• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where to watch in Richmond?

Willodell100

Academy Player
Club or Nation
England
Group of 8-10 old mates looking for somewhere to park ourselves for the day in Richmond. Don't know the area well so was wondering if anyone here could point us in the right direction?

Group of 8-10 old mates looking for somewhere to park ourselves for the day in Richmond. Don't know the area well so was wondering if anyone here could point us in the right direction?

Isn't there a fan zone around there?

Or will that be ridiculously over priced?

Yes the Fanzone isn't far away in Old Deer Park.

I've heard that it's a £5 a pint and a lot like the Olympic fanzones where you couldn't go in with a bottle of water or a sandwich!

That said, if anyone's been please let me know if I've got the wrong impression of the Fanzone?

I'm going fanzone for the 2nd half of the sco-sa game before heading over to twickers for the big match. £5\pint is pretty standard.

I'm going fanzone for the 2nd half of the sco-sa game before heading over to twickers for the big match. £5\pint is pretty standard.

Have you been to the Fanzone before?

Its bad enough they charge £5 (plus a £1 for a plastic cup) at Twickenham for a pint of London Pride but in a muddy field with a big screen!

Especially when you can buy a pint of proper real ale in a local pub for £3.75.

Sorry I missed the fact you're going to the game - wow! Shout your heart out please and enjoy the game (if you can!).

If you fancy going one more station along. I had a good time in the St Margarets Tavern - Big, spacious and good atmosphere.

I went to the fanzine before the Wales England match and was pleasantly surprised! Try it, there's free shuttle buses to twickenham if you get bored so could go over there as well.

Have you been to the Fanzone before?

Its bad enough they charge £5 (plus a £1 for a plastic cup) at Twickenham for a pint of London Pride but in a muddy field with a big screen!

Especially when you can buy a pint of proper real ale in a local pub for £3.75.
No I've not. Might try to convince my mate to avoid it and head to a Richmond pub.

Can't stand the kind of 'ale' you get at outdoor venues.

If it is helping, I have been several time in Richmond (living not far) to a rugby pub called "the Red Cow", it is quite nice rugby ambiance. Not a big pub but good times there.

Cheers guys. My mate will probably want to do the fanzone as long as the weather is solid.

Its my first time on the beers in 3 months so I'm concentrating on staying sober enough to concentrate on the match...

Come to the RAA, everyone's welcome, stonking Championship match between 3rd place London Scottish VS our 4th place neighbours London Welsh on tomorrow ko 2:30pm £10 entry if you show your RWC ticket, bars open all day from 11:00am showing all matches on TV's. RFU run free buses to Twickenham Stadium from outside our ground if you are going to the England match tomorrow night. The fanzone is also about 300 yards from our ground.

Last edited:

Latest posts