• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where can I get Radio Commentary? In Africa

E

EamonX11

I am a beleaguered Irish rugby fanatic in Kenya. I have a poor internet connection, but would be able to listen to Rugby World Cup radio commentaries online if I knew what radio stations were broadcasting. BBC Radio Five Extra, and Newstalk Dublin, which are doing most matches can only be accessed in England and Ireland due to copyright. Not here. I tried to get some station with commentary on the England-South Africa Match tonight (Friday 14th) but failed. (not much of a match according to the score on the official Rugby W. Cup website. Please, have pity on an Irishman in the bush. Give me any URL that might connect me.

weird the england game was on newstalk tonight sorry man i dunno
[/b]
But that's my problem. The Rugby W.C. broadcasts from Newstalk, also BBC Radio 5 Extra, do not go out internationally because of copyright. They are blocked to me.

weird the england game was on newstalk tonight sorry man i dunno
[/b]
But that's my problem. The Rugby W.C. broadcasts from Newstalk, also BBC Radio 5 Extra, do not go out internationally because of copyright. They are blocked to me.

I don`t know if you guys get the local RSA stations up there, what with the AU and all? If that is the case, you could maybe try Radio 2000, it`s on 98.8FM1. Not the best coverage in terms of commentary, invariably the Afrikaans channels are much better, but the best of the English-medium stations for rugby commentary I should think.

I don`t know if you guys get the local RSA stations up there, what with the AU and all? If that is the case, you could maybe try Radio 2000, it`s on 98.8FM1. Not the best coverage in terms of commentary, invariably the Afrikaans channels are much better, but the best of the English-medium stations for rugby commentary I should think.
[/b]

Thanks. Will try. Wish you RSA guys all the best in the tournament. Seems you are really coming right at the right moment. We (Ireland) seem to be going backwards.

Latest posts