• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Anyone watching the new Stranger Things?
Shamelessly finished it all in the first couple of days. I did enjoy it but do agree with most criticisms about it. It's got a huge run time, and yet it's still lacking so many character interactions and things that made the show special in the first place, while other plot lines drag on badly. It's also super noticeable this season how much the writers just hate to kill off any of their characters - the cast has become so big and there are so many story lines and it means that a lot of the OG characters get pushed to the side.

Still can't wait for July 1st though.

Shamelessly finished it all in the first couple of days. I did enjoy it but do agree with most criticisms about it. It's got a huge run time, and yet it's still lacking so many character interactions and things that made the show special in the first place, while other plot lines drag on badly. It's also super noticeable this season how much the writers just hate to kill off any of their characters - the cast has become so big and there are so many story lines and it means that a lot of the OG characters get pushed to the side.

Still can't wait for July 1st though.
No shame id be the same but ive been werking 12 hour shifts and the wife wont watch it, no spoilers though ive only finished the first episode

Yeah, first 7 episodes came out on Friday. Eps 8 (1h 30mins) and 9 (2h 30mins) come out on July 1st.
I like this more than i thought i would, not sure about 02:30 episodes though...that seems abit excessive hopfully they arnt dragging out content to make it last.

Finally finished the first part of the final season of Ozark. Still love it but it's almost getting to Breaking Bad levels of stupid plot wise. Wendy is great, though.

Got done watching the first two episodes of Obi-Wan. Some very enjoyable moments (topped by Jimmy Smits for me) but marred by some surprisingly dire acting from the lead antagonist. Allied to the poor lines written for the character, it was some pretty eyebrow-raising stuff. Not sure how that got signed off.

I think the most laughable scenes in Obi Wan were the TWO scenes where a particularly slow 10 year girl manages to outrun a group of men who are conspiring to not catch up somehow. I think after this and Boba Fett they need to ditch chase scenes altogether. Agreed that the main antagonist is just chewing the scenery.

Also Jesus can we just leave Tatooine behind? You're running one of the most high budget franchises in history set in a supposedly expansive universe. Please stop reusing the desert set.

Only a few eps in but really enjoying the new Stranger things season. The villain is genuinely scary and they've gone back to horror. I think the scene with the Kate Bush song was incredible from every aspect.

Found both pretty good think the complaints are well overblown.

Strange New World has a pretty solid start now mid way through its first season. Just have to hope the writers don't blow it.

I'm enjoying obi wan so far.
Agree with the tatooine comments but same time it should be expected with Obi wan on the whole.

Fett staying there annoyed me more.

Interested to see if they dive down into OWK backstory more already dropped some hints about his family.

Agree with the tatooine comments but same time it should be expected with Obi wan on the whole.
Was also only the first episode establishing who he was at the beginning of the story eps 2 and 3 haven't been there at all. So essentially it's a complaint that character who is established as living on Tatooine at this time starts off on said planet before the call to adventure.

I think the most laughable scenes in Obi Wan were the TWO scenes where a particularly slow 10 year girl manages to outrun a group of men who are conspiring to not catch up somehow. I think after this and Boba Fett they need to ditch chase scenes altogether. Agreed that the main antagonist is just chewing the scenery.

Also Jesus can we just leave Tatooine behind? You're running one of the most high budget franchises in history set in a supposedly expansive universe. Please stop reusing the desert set.

Only a few eps in but really enjoying the new Stranger things season. The villain is genuinely scary and they've gone back to horror. I think the scene with the Kate Bush song was incredible from every aspect.

Him standing there clearly waiting to give her a good enough head start was hilarious.

Star Wars isn't Star Wars without some stupid **** like that. I chalk that kind of **** off as for the kids even though 90% of adult Star Wars fans are just grown up kids.

Bit late to the party it (only started watching after the whole lot was released) but burned through all of Ozark the last few weeks,

Took me half a season or so to properly get into it, but was hooked after that.
Think it's a little overhyped (seen a lot of people saying it's one of the best shows ever etc.) but it's still a very very good show in it's own right.
Liked the ending well enough - thought maybe some plotlines were a little conveniently wrapped up/quickly rushed through, but I'd rather that and have it end when the writers/directors want than have them forced to drag it out for more seasons and have it fizzle out

Ruth was my favourite character, thought the actress who played her was incredible

I enjoy the 30 for 30 documentaries on ESPN and ESPN+. I just watched the four part series called The Life And Trials Of Oscar Pistorius. It was very good.

I enjoy the 30 for 30 documentaries on ESPN and ESPN+. I just watched the four part series called The Life And Trials Of Oscar Pistorius. It was very good.
The 30 for 30 docs are really well made, I'd almost guarantee that if you have an interest in any sport, you'll love any 30 for 30 doc on that sport. Unfortunately, they're tough to get hold of in the UK, last time I checked, there wasn't a single streaming service offering them, so you had to rent / buy them.

I think I saw the Pistorius thing on Amazon Prime. IIRC it was very interesting to start with, but a bit strung out and boring at the end.

Bit late to the party it (only started watching after the whole lot was released) but burned through all of Ozark the last few weeks,

Took me half a season or so to properly get into it, but was hooked after that.
Think it's a little overhyped (seen a lot of people saying it's one of the best shows ever etc.) but it's still a very very good show in it's own right.
Liked the ending well enough - thought maybe some plotlines were a little conveniently wrapped up/quickly rushed through, but I'd rather that and have it end when the writers/directors want than have them forced to drag it out for more seasons and have it fizzle out

Ruth was my favourite character, thought the actress who played her was incredible
Yeah I agree with everything you say here. I really like it but like a lot of really good shows they tend to get hyped up a bit too much. Ozark is great but it's no Sopranos.

Ruth is great but Wendy is brilliant. I mean, she's a **** but a brilliant one.

Loved the love affair the whole show had with Hip Hop as wel. Right up my alley with the old school tracks. One episode had Ilmatic by Nas on repeat

Latest posts