• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where to start?

T

Thingimubob

Am getting a new laptop for Christmas, which should be able to run Rugby 08 (my old laptop decided it didn't like it). So am gonna buy the game for the PC and I;d like to get all the great mods people have made on here, but not sure where to start. Would the MUP have everything? Kits, Stadiums and Rosters?
Cheers

well if you would like the super14 teams get Superpatch09 but if you want the top14 get mup09

In my opinion i would get Superpatch

For a roster get my roster most teams are up to date so thats the best roster.

Thats all for now

If you're more into NH Rugby than MUP would be the most suitable because it has Top14, Heineken and Premiere I think and it has more kits, stadiums and even little touches like faces, boots and even the corner flags and proper post and stuff.

might go for the MUP, because I'm more into NH Rugby (kinda ruthlessly pillaged the Super 14 in my PS2 version :p ) cheers though :)

plus the superpatch has more tournaments to play but i acept your decision its still good

Hey guys

I can't make a new topic but i wondered if anyone needed help swapping world league teams can pm me.

You can have as many mods as you like. You just need to make directories for the files. You have the original directory for the game, so when you install the game for the first time (check it runs ok) then just duplicate/copy that folder twice. Then add the superpatch into one directory and the MUP into another. Then you can run the two mods. the only downfall is that you have to copy data.gob which runs from the .exe. I haven't figured out (i havent looked rather) how to get the .exe to run from one data.gob.. then you will only need to copy it once. It's like installing the game 3 times memory wise, that's all. But at the worse scenario, the Superpatch and MUP will merge into one patch.. so you can have a good mix of original teams (s14) plus a mix of currie cup, air nz cup and top14. Pleases everyone.

Latest posts