• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which has been the most exciting first round match?

V

VoLGio

I want to watch all the matches possible but as I can't watch them live and I have no many time, which has been the most exciting match of the 8 finished?

I want to watch all the matches possible but as I can't watch them live and I have no many time, which has been the most exciting match of the 8 finished? [/b]

France V Argentina for drama, SA V Samoa is probably the game with the highest quality rugby.

Loving it so far....never really thought England would do much so not disappointed. Just enjoying the tournament.

The first half of the New Zealand/Italy game is some of the best rugby in recent years. Mind you, it's not very competetive but it is a display of a very high level of rugby. But clearly the match of the round was Argentina/Fance game. Very good.

France v Argentina. High standard, very physical, very close, and an underdog victory. Great match.

I loved the first 50 minutes of the Canada v Wales game, dreaming of a historic upset, maybe use one of those MIB mind wipers so that you can watch it and feel the same feeling :)

Samoa and Tonga was great - conservative favourites pipped by plucky "give it a fling" underdogs in up-yours derby match.

Tonga SA for me all the way, second france argentina. I enjoyed a lot first half of australia wales.

I never got to see the SA - Tonga match due to work.

So, out of the matches I have seen, I would say the second half of the Japan v Fiji game was really quite exciting. Especially with that late rally and oh so near victory by Japan.

France v Argentina was an brilliant start to the tournament but South Africa v Tonga was the match that really had me glued to the screen! Aaaaaaaah its too hard to choose! Can I say both?

South Africa - Tonga first, Japan - Fidji second for its suspense !!!
For me the worst was France - Argentina !! ( maybe because i'm french) !!

tonga vs. south africa, without a doubt
[/b]

Same for me. :cheers:

France vs Argies is a bad one, the French played poorly and Argies are Argies...
(translated = effective but boring)

I missed the Tonga SA match and the highlights on ITV.com clearly don't do the match justice. The match that had me most on the edge of my seat was Irealnd v Georgia, which looked up for an upset untill the final whistle

Georgia vs Ireland was the best so far by a country mile. Couldn't stop watching and I still cannot believe my eyes had seen last week. Great match and something which will make Ireland think again when they go to Georgia.

without a shadow of a doubt Wales - Fiji, both teams played some great rugby and werent afraid to play with ball in hand.

but other than that, Japan - Fiji, Samoa - Tonga, SA - Tonga. anyone notice a recurring theme?

Latest posts