• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Whats the worse thing you have done in a game

Dirty, dirty forwards :cartonja: The whole lot of you...

I don' want to hear anything about the dirty frenchmen ever

:buba:

I used to always have a bloke with a crazy finger always attack me in training. Poke you in the eye ear or nose to break your concentration.

The only other time I've been sent off (That I recall, anyway) was once when a member of the opposing team had just smoked our winger on the outside, and got over the line, and was taking the ball benieth the posts. I was, at the time, playing at Fullback and had half-heartedly chased the guy, thinknig that I could always be in support incase the other defender only managed to half-tackle him, and if he didn't get to him, then -ah well- try, no matter what I did. However, since I was still in a fairly central part of the field, I just thought "Why not?" and ran straight at the guy, who was about to put the ball down. I landed an massive hit on him, despite him being far, far taller than me, and he ended up going out so it would have been a 22m Drop-Out to us.

I was pleased until he kicked me in the face and starting swearing at me, at which point the ref sent us both off, but awarded a penalty try, no reason given. It's not nescearily a 'bad' thig, but with stories of hard hits, I thought I'd mention it, since it's a kinda good tale.

Im not a big fan of breaking the rules well not getting caught anyway but i do tend to get myself in awkward situations. Copule of examples would be:

Playing at hooker for a team i hadnt really ever played for before sort of doing them a favour. We where off to play a South London team who where notorious for being a bit lively, and in the first few scrums i recieved 2 head butts a knee to the face and a extremly clean right hook from there prop. Anyway i decided enough was enough and realised the ref wasnt going to do anything so next scrum on engagment i managed to head butt there hooker and knee him square on the nose which broke anyway the rest is history really punches where thrown therer hooker was replaced and the game continued.

An instance that didnt end so happily was when playing for my team this time opposition hooker had been fishing all game ref doing nothing decided to throw him off his game with a few cheap shots apparently missed him and caught my brother who was proppng tight head in the nose 3 times :blink: needless to say not good still waiting for the pay back on that one.

To be fair tho playing Hooker your ment to get in trouble and wind up the oppo im normally the one that gets punched in the back of the head or stamped on. My only thing is if your willing to give it you gotta be able to take it!!

When I'm watching rugby I always go on about the gentlemanly side of the sport, then when I get on the pitch I'm mad as f***.
Always effing at the ref, rucking the **** out of anyone on the wrong side, BEING on the wrong side (no mean feat for a centre), <strike>gouging</strike> that's about it though, I've never done anything really serious or malicious. Just scything through the defensive line with consummate ease time after time.

Also my housemate was playing against Gareth Owen (they're good mates) and got the ball turned over off him by fingering his bumhole.
...I'm always glad he's on my side. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 11 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Playing scrum half i took the ball from a ruck stepped a player sprinted to glory only to be confronted by their last line of defence (a winger, covering full back i think).
He slowed a little as he approached me for the tackle so, for no reason, i pretended to throw the ball in his face. Of course, as you do, he flinched. Closed his eyes and partially pulled his hands up to cover his face. As he did that i stepped around him and went to score my try.

...only the ref blew up.
Pulled me back. Penalised me and yellow carded me for "ungentlemanly conduct". This coming from a man who calls the forwards "donkeys" and the backs "pretty girls" and steals what little water you have when you're trying to drink it at half time.
We lost the game and my team voted me as '****** of the match'.

I often get '****** of the match' for starting on some lump-of-a-forward and quickly requiring the help of my team mates...but that try would have been a glorious one!!![/b]

Is that even against the rules?! A mate of mine who isn't really into rugby or any other sports at all, but one day decided to play a one off game for my schools second team did that in a match and the ref said nothing. He isn;t very big but ended up at flanker for the last 20 and I ripped the ball of one of their wingers passed it to him and he did teh ball in the face movement and completely skinned the tackler and made a break :lol: He then got smashed, but it was brilliant seeing him do it.
I haven;t actually ever done anything worse than a push or a punch really, I remember once being very suprised when I pushed over this guy when he tried to take me out off the ball, he went down suprisingly easily. Next time he saw me in a ruck though he stamped the hell out of my legs though. <_< Someone has tried to gouge me before, but kinda missed and gouged my chin instead, so I hit him and that's pretty much the only time I;ve ever punched someone, wasn;t really a proper punch either.

Worst thing(s) i've done.. stomped on a couple hands for people trying to illegally steal the ball in a ruck.. I always pull on kids jerseys in the ruck and pull it over their head, or hold them on the ground when i get knocked out of the ruck.. got a yellow card for punching a kid back who punched me first (i hit him a bit late), if someone plays dirty to me, i do it right back to them.. i've gotten punched/kicked in rucks, so I do the same to the opposition

Worst thing my brother has done.. hes stomped on someones head and cut it open.. coach said he wanted us to show aggressiveness in our last game, because during the season we never did (apart from my brother and I), so he went and did that to their captain.. kid was a douchebag anyways.

We both shared MVP for our season too :) yay.

Oh and when i went and played in my high schools Alumni game, I was in a ruck with my coach, and i got him pretty angry and pulled him out of the ruck and held him on the ground, he threatened to kick my ass, and I laughed.

Ok just to start it we were playing Windsor Boys School on their North American Tour this last 4 of July(yeah i know a bit ironic lol) but we've played them before cause we toured england and wales the year before and played them and partied with them and most of us are good friend now. But last time we played them we lost by one penalty kick so we really wanted to beat them. I was playing outside centre for IL Tornadoes(providential side) and i got a skip pass from our flyhalf hit the gap and tried to step the fullback but it was really wet out so i ended up going straight at him so i lowered to make a hit on him and ended up just flattening him and knocking him out cold and then scored the try. As i was jogging back to get ready for the kick i see him getting up and stumbling around i knew him but i couldn't help but laugh.

Um, I once dislocated my outside centers ankles (both of them) during practice. I have been sent off twice both for minor things though.

One of my teammates accidently punched me in the face and got like an inch of dirt in my eye by accident in a ruck once, too. That sucked.

Someone tried to gouge me so I broke two of their fingers. IN the first ruck the guy tried to fishhook me so I told him if he did it again I'd break something, 15 minutes later I'm in a maul and felt his fingers all over my face so I grabbed and snapped. He went off, I wasn't penalized, we won B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paella @ Jan 20 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Someone tried to gouge me so I broke two of their fingers. IN the first ruck the guy tried to fishhook me so I told him if he did it again I'd break something, 15 minutes later I'm in a maul and felt his fingers all over my face so I grabbed and snapped. He went off, I wasn't penalized, we won B)[/b]

:lol:

Love it!

Latest posts