• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which bands have you seen live so far this year?

Q

QKXV

I''ve not been able to go to as many gigs as I used to since becoming a dad about 8 months ago but now summer is here I've been to Isle of Wight and on the 1st of July I'll be standing in awe as I listen to the dark side of the moon as performed by Roger Waters & Nick Mason.

It started me wondering if anyone will be at Hyde Park and just in general about who you've seen live this year, who sucked, who rocked etc etc.....

I saw Disturbed in Christchurch NZ a couple of months ago, 7 hour road trip from here each way. Was a great conceret and trip all round, got shitfaced, survived the front of the moshpit and had some f*ckers try to steal my car in Oamaru, two thumbs up I'd say :cheers:

i cant remember wheither it was this year, it might have been very late last year, but the foo fighters. undoubtably the best night of my life. got about a meter from mr grohl, and watched him do a dumb solo. f***ing brilliant. stacked actors - f*** me.

also saw deep purple. smoke on the water - you could tell they had played that about 304581948621530962059862 times. but the rest of there songs were awesome, most notibly hush and highway star.

Muse 4 times (Wembley 03, Glasto 04, Earl's Court 04 x2)
Delays 5 times (ULU, Astoria, HMV, Glasto, Shepherd's Bush)
Hope of the States 2 times (Glasto 04, Astoria)
Interpol 3 times (Brixton 05 x2, Crystal Palace 05)

Got loads more but those have been my favourites...

Went to edgefest (**waits for mocking) and saw Presidents Of The United States, Mattafix, Elemeno P and P.O.D.

Originally posted by Serge@Jun 24 2006, 07:34 AM
Went to edgefest (**waits for mocking) and saw Presidents Of The United States, Mattafix, Elemeno P and P.O.D.
AAHHH! NOOOOOOO not edge fest!!

Although i was a huge fan of the presedents back when they where good, ie. peaches days. So i was thinking just going to see them, however i couldnt stand the idea of standing in a mini mosh with heaps of 13 year old, punk wanabes. Its just not right somehow. lol

Oh and yeah that Foo concert was late last year.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz+Jun 24 2006, 10:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Jun 24 2006, 07:34 AM
AAHHH! NOOOOOOO not edge fest!!

Although i was a huge fan of the presedents back when they where good, ie. peaches days. So i was thinking just going to see them, however i couldnt stand the idea of standing in a mini mosh with heaps of 13 year old, punk wanabes. Its just not right somehow. lol

Oh and yeah that Foo concert was late last year. [/b]
It was definately a pedofiles dream...

Originally posted by Serge@Jun 24 2006, 06:34 AM
Ahhhhh my 15 year old sister went there!!! lol what the hell were you doing there? checking out the talent? :D :D

I was going to U2, but once they cancelled I sold my tickets and used it to fund my going to State of Origin III in Melbourne on my Birthday... and by $6000 dollar a day addiction.

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Jun 24 2006, 06:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Jun 24 2006, 06:34 AM
Ahhhhh my 15 year old sister went there!!! lol what the hell were you doing there? checking out the talent? :D :D [/b]
Well someones got to do the talent scouting :rolleyes: . POD and Presidents were just the gravy.

This year has been slim pickings for me, only local acts down the King Billy (a local bikers pub) and a reigge/rock band who I gave up on after 2 songs.

I went to see The Jamm at the endo of last tear though. Wouldn't have known that it wasn't The Jam themselves if I'd had a few more beers before going in.

Well, just won tickets to see Muse at a special gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Go me :D

Also seeing them on their Autumn tour in London and Lyon hopefully.

I might also be seeing Sigur Ros at Southampton and Apartment at 100 Club...

I've been to Pete Murray, Reel Big Fish, the East Coast Blues and Roots Festival (Amadou & Mariam, Hilltop Hoods, Bob Evans. Bernard Fanning, Damian Marley, Daara J) Ben Harper and most recently Coldplay.

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 25 2006, 11:21 PM
and most recently Coldplay.
I am so sorry. My condolences.

That's one evening of your life gone forever.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jun 26 2006, 10:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jun 25 2006, 11:21 PM

That's one evening of your life gone forever. [/b]
I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan but the tickets and beer were free. They actually put on a good show though, so I wouldn't judge them unless you've seen them live.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jun 26 2006, 11:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jun 25 2006, 11:21 PM

That's one evening of your life gone forever. [/b]
Its not the cold play im worried about its the pete murry! WTF?? he has to be the worst i just cant stand it. But maybe its more of an aussie taste??

Foo Fighters
The Strokes
Angels and Airways
The Subways
Eagles of Death Metal

All in one 10 hour gig, stood up, squashed but at the front of 45,000!

BM

Originally posted by Serge+Jun 26 2006, 11:03 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jun 26 2006, 10:21 AM
I've been to  Hilltop Hoods
Did they put on a good show? I'm a big fan of their albums.[/b]
Yeah mate they were very energetic. It was great. Even Fanning who came on after them gave them huge wraps.

Latest posts