• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Going full-on Umbridge in the UK education system, is... really challenging my suspension of disbelief - however well flagged, from her opening Umbridge speech in E01
Yeah, that storyline was my least favourite - felt very tacked on/to appeal to the American audience

Still enjoyable on the whole, though, and had some very good moments sprinkled throughout it

(think all 3 seasons combined take place in about a year?)
Bloody hell, I hadn't realised that.
I'd assumed they were a school year each (with no mention of exams), and had to rercom S01 back anyear to allow the 3ed season.
But no, Maeve in S03E06 is 17. I'm sure she was 17 in the first season too - so not even a year has passed yet!

Ridiculously condensed

Yeah, I think each season is a term rather than a year?
Hard to keep track, really - I only really clocked because (as you said) Maeve says she's 17 in one of the episodes this season

The Sopranos Quote GIF

Can't wait

Yeah, interested to see how House of the Dragon goes. All of the source material is there from Fire and Blood, but adapting it into a tv show will be a challenge. The book is written as if it was a history book, citing in particular two really unreliable sources who had biases or exaggerated, so there's very very little dialogue bar bits of pieces and also the show will have to show these things that were left intentionally ambiguous in the book (why did person x do y, what become of this person, what did these two people say when they met)

I'm still hugely into ASOIAF so will give it a watch. How good it is will probably come down to how much they're willing to commit to the dragon fights. If they half ass the budget it will suck. Early image leaks made stuff like the wigs absolutely suck, but they can probably fix that quickly. The cast members I do know (Cooke, Smith and Considine), I quite like.

Book is worth a read or listen as well.

Edit: I also wonder how they're going to sidestep the fact that GRRM called two characters in the dance Kermit and Elmo....

Last edited:
Just finished the final season of "Good Girls"

The show as a whole is great, very much reccomend it, and the final season itself was good but the final episode....very disappointing
You could tell they thought they were getting a 5th and final season (and by all accounts they were supposed to - or at least have more episodes to work with. Season 3 lost its final third because covid shut down production, so those got pushed back into season 4)

It was a pretty successful show so hopefully Netflix picks it up to finish it properly (it's one of those shows where it's on TV first but Netflix part fund it) but I'm not holding my breath

I really like the Major League Baseball playoffs. Baseball can be boring at times because the regular season is too long at 162 games. But the playoffs have been very exciting!

Los Angeles Win GIF by MLB

EXHIBITION UNKNOWN on the Discovery Channel and Discovery+ (streaming) is an excellent show.

The Sopranos Quote GIF

Can't wait

my biggest problem with prequels.....you know how theyre going to "end"...im sure there will be great episode to episode stories...but in the end no matter how invested we get in the Targaryens....we know they fall

obviously big problem with how it ws executed but it was at least why do the star wars prequels was a good idea, we all wanted to know how anakin fell to the dark side

Will be interested to see how this gets translated to the small screen. Loved the game. Still have pre Elliot Page in my mind as playing Ellie. Still this actress was superb in GOT.

Joel to be played by Pedro Pascal the actor who played the Red Viper so a real GOT acting vibe.

Will be interested to see how this gets translated to the small screen. Loved the game. Still have pre Elliot Page in my mind as playing Ellie. Still this actress was superb in GOT.

Joel to be played by Pedro Pascal the actor who played the Red Viper so a real GOT acting vibe.
Pedro also plays the ***ular character in The Mandelorian so we know he already bring big Dad energy to it.

I've been watching Ted Lasso yeah its pretty much as good as everyone said it was.

Episode 1 of Dexter new blood. Hopefully rights wrongs of the awful last season of the previous Dexter. First 1 was pretty good.

Trying to keep hype in check. First book is one of the weaker ones and tropier than the rest of the series but at the same time I've wanted this for so long!

Here's a great CNN documentary about Linda Ronstadt. :cool: Enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest posts