• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Exactly, it's low brow commercial rubbish so therefore puts little to no emphasis on character development, writing and acting and relies heavily on nostalgia and plot/action though clearly there's people out there that never watched Karate Kid who like it. There's nothing wrong with that obviously. No one wants to watch high brow **** all the time and there's obviously a time and place for stuff like Kobra Kai. Maybe I specifically hated it as I LOVED the karate kid as a kid and I just didn't get the clamouring arohnd it when it came out but maybe my expectations were too high.
You're just sooo cool!

You're just sooo cool!
I mean, talk about stating the obvious but I'll take it.

As I've said there's a time and a place for trash, I'll watch some **** TV from time to time when you just want to zone out but stuff like Kobra Kai should be grouped and compared with shows of a similar ilk. Comparing it to legitimately good shows like Andor is nonsense.

I mean, talk about stating the obvious but I'll take it.

As I've said there's a time and a place for trash, I'll watch some **** TV from time to time when you just want to zone out but stuff like Kobra Kai should be grouped and compared with shows of a similar ilk. Comparing it to legitimately good shows like Andor is nonsense.
Well if Andor (which was ok) or any other of the other Star wars series were great and Cobra Kia was crap in comparison then Disney wouldn't be in the **** would it?

Go back to the start of this conversation
I missed that article. Don't know I wold say they're in the **** and it seems to focus more on marvel stuff. I would be absolutely amazed if, at the very least, Disney hasn't already recouped it's £4 billion investment already. How that looks to what they were projecting when they first got the rights I'm not sure but it's not to shabby after 5 years or so.

I missed that article. Don't know I wold say they're in the **** and it seems to focus more on marvel stuff. I would be absolutely amazed if, at the very least, Disney hasn't already recouped it's £4 billion investment already. How that looks to what they were projecting when they first got the rights I'm not sure but it's not to shabby after 5 years or so.
You might be right and they have had some commercial success with Avatar 2 but there has been a lot of talk about Disney stuggling for a year or so now, even brought in their old CEO to try and steady the ship. I believe their streaming service is lossing a fair bit of money and they have fallen out with the Florida political establishment over the "don't say gay" thing and they happen to be Disney's landlords. They have also announced a few thousand job cuts which although isn't unusual doesn't do much for investor confidence. Which they need to fund projects.

Urgh. Don't get me started on Avatar. Not seen the second one but the sadist in me will insist I watch it at some point.

Mandalorian was terrible in my opinion. Nothing more than watching someone do the starting fetch/carry quests in an RPG.
Oh, but with Star Wars things jingled like keys every so often to distract you.

I am Bolt. Yeh not bad Netflix documentary showing the great man as he was going for his third unprecedented 3rd gold.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/king-of-the-hill-revival-hulu-original-cast-returning-1235245072/#comment-3659144

Kingofthehill.jpg

Not looking forward to it exactly. Remember Jim'll Fix it for you and thinking even back then he was really creepy. Coogan in the role of the Antagonist.

Anyone watched The Bear? Pretty intense but really good. Not everyone's cup of tea though.
watched the first episode only. May go back to it before the Disney sub runs out.

Just finished Gold on the BBC about the Brix Mat robbery in the 80s. Well worth a look
Although I didn't really like the portrayal of Noye. Apparently He loved it, but he was a nasty piece of work. No mention at the end of him subsequently knifing Stephen Cameron on the M25 and Palmer helping him skip the country before he got returned. He got away with killing a copper the first time round, which was an injustice in itself.

Although I didn't really like the portrayal of Noye. Apparently He loved it, but he was a nasty piece of work. No mention at the end of him subsequently knifing Stephen Cameron on the M25 and Palmer helping him skip the country before he got returned. He got away with killing a copper the first time round, which was an injustice in itself.
And he's currently out and about...no doubt enjoying his I'll gotten gains.

Remember the Stephen Cameron stabbing. Noye was getting a pasting and had to resort to stabbing him. Like you said, nasty piece of work.

Latest posts