• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which games are you looking forward to/buying?

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
I have a feeling there was one of these threads a while back, but thought we'd get a new one on the go, so:

Which games are you looking forward to getting in the near future?

For me it's Forza 4 (Oct 14th) and Battlefield 3 (Oct 28th)

Absolutely loved Forza 2, still play it now and I got it free with my 360 3+ years ago. Forza 3 was a letdown, and I traded it in a month or so after getting it, but 4 looks great - love the addition of all the top gear stuff

Battlefield 3 - loved Battlefield 2, still gets regular time in my 360, online is brilliant and more than makes up for the short story. Beats the snot out of CoD. I may pick of CoD, I'm not sure. Kind of want to play through the story, but not a pre-order for me (whereas I'm preordering the Ltd. Edition of Battlefield 3 so I get the map pack for free when it's released)

So then....how about you?

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions

Assassain's Creed: Revelations

and will give R.C. a go.

Oooooooh, forgot about Assassins Creed - I knew there was something else
Will definitely be getting that

Not too sure about Deus Ex - loved the original, might pick the new one up when it starts cropping up used for a bit less

I'm not too sure whether I'll get RC now - new release date puts it coming out around the same time as Forza/Battlefield and am looking forward to those more (especially after seeing more gameplay, and hearing all the faults)

Mass Effect 3 and Elder Scrolls V I can't wait for, as well I'm still looking forward to both rugby ***les since the NA release date is next week.

Looking forward to the next Starcraft 2 chapter but knowing Blizzard that will come out in 2071.

And totally unrelated and cheeky of me.... join my Aviva Premiership on Sportguru.co/uk pool code lardhoop and/or my Pro12 pool code artisota. I'm going to be promoting this big time because I didn't have the time to set up the pool till yesterday and its kind of running late for players to join.

Last edited:
Wait, wait wait wait wait............wait.........there's a new Elder Scrolls?!

I'm out of the loop! This year is getting more expensive by the post :lol:

I also loved BF:Bad Company2. And BF3 sounds so great, but I feel like I am committing a crime if I don't get COD. Ill buy RC just for the sake of rugby game development. Hoping Sidhe will make another one.
Other than that the poor pc folks are limited. . .

XkAt4XS4AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Madden NFL 12

FIFA 12

NBA 2K12

At a push:

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Battlefield 3

F1 2011

In no particular order;

Madden 12, NHL 12, Forza 4, Halo 4, Halo 1 Anniversary, F1 2011, MW3, Driver San Fransisco.

I can hear my wallet weeping at the thought

Had forgotten about Fifa and Madden too :lol:

Quite interested in getting those too - Fifa more so....bloody hell, why are games so expensive? :

FIFA 12 by far, will be buying serveral versions, finally featuring Wimbledon again after nine years

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - The homeland of the Nords, set a few hundred years after IV and Dragons have returned!!!! Comes out 11.11.11. At least in NA. I've seen the previews and it looks amazing!!!

All my flatmates have been going about for ages :p already have been told I've lost for at least a month most of them when it comes out.

Personally, I'll definitely be getting Rugby Challenge whenever HES and Tru Blu decide they want to release it in the UK :rolleyes: considering maybe getting Fifa and BF3. A guy I'm living with is a huge BF fan anyway so I'll have plenty of chance to test it out!

Considering looking into getting an F1 game, probably not the F1 2011, might go for 2010. My mate bought 07 for the PS2 a couple of weeks ago and said it's awesome. Worth it?

F1 2010 was decent although I think there was and probably still is some uproar around the fact that the other cars on the track are not setting their own lap times but instead are simulated by the AI. In terms of actually driving I thought it was very good, I'm not into track racing games particularly (prefer the slipping & sliding of rally) but F1 2010 was good enough for me, added to the excitement of the current F1 seasons, to go out and buy the Xbox360 steering wheel for it.

I'm sure you can pick it up for sub-£20 these days.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim myself, possibly Gears 3 and will definately be trying Rugby Challenge (though the more vids I see recently the more concerned over gameplay I become) so it may not be stay after initial purchase.

Fifa11 is still good enough for me to wait until 12 drops in price abit.

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3, played 1 and 2 to death. Others include Fifa 12, BF3 and possibly MW3. I've never played BF but it looks insanely good and I was fed up of the Call of Duty's after MW2. I got Dues Ex coming this week so I can't wait for that, will rent Pes from lovefilm to test it out but I doubt it'll be back to it's best.

I'm looking forward to that Metal Gear Solid special release pack thing the most in November, updated MGS2. 3 and another which I can't recall :D

Here's my list for the last months of 2011:

- Rugby World Cup 2011 (Still haven't received it)
- NHL 12
- CoD Modern Warfare 3
- God of War - Chains of Olympus*
- God of War - Ghost of Sparta*

Still debating whether or not to buy them:

- Battlefield 3
- FIFA 12
- Uncharted 3

* The 2 God of War-games are sold in a collection-box

Mass Effect 3 and Elder Scrolls V
FIFA 12 and Battlefield 3
The new Hitman, though I'm nut sure if that'll be 6 months or two years, but I've seen screenshots (I THINK)

That is more games than I can afford to purchase. But I suspect of O had the first 4 that I wouldn't need anymore games for about a year and a half.

I want Deus Ex also.

Can't wait for Fifa 12, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Hitman: Absolution (first time on the Xbox360 and PS3)!!

Oh and Max Payne 3!!

Madden 12 - Got it the other day and really loving it. Loving the new parts in Franchise Mode ... has added to the game.

Latest posts