• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

15 Minutes in and I had no idea what was going on but enjoying every minute of it.
Looking forward to the next episode to see if it can continue to engross, and hopefully not just bounce around all over the place.
Glad you enjoyed... my missus and step daughter did too, I just thought it seemed a bit 'cheap' when compared to other HBO genre output like GoT & West World. I will persevere though as I have some faith it'll come good.

Just finished the 4th series of Better Call Saul. It was good again without bring great.

Negatives IMO is they spend too much time with the incredible sulk AKA Mike. Walter White killing him was one of my highlights from Breaking Bad.

Speaking of breaking bad. Anyone think it was a bit silly to kill off Walter White? I mean, imagine if he was still in hiding and they decided to make a new series next year. It would be the TV highlight of the year IMO.

Nah, the whole point of BB was the story of WW and how he turns bad, redeems himself, provides for his family, but ultimately pays for it with his life.

He ultimately accomplishes what he set out to do ie provide for his family after this death. That was his story arc complete.

Having him survive and on the run again would be pointless IMO. He chose to come back from New Hampshire to take his revenge, rather than waiting to die in that cabin.

Watched Paul Rudd' Living with yourself yoke on Netflix. Interesting concept but I didn't like the execution, the characters aren't well thought out or believable at all at all.

Unbelievable on Netflix was very good, just get through the first ep or two as they could be a little depressing for some. When it gets going though it's a more than decent detective true story.

As this is the general TV thread, not just upcoming shows.
GOT writers confirm what many fans feared from the start: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-panel
Describing their earliest meeting with George R.R. Martin, Benioff said the author questioned their bona fides. "We didn't really have any," he said. "We don't know why he trusted us with his life's work." The two also admitted to making basic writing mistakes in the pilot, saying, "Everything we could make a mistake in, we did." That included script, casting, and costume design. Weiss described the experience as, essentially, a very expensive film school; the two didn't even know how to work with costume designers, for instance, which made the entire thing a huge learning experience.

Just watched the second ep of Watchmen and enjoyed it. Still seemed to have a bit of a 'cheap' looking production and some of the lines were a little melodramatic in places but the over-arching story is beginning to emerge and I'm consequently beginning to get intrigued. Looking forward to next week.

They've just been dropped from the star wars movies they were supposed to be making,
I imagine Netflix is looking through that $200m contract too.

Pretty impressive to go from running one of the most popular TV shows of all time to tanking your career off of the back of one season/interview

I have a memory of reading a few years ago that they got the job because they guessed the Jon Snow = Targaryen thing.
A very well known theory for over a decade beforehand.
Yes, they guessed it, but I don't think that's what landed them the job, just Martin's assistance.

Apparently the first GoT spin-off (the one that had a pilot shoot over the summer starring Naomi Watts and provisionally ***led The Long Night) has been cancelled by HBO execs. They have green lit another spin off provisionally ***led House of the Dragon though, about the forming of House Targaryen.

Something that i will be watching that will start on Netflix probably in December, is The Witcher, with Henry Cavill. Really looking forward to that one.

The Mandalorian is starting on 12 November. Should be really good.

Edit: Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
Witcher is Friday? Could of sworn it was later this year than that.

Anyone know how you access mandalorian in Uk

Witcher is Friday? Could of sworn it was later this year than that.

Anyone know how you access mandalorian in Uk

Illegally ;)

edit. & not too sure that the Witcher is out Friday, think it's just announcing the release date then... the favourite for which currently seems to be 17th Dec.

Sorry guys. I have my dates mixed up.

The Mandalorian is 12 November, and Witcher probably a month later.

Another series i'm looking forward to in December is the 4th season of The Expanse.

Another series i'm looking forward to in December is the 4th season of The Expanse.
I've heard a lot of good things about the expanse but struggled to get into it... think I left it at around episode 7/8 in season 1. How does seasons 2 & 3 compare to 1 in your opinion?

Latest posts