• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What would happen if Flankers were abolished?

sigesige00

Bench Player
Rugby League decreased the number of on-pitch players from 15 to 13 by abolishing Flankers.
What would happen if Rugby Union did the same thing?

Well, you say league abolished flankers - in what sense? They don't have players who contest rucks - but the looseforward/lock is far more comparable with the role of flankers in union, than the two positions of prop.

This thread isn't even interesting at all.

Well, you say league abolished flankers - in what sense? They don't have players who contest rucks - but the looseforward/lock is far more comparable with the role of flankers in union, than the two positions of prop.

This thread isn't even interesting at all.

You're going about this all wrong!!

Firstly, someone comes in and says that...oh, let's say...George Smith is the greatest flanker of all time.

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's Ritchie McCaw.

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's some flanker from the 1960s.

Then, ignoring the theme of the thread, someone posts a video of Brian O'Driscoll doing something amazing, resulting in a lot of fanboy lap fapping.

Then someone over-analyzes every position on the pitch.

Then someone calls someone else an idiot.

Then someone yells BEN SMITH! really loud.

Then I post something, followed by the sound of crickets.

;)

das

Firstly, someone comes in and says that...oh, let's say...George Smith is the greatest flanker of all time.

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's Ritchie McCaw.

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's some flanker from the 1960s.

Then, ignoring the theme of the thread, someone posts a video of Brian O'Driscoll doing something amazing, resulting in a lot of fanboy lap fapping.

Then someone brings up the BOD spear tackle

Then someone over-analyzes every position on the pitch.

Then someone calls someone else an idiot.

Then someone yells BEN SMITH! really loud.

;)

das

Fixed that for you! :drinks:

Hmmm Let's see - Fit a member to each post:

Firstly, someone comes in and says that...oh, let's say...George Smith is the greatest flanker of all time. - Insane Asylum

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's Ritchie McCaw. - Any NZ Poster

Then someone else comes in and says no, it's some flanker from the 1960s. - Draggs or Psychic Duck

Then, ignoring the theme of the thread, someone posts a video of Brian O'Driscoll - LN7 or Feicarsinn
doing something amazing, resulting in a lot of fanboy lap fapping. - Cmac

Then someone over-analyzes every position on the pitch. - Smartcooky

Then someone calls someone else an idiot. - Possibly me, especially if it's sigesige or sifplay I'm mentioning

Then someone yells BEN SMITH! really loud. - Nickdnz

;)

das

BEN SMITH!!!!!

(Sorry, I just wanted to be part of the thread)

Rugby without flankers is like a barbecue without meat.

Brian O'Driscoll would just have to do more poaching. He's tasty in a ruck though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do all the threads end up back slapping BOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Rugby league has its origins in the North of England, Yorkshire and Lancashire 1871 in the George Hotel Huddersfield, when the then Federation was formed, two different games entirely absolutely pointless thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do all the threads end up back slapping BOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Rugby league has its origins in the North of England, Yorkshire and Lancashire 1871 in the George Hotel Huddersfield, when the then Federation was formed, two different games entirely absolutely pointless thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Because some of us on the forum doesn't praise the ground he walks on. Some of us can see his flaws. And some of us aren't lap fapping fanboys of him.

And to be honest, we are get sick and tired of the endless discussions about his greatness, when he isn't really all that great... To some of us... not everyone.. just some of us...

Because some of us on the forum doesn't praise the ground he walks on. Some of us can see his flaws. And some of us aren't lap fapping fanboys of him.

And to be honest, we are get sick and tired of the endless discussions about his greatness, when he isn't really all that great... To some of us... not everyone.. just some of us...

Blasphemy

*Rummages around for video of BOD man shaming Jean DeVilliers*

Ehhh, I think I'll let this one go. I've accomplished what I wanted on this thread.

*Rummages around for video of BOD man shaming Jean DeVilliers*

Ehhh, I think I'll let this one go. I've accomplished what I wanted on this thread.

Did you find one? I don't think there are so many matches where they were each other's opponents...

Did you find one? I don't think there are so many matches where they were each other's opponents...

Yeah, he does him nicely when DeVilliers was up playing for Munster. Not really JdV's fault looking at the sitaution, but it'd would have fitted good.

Also, this thread is ridiculous.

Yeah, he does him nicely when DeVilliers was up playing for Munster. Not really JdV's fault looking at the sitaution, but it'd would have fitted good.

Also, this thread is ridiculous.

not that I think Jean De Villiers is the best centre in the world either...

and which Sigesige thread is not utterly ridiculous!??

There is no video evidence of BOD manshaming JdV. There is video evidence of Trimble making JdV look like a tool. Ergo, Trimble is clearly better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts