• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What was your most hardcore practice

keegancasper

Academy Player
Yesterday I got absolutely destroyed at practice. It wasn't because my teem mates were hitting especially hard, though they were. It had absolutely nothing to do with spending an hour on fitness, carrying teem mates, running ext... No the thing that made it hardcore was that there was a constant down pour and it was only 37 degrees. We were in the middle of a muddy field, only getting muddier. The up side was that no one could feel there body so the tackling drills didn't hurt. To be honest it was the funnest practice I have ever had in any sport. I just wish I had a slow motion montage of it, like my teammate Luke mentioned.

In secondary school we had a practice on frozen/ice covered ground, that HURT. The grass was like tiny knifes, everyones knees and elbows were cut to shreds by the end

Another one that comes to mind, bearing in mind i've never been injured in a game *touch wood*, doing tackling practise, i managed to break one of my own ribs (got dump tackled, put my hand out to cushion my fall and elbowed myself in the ribcage) - which was then followed by circuit training for a-bloody-long-time

As some of our players are in their early 40's , we don't have really really hardcore trainings. Hard enough to appreciate the beers after though...

mine is an hour and a 15 mintes of spriting/fiteness traing in 40 dergressC flowed by a practis game.

Post your story's people 30+ have looked and only three have actually talked. It seems like in a sport as ruff as rugby there would be some horror story's, and for the record when I say it was 37 degrees i mean thirty degrees Fahrenheit.

First training in seniors at Pre-season a few months ago. I was 16 and only knew 3 people there.
It started with 45 minutes of pure fitness, at a level you never see at U16 level, followed by contact session, then a 'conditioned' game in which I broke a rib recieving a box kick while some flanker 30 kilos heavier than me ate me alive.
That was a real awakening to what club rugby involves, and how big a step up it is, even at National 3 level.

30 lengths of pitch to warm up

then intense drill where you gotta hit tackle bags for 1 minute at a time

hit a scrum sled like a ruck on your own push 5 metres get out hit it again do this for a length of a pitch

team run unnoposed

game of contact any dropped pass knock on forward pass etc. punished by push ups or a run ..

this training was a surprise me being a *** i had my dinner half an hour before..needless to say i puked...alot

The hardest drill I've had is called "the circle of death" which is essentially 10 people holding tackle bags in a circle and spreading apart while you have to make a tackle on who's ever bag is called. It is very high intensity. You do it for 5 minutes and you feel like throwing up. The worst entire session I've had I can't really remember. I've has a few pretty crappy ones.

Ten laps around the field as a warm up. (In thick snow) That was pretty bad, then just heaps of sprints, couldn't do much physical stuff that day.

In one 4 hour session with the Bedford Blues

5 laps, 2 slow, 2 medium, 1 sprint as a warmup.

The tackle cylinder thing, picking those up and sprinting with them 40m then 40m back, giving it to a team mate and keep doing it for 20 minutes. Exhausting.

4 vs 4 full pitch touch, for fitness for about an hour.

5 laps with a 50kg bag on your shoulders.

Then backline moves which was pretty easy.

Then A side vs B side at about 60% for 30 minute halves.

All on a hot hot 27 degree celcius day.

Also, if there is a knock on at anytime while we are training it is 20 push-ups or 20 full sit-ups. It can be quite bad when you are playing because you are out of the game for about a minute while they keep playing, so your team is a man down.

Ten laps around the field as a warm up. (In thick snow) That was pretty bad, then just heaps of sprints, couldn't do much physical stuff that day.

In one 4 hour session with the Bedford Blues

5 laps, 2 slow, 2 medium, 1 sprint as a warmup.

The tackle cylinder thing, picking those up and sprinting with them 40m then 40m back, giving it to a team mate and keep doing it for 20 minutes. Exhausting.

4 vs 4 full pitch touch, for fitness for about an hour.

5 laps with a 50kg bag on your shoulders.

Then backline moves which was pretty easy.

Then A side vs B side at about 60% for 30 minute halves.

All on a hot hot 27 degree celcius day.

something doesnt quite add up ... :p

Practice after 24 hour of duty in ICU was even worst than Chechen torture :):):)

Practice after 24 hour of duty in ICU was even worst than Chechen torture :):):)

Wow that does sound intense, Alex.

I don't really like posting things like this because I don't want to put you all to shame... ;)

^ There's no edit button unfortunately.

But my hardest session is not actually a rugby one, I used to open the bowling in cricket (Off the longest run-up in history of course... had to look scary!) and managed to do so on a 47*C day in Western Sydney.

In secondary school we had a practice on frozen/ice covered ground, that HURT. The grass was like tiny knifes, everyones knees and elbows were cut to shreds by the end

Another one that comes to mind, bearing in mind i've never been injured in a game *touch wood*, doing tackling practise, i managed to break one of my own ribs (got dump tackled, put my hand out to cushion my fall and elbowed myself in the ribcage) - which was then followed by circuit training for a-bloody-long-time

Same thing, snow and ice in an atrocious wind. Then it started hailing. Kind of worked, we won 7 straight after that.

My hardest training lasted 12 says straight.

Day One: Slay the Nemean lion
Day Two: Slay the 9 headed Lernaean Hydra
Day Three: Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis
Day Four: Capture the Erymanthian Boar
Day Five: Clean the Augean Stables in a singly day
Day Six: Slay the Stymphalian Birds
Day Seven: Capture the Cretan Bull
Day Eight: Steal the Mares of Diomedes
Day Nine: Obtain the Girdle of the Amazon Queen
Day Ten: Obtain the Cattle of the Monster Geryon
Day Eleven: Steal the Apples of the Hesperides
Day Twelve: Capture and bring back Cerberus

I'm telling you mate, at the end of it I was shattered.

^ There's no edit button unfortunately.

But my hardest session is not actually a rugby one, I used to open the bowling in cricket (Off the longest run-up in history of course... had to look scary!) and managed to do so on a 47*C day in Western Sydney.

Well I do not really am aware of Cricket but as you did it and you can put all of us to the shame :D:D:D seems you have done something heavy and interesting :D:D:D

i had assumed you had just phrased it incorrectly the light hearted comment afterwards was merely a jest you have inherited the ***le douche in light of your recent spate of douchebaggery.

Latest posts