• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I watched Karate kid many years ago and I wasn't impressed as far as I remember..but jeez you're talking that much about these Cobra Kai series that I'm also interested now :rolleyes:
What??!!!:oops: Original Karate Kid was an 80s classic. Mr Miyagi is much missed and the the original "Karate lessons" wash the car wax on wax off, paint the fence - up; down; sand the floor; paint the house - side;side are unforgettable.

What??!!!:oops: Original Karate Kid was an 80s classic. Mr Miyagi is much missed and the the original "Karate lessons" wash the car wax on wax off, paint the fence - up; down; sand the floor; paint the house - side;side are unforgettable.
I've also researched KKii - that one really wasn't worth it

Just finished the first 2 episodes of WandaVision. I am pretty excited for this one, and I watched a couple of videos which predicted what it might be about based on trailers and the comics etc. If you're wondering if they give you any context as to what on earth is going on from the off, they don't. You are just dropped into this 50's comedy sitcom style story as per the trailers, and things obviously get a bit weird. There's genuinely 8 miunutes of credits at the end of the first episode which is..... weird.

I kinda applaud Marvel, who are genuinely seen as playing it really safe for going for something so weird and off the wall for their first Disney+ Series. I think something like Winter Soldier and Winged Gun Gentleman would have been a lot safer. I think people are going to watch the first two episodes of this and probably hate it though. It would work a lot better if they released the whole series at once, because nothing massively of note happens in the first two episodes, and the premise of the series is things start out normal but gradually escalate, so as a week to week thing, I don't really see it hitting.

I'll just add if you watched alot of B*Witched (which I did as a kid as my mum loved it) they've gone in hard of making it feel right. Especially how the first two episodes definitely feel like two different stages of the show and moving it on to colour from B&W for the third (like actually happened). But yeah there's a lot to take out if you watched old sitcoms.

Totally agree my major gripe for a 9 episode season and what appears to be the gradual escalation of what is going on (Wanda's mental break) a week by week format as opposed to dump and binge it all feels very wrong.

Just finished the first 2 episodes of WandaVision. I am pretty excited for this one, and I watched a couple of videos which predicted what it might be about based on trailers and the comics etc. If you're wondering if they give you any context as to what on earth is going on from the off, they don't. You are just dropped into this 50's comedy sitcom style story as per the trailers, and things obviously get a bit weird. There's genuinely 8 miunutes of credits at the end of the first episode which is..... weird.

I kinda applaud Marvel, who are genuinely seen as playing it really safe for going for something so weird and off the wall for their first Disney+ Series. I think something like Winter Soldier and Winged Gun Gentleman would have been a lot safer. I think people are going to watch the first two episodes of this and probably hate it though. It would work a lot better if they released the whole series at once, because nothing massively of note happens in the first two episodes, and the premise of the series is things start out normal but gradually escalate, so as a week to week thing, I don't really see it hitting.
I liked it a lot but agree that it would be better off being released all in one go. Quirky offbeat shows generally do better binged than as a weekly thing. Community is a good example of a show that didn't do great on network tv but was a major hit on streaming. Obviously Disney+ is a bit of a halfway house as these things go but as others have already said the whole structure of the show along with the general tone just makes a weekly thing seem like the wrong format entirely.

So we have What Book, What Film and What Music, so why not What TV show...

I am currently watching:

The Following
Vegas
Arrow
Grimm

Looking forward to:

Dr Who
Touch (Season 2)
Revolution
Watching rn: -
Looking forward: Sex Education (Season 3) & atypical (Season 4)

everything falling into place for Wandavision now

its an interesting decision taking this approach to kick of the next phase...not even the next phase, almost restarting everything, very different approach to Iron Man the first time around

cant help feeling at the moment that it might have worked in and amongst other series/movies rather than all on its own

in saying all that im pretty confident the finale is going to reveal the next "Big Bad"...just a slow build up too it

The Dig on Netflix. Pretty good. Didn't realise a client of mine was on it until I watched it.

I'm a fan but I'm happy they're finishing now instead of dragging it out past it's sell by date like most american comedies.

I thought last season dropped off and wasn't as good as previous seasons. Season 8 will only have 10 episodes which will hopefully be enough to bring it to a fitting conclusion. Brooklyn Nine-Nine reminds me of a police precinct sit-com from the late 70's and early 80's called Barney Miller. It was a big hit back then and ran for 8 seasons as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts