• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Console takes your fancy and why?

Originally posted by ak47+May 26 2005, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 26 2005, 05:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Serge@May 26 2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ak47@May 26 2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85@May 26 2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by ak47@May 25 2005, 11:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-saintsfan24_7
@May 25 2005, 08:45 AM
I am going for the almighty Xbox 360, as i feel it is going to build incredibly on its already brilliant system, and wipe the floor with the PS3.

crawl back into ur xbox, and shut-up

ur nothing but an xbox fanboy

therefore ur opinions are nothing but unconstructive biased rubble

I'll get both if both if i want

but leaning towards ps3, for backward compatible reasons, and GT5, oh and the SPECS, which wipes the floor and polish, and wipe its ass with Xbox 360 manuals.

But the 6 months between 360 and PS3 will be hard to go thru without a next gen console, so yeah both looks go for me.

Your nothing but a Gaystation fanboy!

I can tell this thread is going to get heated up a tad! (especially what I said above, hehehehe, oooops!)
<

whatever mate
<

top call from u kinkon - the boomerang controllers

hey whats the go with this cordless controller deal

i can see problems with non responsive controllers, and the cordless

what its power source, and how do they re-charge??

i can see a controller getting old after 3 years of smashing and in a multiplayer moment with mates, i can see the controller fail to responsd in a crucial time whilst playing

The Contoller Battery is supposed to last 24 hours and then you plug it into the USB point on PS3 to charge it up. And also the responsiveness range of controller is supposed to be 30 feet (10 metres).
well thats sour grapes all around for me

there will be many occasions, where the controller wont respond, coz we forgot to charge them............GAME OVER

and if u play for longer than 24hrs - we are up **** creek

we're now in a cordless environment..............but how reliable will it be [/b]
Perhaps you would be to play the controller as its hooked up to PS3 charging, that works with my shaver anyway
<

Got no idea how responsive it will be. Theres a long wait to find out too.

There will be no worries with blu ray (or is it tooth), very reliable. Who plays a console for 24 hours straight anyway?

i either buy ps3 or 360 like a couple weeks from its release and purchase the other next christmas

Originally posted by Wally@May 26 2005, 08:15 PM
There will be no worries with blu ray (or is it tooth), very reliable. Who plays a console for 24 hours straight anyway?
blu ray is the CD that holds up to 100 gig for games

and the bluetooth powers the control pad for the ps3....

.....BLOODY AWESOME!
<
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 26 2005, 09:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 26 2005, 09:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 26 2005, 08:15 PM

.....BLOODY AWESOME!
<
<
[/b]
Who's gonna use 100GB though?

I struggle to fill up a standard DVD-R!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+May 27 2005, 03:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ May 27 2005, 03:55 AM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@May 26 2005, 09:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

.....BLOODY AWESOME!
<
<

<
[/b]
50GB, but still the same principle still does apply. Atleast developers wont be able to moan about running out of room.

Originally posted by Wally@May 26 2005, 08:15 PM
In GT4 - there's 3 x 24 hr races - I B-Spec'd them, but I do know people that raced the whole damn thing.

I played JLR for 20 straight hours

Rented at 4pm Friday after school
Played till 12midday Saturday................blood blisters made me stop...not sleepiness..........JLR made my heart jump!

Originally posted by Serge+May 27 2005, 08:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 27 2005, 08:34 AM)</div>
Originally posted by gjohn85@May 27 2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by kinkon89@May 26 2005, 09:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

.....BLOODY AWESOME!
<
<

<
50GB, but still the same principle still does apply. Atleast developers wont be able to moan about running out of room. [/b]
I didn't realise they did anymore.

In fact, I havn't heard any moaning like that since the days of the PS1.

I take it there is alot of PS3 fans here then
<

Nothing against PS3 or Sony but I just don't think they will be able to match Xbox 360.

I'm not saying PS3 will be utter crap, it will be great il admit that, but i just feel xbox 360 is THE console.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@May 28 2005, 09:37 PM
<

Nothing against PS3 or Sony but I just don't think they will be able to match Xbox 360.

I'm not saying PS3 will be utter crap, it will be great il admit that, but i just feel xbox 360 is THE console.
Well don't let us get in the way of your 'feelings'

<

At the end of the day the output of the Systems will probably be very similar. All depends on the games that are made for each.

<

I'm not a PS3 fan... I don't believe in being loyal to companies. It's just that from all evidence and reports the PS3 is a superior platform... technically anyway. The PS2 was technically inferior to the XBOX, but it's massive 3rd party support and the utter failure of microsoft to crack the Japanese market (by far the largest games consumers in the world) saw the PS2 become a more dominant platform...

You never know, this may happen again, but the other way around. The XBOX will have a headstart of around 6 months and will be the most impressive thing out there and people will snatch them up and lots of companies will make games for it. The PS3 will come out, this time being technical benchmark in place of microsoft, but may suffer on lost sales due to the lateness of it's release...

Either way I'll probably eventually get both, but still, there is no denying Sony's is the most powerful platform.

If Sony carry on making different types of platforms then they will lose money BIG time, because many people may already have say a black PS2 and they are not going to get rid off it just to get a silver one are they?

more often than not, people won't be interested, i wonder if they decide to release several types of the PS3?

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Jun 1 2005, 09:00 AM
If Sony carry on making different types of platforms then they will lose money BIG time, because many people may already have say a black PS2 and they are not going to get rid off it just to get a silver one are they?

more often than not, people won't be interested, i wonder if they decide to release several types of the PS3?
how old are you?

its doesnt cost them any extra to make blue one, silver ones, or black ones
NO-ONE GETS A SILVER ONE, COZ THEY LIKE THE COLOUR AND TRADE IN THEIR BLACK ONE AND PAY EXTRA

and the little ps2 had a lower cost for sony aswell

if anything they release different versions from the debut version, because they figure out a way to manufacture them at a lower cost, and at the same time a more reliable product..........Sony and Public win

People are only interested in the library of games and whats inside the console..........

the colours, the versions/models is just irrelevent, and a token appealing aspect for anyone racist and hates blacks (Perhaps South Africans get the silver ps2's<-------------SARCASM)
<

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Jun 1 2005, 09:00 AM

I don't really understand what your saying here. A black PS2 and a silver PS3 are different because of the hardware inside them, not because of the colour and shape... Anyway, if they do what nintendo are doing and release teh PS3 in several different colours (XBOX 360 have already stated they will do this), then it will just mean a touch more asthetic value, the price of the console won't be affected.
What were you actually getting at?

Latest posts