TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Lads and Lasses, the Rugby World Cup kicks off NEXT WEEK!

Where's the excitement? Where's the hype?
WHERE'S THE ARROGANCE?!

There's been plenty of discussion, don't get me wrong, but where's the mindless patriotism? ARROGANCE? Isn't that what sports is all about?

The last time England was conquered was almost 1000 years ago (949 if we want to specific - 1066, Battle of Hastings and all that Jazz - 1991 doesn't count because it was a UK+IRE RWC, not England) - I'll be damned if some jumped up Johnny Foreigner is going to come here and take what is ours by birth right (Webb Ellis Cup? Where was William Webb Ellis from? Where is the town of Rugby?).
1N9k9ON.jpg

Lads and Lasses, the Rugby World Cup kicks off NEXT WEEK!

Where's the excitement? Where's the hype?
WHERE'S THE ARROGANCE?!

There's been plenty of discussion, don't get me wrong, but where's the mindless patriotism? ARROGANCE? Isn't that what sports is all about?

The last time England was conquered was almost 1000 years ago (949 if we want to specific - 1066, Battle of Hastings and all that Jazz - 1991 doesn't count because it was a UK+IRE RWC, not England) - I'll be damned if some jumped up Johnny Foreigner is going to come here and take what is ours by birth right (Webb Ellis Cup? Where was William Webb Ellis from? Where is the town of Rugby?).
1N9k9ON.jpg

North Dakota

6B9Nnnv.jpg

North Dakota
The town of Rugby, England can be traced back to an Iron Age settlement. The Iron Age was 1200-500 BC.
The town of Rugby, USA was founded in 1886.
Rugby, England is (at least) 2,386 years older than Rugby, USA.

Hell, Sale rugby club is 25yrs older than Rugby, USA.

Your move, rest of the world.

Not without a fight is the most English slogan ever. "Yes, we're going to lose, but, by jove, we'll make it jolly difficult for you."

You used to be a nation of arrogant, self-entitled *****. Now you're just sad *****.

Thats one in three of the world - One. In. Three.

It's a bit more than the Isle of Man and Boston.

Us English don't have to do anything to be arrogant, we are passively arrogant. We exude arrogance so those in our presence look our way and know full well it is an arrogant Englishman they are looking at. No other nationality has this ability to embrace arrogance in such a way that it just becomes natural. Hell we only lose at rugby because we don't want everyone else to feel bad, we are nice like that.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTduy7Qkvk8

fair enough, you deserve to be arrogant; after all, now that Halfpenny is out I legitimately think you have a realistic chance of making it out of your pool.

fair enough, you deserve to be arrogant; after all, now that Halfpenny is out I legitimately think you have a realistic chance of making it out of your pool.

Did you decide this before or after Australia beat you and stole the Rugby Championship from under your noses ? ;)

The last two times Halfpenny faced England:
EpsDydV.png

The last two times Australia faced England:
xHaLAsO.png

0/10, Must try harder.

No matter how much I love Ireland (the father of argentine navy is the Admiral William Brown, county Mayo's son) we gonna beat them in quarterfinals. But stay in calm, the Rose will fade in semis...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you decide this before or after Australia beat you and stole the Rugby Championship from under your noses ? ;)

The what? ... oh, you mean those trial matches that occur in RWC year :) ... Australia took the tri-nations ***le in 2011, and look what happened at the RWC :p

... I'm not sure about your birth right comment Olyy; it seems you guys and the Welsh couldn't decide if you wanted it or not, and the Irish and the Scots definitely didn't want it

As this article shows https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_World_Cup

The idea of a Rugby World Cup had been suggested on numerous occasions going back to the 1950s, but met with opposition from most unions in the IRFB.[14] The idea resurfaced several times in the early 1980s, with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) in 1983, and the New Zealand Rugby Union (NZRU) in 1984 independently proposing the establishment of a world cup.[15] A proposal was again put to the IRFB in 1985 and this time successfully passed 10–6. The delegates from Australia, France, New Zealand and South Africa all voted for the proposal, and the delegates from Ireland and Scotland against; the English and Welsh delegates were split, with one from each country for and one against.[15][14]

... I'm not sure about your birth right comment Olyy;
and I'm not sure a 22yr old lad, who we could afford to drop to teach a lesson about discipline, could run over the top of the All Blacks captain to set up a try.

Oh wait:
Richie+Mccaw+Manu+Tuilagi+New+Zealand+v+England+nZyoBsMlGdAl.jpg

As AB fans I don't event think we need to comment but we can

How many times have you won the 6 nations in the last 10 years, compared with us winning the RC/Tri Nations?

Whats your winning % compared to ours?

Whats the W/L ratio of England vs AB's in the last 5 years?

Pretty sure your **** at all the above :)

and I'm not sure a 22yr old lad, who we could afford to drop to teach a lesson about discipline, could run over the top of the All Blacks captain to set up a try.

Oh wait:
Richie+Mccaw+Manu+Tuilagi+New+Zealand+v+England+nZyoBsMlGdAl.jpg

Good gracious! that's pretty scary! .... is that from Mike Catt's private collection of photos of large Polynesian players running over other players? :)

... as if the giant cartoon characters aren't scary enough! :)

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-demand/video/watch-how-england-are-pumping-themselves-up-for-rwc2015/

Good gracious! that's pretty scary! .... is that from Mike Catt's private collection of photos of large Polynesian players running over other players? :)

... as if the giant cartoon characters aren't scary enough! :)

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-demand/video/watch-how-england-are-pumping-themselves-up-for-rwc2015/
I will not have anyone mocking that video.

It looks like the BFG vhs that I has as a kid and I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL!

It's certainly better than some guy who was dropped from the squad doing some air hostess video ;)

The last two times Halfpenny faced England:
EpsDydV.png

The last two times Australia faced England:
xHaLAsO.png

0/10, Must try harder.
but those teams made it further in the last world cup.

and the only reason you ever beat the Wallabies is because they can't scrum. but what if all of a sudden they could? I think it might be too late to start developing another area of your game.

Last edited:

Latest posts