• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Witcher season 2 is out. Only seen a few episodes, it's a definite improvement over season 1 but a lot of the flaws remain.

Nice to see some high budget fantasy being made and it looks much better than the Wheel of Time (which I do think is a better show overall).

Witcher season 2 is out. Only seen a few episodes, it's a definite improvement over season 1 but a lot of the flaws remain.

Nice to see some high budget fantasy being made and it looks much better than the Wheel of Time (which I do think is a better show overall).
We've finished it, strong start, strong finish a bit wonky in the third quarter. Wish they weren't only making 8 episodes a season.

I think the flaws are just inherent with the material (dunno why people are *****ing about the acting). But then I like it a lot having watched season 1 three times.

It could just do with a tiny bit more Basil Exposition like what the Conjunction of the Spheres actually was. Also its taken two seasons for its main cast to be in one place they work well toegther.

I'd also of like one more monster of the week episode.

waiting on my Christmas meal watches wheel of time final episode with my family.

I didn't like it tbh.
The whole series was about the dragon reborn yet 5 people seemed to wipe out the massive army, like what's the point of the dragon?

Rest of the fam seemed pretty meh on it. One is going to listen to the audiobook of it to see if it's worth his time.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised with "Death to 2021" on Netflix,
Had low expectations but it was surprisingly funny

Started watching "Get Back" on Disney+,
Never been big on The Beatles, and the length of it put me off (3x3hrs, essentially) but it's actually very good - going to keep chipping away it over the coming weeks (did an hour today and I think that's about my limit)

Dexter new blood episode 9. Best one so far. Hopefully, last one does justice to a pretty good season.

Watching Anne - drama of the Anne Williams struggle for justice for her son Kevin, who died at Hillsborough.

Cobra Kai.

Just finished episode 5.

karate kid GIF by IFC

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl in Los Angeles next month, especially if the Green Bay Packers (my team) are in it. With the game, the hyped up half time show and the commercials where companies pay a lot of money to promote their products, the Super Bowl is a worldwide TV spectacle. Just one 30 second commercial cost five and a half million dollars last year. And that was down $100,000 from February 2020 a month before Covid-19 started shutting things down here in the states.

1641241973117.png

Started watching "Get Back" on Disney+,
Never been big on The Beatles, and the length of it put me off (3x3hrs, essentially) but it's actually very good - going to keep chipping away it over the coming weeks (did an hour today and I think that's about my limit)
Just finished this,
Really really enjoyed it,

It's not something you'd settle down and watch like a movie, but as casual viewing it's fantastic

OK so I'm a typical Boba Fett fanboy (Yes nothing unique) so far pretty disappointed Morrison is doing a good job but **** me can disney spend some money and stop with the desert ****, there are other planets outside of Tatooine and why the **** Boba Fett wants to stay on that shithole that he got embarrassed in IDK.

Then we have now the Zoomer vespa gang that reminds me of the lads at college who were trying to get their bike license.

Just make Boba Fett a badass dammit he was that in the Mandalorian, why nerf him in his own show? People like badass main characters you don't need a development for it or something to protect him give me a good old OP character. Would've been nice having him as some kind of John Wick in Star Wars type thing not focus on fleshing him out so damn much. Give him his badass moments and some snippets to his previous life. I don't need to see him doing Crime manger stuff.

I'm worried about the Obi Wan stuff now.

I'm watching Witcher Season 2 and not to be this pretentious guy, but if ever there's a case of showrunners not 'getting' the source material it's this. Like the books are already pretty right, non bloated and didn't need widescale adaptation (like WoT did for example).

Some characters, most notably Yennefer act completely contrary to their characterisation. Even very small things like Vesemir allowing prostitutes into Kaer Morhen shows me they didn't particularly understand the characters.

That said Cavill as Geralt remains a GOATed casting.

Currently watching Witcher (second season) as well. I haven't read books,but watched old [Polish] series many years ago and find them better than the new series .Although the old serial is not that technically expensive and visually impressive,but it's more..Slavic (? just doesn't look like typical Western action series with some Slavic taste). Still don't know what to think about Cavill in this role..in old series there was a good actor Michał Żebrowski who was perfect as Geralt, and Cavill is just ok

Last edited:

Quite apt with what's going on in Ukraine/Russia border atm. Of course the back story of the two friends is fiction.

Latest posts