• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Whatever happened to...?

O

ollybarkley

Does anyone know whatever happened to Lionel Beauxis, the French #10 who was at the WC and was starting ahead of Michelak, and seems to have disappeared a bit now. He was a young guy too, if I remember correctly.

I didn't think he was that great or anything, but I knew a lot of other people did. Anybody know what happened with him? Did he get overtaken by Ben Boyet and Tran-Duc and people like that?

Does anyone know whatever happened to Lionel Beauxis, the French #10 who was at the WC and was starting ahead of Michelak, and seems to have disappeared a bit now. He was a young guy too, if I remember correctly.

I didn't think he was that great or anything, but I knew a lot of other people did. Anybody know what happened with him? Did he get overtaken by Ben Boyet and Tran-Duc and people like that? [/b]

He's benn injured a large part of the season, and his spot at Stade Francais was like overcrowded with Hernandez and Skrela above him in the pecking order. Now that they're both gone he might have more game time and establish himself in the starting XV.

Ahh...thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure what had happened to him, after hearing so much about him during the World Cup. Not sure what everyone is so in love with Skrela about. I thought he looked terrible in the World Cup. He's kicking is quite slow, and too easy to be charged down. I think he is another of those players who are only good when his team is going forward.

Ahh...thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure what had happened to him, after hearing so much about him during the World Cup. Not sure what everyone is so in love with Skrela about. I thought he looked terrible in the World Cup. He's kicking is quite slow, and too easy to be charged down. I think he is another of those players who are only good when his team is going forward.

Ahh...thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure what had happened to him, after hearing so much about him during the World Cup. Not sure what everyone is so in love with Skrela about. I thought he looked terrible in the World Cup. He's kicking is quite slow, and too easy to be charged down. I think he is another of those players who are only good when his team is going forward. [/b]

Yeah, Skrela is seven shades of ****. I Hope he never wears the Blue Jersey again. :wall: :wall:

I think Skrela's time in the set-up is over. Lieveremont seems to be sold on the youth movement, which I don't think Skrela is part of anymore. Michelak might be starting to get pushed out of the side regularly too I think.

Wonder what is next for Jauzion.....

Well there's no 12 coming out of the youth ranks atm so he might still be there for a while. The other option is Trinh-Duc as a 2nd five-eighth but a in form Jauzion is obviously better.

<div class='quotemain'> Does anyone know whatever happened to Lionel Beauxis, the French #10 who was at the WC and was starting ahead of Michelak, and seems to have disappeared a bit now. He was a young guy too, if I remember correctly.

I didn't think he was that great or anything, but I knew a lot of other people did. Anybody know what happened with him? Did he get overtaken by Ben Boyet and Tran-Duc and people like that? [/b]

He's benn injured a large part of the season, and his spot at Stade Francais was like overcrowded with Hernandez and Skrela above him in the pecking order. Now that they're both gone he might have more game time and establish himself in the starting XV.
[/b][/quote]

Well Hernandez have signed an extension to his contract with Stade Français until 2011, so Beauxis will still have to compete and follow learning and improving. Anyway with all the matches Stade Français must play this season there's enough for them both.

He's still demanding to play just 10 isn't he? Hernandez I mean. I thought after last WC that he had been adament on that subject, with an eye to playing there more regularly with Argentina in the future.

He's still demanding to play just 10 isn't he? Hernandez I mean. I thought after last WC that he had been adament on that subject, with an eye to playing there more regularly with Argentina in the future. [/b]

He should play N°10 most of the time I presume although sometimes he may be asked to play full-back.

I think Hernandez should play as full-back because Beauxis is safer in play. Hernandez is also lot more unforseeable when he plays 15.
Let's return to Beauxis. Last summer Toulouse wanted to buy him to St Français but Lionel prefered to stay in Paris. What a shame when you think that Elissalde played fly-half !
I think Skrela won't do anythink good with Toulouse. He's too slow and his feet seem to be weak when he's under pression.
I hope Beauxis will play with France because he's the best in France at fly-half.

I think he could be the best. Michelak is great when things are going well, but he is terribly erratic in his form, and when he is off...he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.

I would rather see Hernandez at FB myself. It think he can be too easily contained when he plays 10.

Say.. did anyone ever rate Alain Penaud, the old Brive #10. I actually thought he was a quality player.

Latest posts