve > Matt.

No idea what any of them have done before, somleta hope they can act.

Last edited:
I think Futurama, as a whole, is better than the Simpsons, but the golden age of the Simpsons is some of the best TV ever - just diluted by its massive drop off.

Disenchantment is OK - I only watched half of it but it was enjoyable enough. Background noise rather than 'i can't wait to watch the next episode tonight' kind of TV

Fair comment, The Simpson's was great once, shame about Disenchantment though as I love fantasy... speaking of which:
Well, we've got our kid actors, a big bunch of "who?" which... quite honestly pleases me.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/wh...tadowski-perrin-marcus-rutherford-1203302153/
wheel-of-time-split.jpg

Egwene > Rand > Perrin > Nynaeve > Matt.

No idea what any of them have done before, somleta hope they can act.

That's not 'my' Nynaeve! On a serious note though these guys were always going to be unknowns... really hope they do these books justice.

Golden age of Simpsons was seasons 3-8, 9 (well contained really funny episodes if not all of them, whereas 3-8 I think the standard was consistently brilliant) was good as well and from there well it's reached today's standard. Don't watch it anymore.

Latest posts