• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what was your highlight of England vs South Africa last night?

R

rugby_video

what was your highlight of England vs South Africa last night??

ok, firstly nice forum guys, im a newbie.

heres the score... we're watching the england vs SA match last night, and me i am english. My wife is South African! we're over at her families house and you can only imagine my grief when england fails to put anything on the board!! not only did i get grief all nite about how SA rules and how bad England has gone downhill !!!

whats going on?? can you honestly believe why there was so many injuries last night? why is Johnny still off?? why try to march up the pitch when we get smashed with fast runs and goal kicks.

why? why? why?

answers on a postcard please.

Only good thing was Jason Robinson. I heard that Superman now wears Billy Whiz Pajamas to bed, after watching that game.

But then HE fell to pieces (physically) and there ended the only good English thing in that game.

I'd say just be glad your wife's South African, and not Samoan. Because you might just be inline for some SERIOUS grief pretty soon.

Du Preez running and linking with Pietersen were the highlights for me.

It symbolised possibly a new S.A where both white and black totally supported each other on a rugby field despite the cultural differences at home...something that NZ rugby experienced in the early days when Maori and European played side by side. The first Pietersen try was Dupreez running away and Pietersen chasing hard after him and looming up on his outside. The second Pietersen try was DuPreez going against the run of play and searching for Pietersen as the go to man and sending him over in the corner...almost telepathic like....like they knew what was happening because the movement was saying go right but Du Preez goes left towards Pietersen.

Damn...trust the S.A to get their team chemistry thing going at the right time damnit!

highlight for me..is knowing what english rugby is about nowadays

which is pretty much "pointless" to say

The highlight for me was, although I'm an Aussie, how good SA can be when they want to or don't stuff the play up. They even had 2 more tries in them (they bombed 2).

In saying that, I enjoyed seeing England's lackadaisical play destroyed by the might of the Bokke.

Quite simply, this game confirmed for the 25th time how crapola England have been since their 2003 World Cup victory.

my highlight had to be the english running around like their heads were cut off [/b]
Hmmm...yes...I agree...a few things spring to mind...
  • They were as useless as ***s on a bull
  • They were as useless as a spare dick at a wedding
  • They were as boring as bat ****
Its a shame that English rugby was embarrassed to such an extent, but it could possible prove the catalyst for a form change. They could their form around and start playing some great footy and could possible find themselves in a semi finals battle for the decider. I doubt it though.

Highlight for me was the perfomance of Jason Robinson in a lost cause. Never shied away from jumping for the ball and not once did he dropped it.

Du Preez running and linking with Pietersen were the highlights for me.

It symbolised possibly a new S.A where both white and black totally supported each other on a rugby field despite the cultural differences at home...something that NZ rugby experienced in the early days when Maori and European played side by side.
[/b]

Thats a nice message, makes rugby seem less important than we often say it is.

My highlight was Robinson's ovation. He has been simply amazing through his career, and was a jinky fast runner before Rokococo and Habana were in the game, it was a very nice moment of a dark night for English rugby.

Highlight for me was the perfomance of Jason Robinson in a lost cause. Never shied away from jumping for the ball and not once did he dropped it.

[/b]

Me too, I felt sorry for him it was like his own team was just watching while he was running with the ball.

The highlight was the Boks denying England to score. Jason Robinson was good and the standout player in a bunch of no showers. The way the Boks clicked and showed that the day they really want to play and when they click they are an excellent team.

the highlight had to be when robinson was sent off, and the whole crowd gave him a standing ovation. and the english getting their arses handed to them :D

From a South African perspective, the highlight was undoubtedly going a full 62 minutes before conceding a penalty. Shows that we can play a structured, disciplined game when we really want to. And of course the defense- whenever you shut out a team completely, that speaks volumes for your defense. If it`s against the defending world champions, well even better.

From an England perspective, obviously Robinson`s performance was sublime. And I can`t believe you guys haven`t picked up on the 2 tightheads won by England.

Highlight for me was the final whistle. The only way for England now is up, surely. Can they go any further down? It's all moot now, and they should play the remainder of this RWC as if their lives depend on it, but in reality look to restructure from top to bottom for 2011. It's not as if the Boks haven't been in a similar position themselves.

Can't really get much worse now can it?! Lets take the opportunity to try a few new things & build for the future.

Great win for the boks.But felt sorry for Robinson for being in such a **** team!!!

Being in a pub full of English, and listening to the silence.

Pity about Robinson, great player and hope he can finish his international career on a positive note.

Com on Bokke