• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what would be your Matchday 23 for the british and irish lions in 2021

Who are people's bolter predictions who haven't been mentioned on this thread?

I'm going with Caelan Doris and Duhan van der Merwe (the Scottish George North from this summer onwards). If they have stormers at next year's 6N then they're in with a great shout.

Who are people's bolter predictions who haven't been mentioned on this thread?

I'm going with Caelan Doris and Duhan van der Merwe (the Scottish George North from this summer onwards). If they have stormers at next year's 6N then they're in with a great shout.

Probably some random 18 year old Welsh player...

I think Doris is a really good shout and also from an Irish point of view I'd add Kelleher. He should be the starter for Leinster and probably Ireland next year. I don't think hooker is an especially strong area (a lot of players who are fine but lacking standouts) and he has some X Factor to him.

Ryan Baird has a chance but there are probably too many quality locks.

To alleviate the lockdown boredom, who would people like to see in the coaching set up? I assume Shaun Edwards doesn't have a release clause with France? I doubt Jones would be willing to go as an assistant. Would A Farrell and Townsend be up for it or will they have summer tour commitments with Ireland and Scotland? Howler is surely a non starter after his betting shame. Borthwick or Rowntree could be an option or will Gatland try and bring in some bolter kiwi coaches? Would be good to have all four nations represented in some shape or form..

Defence coach - A Farrell or John Mitchell if Farrell doesn't tour?
Head Attack coach - Townsend
Forwards - Borthwick
Assistant coaches?

Not a bad side but you can tell England is the most populous of the countries.

I thought that. I mean I voted Stander at 8 and there was no option for a Manu and Rigrose pairing in the centres.

I also don't rate Mako's scrummaging but I'm in a minority with my mates on this who all love him.

As this is something that I have asked a number of my rugby buddies it's something that keeps croping up.

I am new on here so be gentle...but my 23 plus coaches are...

Defence - Mitchell...Edwards if he can get out.
Attack - Stuart Lancaster or stephen Jones - both doing great with the teams they have
Speciality - dark arts on the ground - Sam Warburton
Forwards - Steve Borthwick - though I doubt tigers will let him go with the state we're in so maybe Rowentree - already done the job
Backs - Sam Vesty or Girvin Dempsey - outsiders but got two teams playing some lovely backs rugby

1. Genge
2. George
3. Furlong
4. Itoji
5. AWJ (CC)
6. Underhill
7. Curry
8. Dombrandt
9. Gareth Davies
10. Russell
11. May
12. Farrell(CC)
13. Manu
14. L. Williams
15. Hogg

16. Mako/Marler - depends on the ball tampering
17. K Owens
18. Sinkler
19. Lawes
20. Moriarty
21. Tomos Williams
22. Biggar
23. Watson

I would love to see these smash up the boks

AWJ should not be there, he was average at best and now is old and average.

I wish I was his age and that "Average"...

He is an enforcer, great around the paddock, not scared to step up when needed, and would leave his soul on the pitch for 50 minutes, then Lawes can come on and destroy...

lions tours require more than skill and youth...sometimes you just need experience, grit and sheer bloody mindedness...AWJ's middle names

AWJ is battling with Ryan to partner Itoje IMO. I can easily see AWJ getting the nod and wouldn't have any issues unless his performances decline next year. It also solves the captaincy issue in the absence of other obvious contenders. I just don't see Faz as a Lions captain.

AWJ is battling with Ryan to partner Itoje IMO. I can easily see AWJ getting the nod and wouldn't have any issues unless his performances decline next year. It also solves the captaincy issue in the absence of other obvious contenders. I just don't see Faz as a Lions captain.

My concern with Faz is the history he has with South Africa from the Autumn internationals...and his attitude on occasions. I put him as co captain, pretty much only because there's no one else in that starting 15 in the backs that has done it, cope with it, has the temperament to deal with it etc.

Latest posts