• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which has been the most exciting first round match?

V

VoLGio

I want to watch all the matches possible but as I can't watch them live and I have no many time, which has been the most exciting match of the 8 finished?

R

RoyalBlueStuey

I want to watch all the matches possible but as I can't watch them live and I have no many time, which has been the most exciting match of the 8 finished? [/b]

France V Argentina for drama, SA V Samoa is probably the game with the highest quality rugby.

Loving it so far....never really thought England would do much so not disappointed. Just enjoying the tournament.

F

fcukernaut

The first half of the New Zealand/Italy game is some of the best rugby in recent years. Mind you, it's not very competetive but it is a display of a very high level of rugby. But clearly the match of the round was Argentina/Fance game. Very good.

S

stormmaster1

France v Argentina. High standard, very physical, very close, and an underdog victory. Great match.

B

Brodizzle

I loved the first 50 minutes of the Canada v Wales game, dreaming of a historic upset, maybe use one of those MIB mind wipers so that you can watch it and feel the same feeling :)

S

shtove

Samoa and Tonga was great - conservative favourites pipped by plucky "give it a fling" underdogs in up-yours derby match.

C

charlievolano

Tonga SA for me all the way, second france argentina. I enjoyed a lot first half of australia wales.

W

Will

I never got to see the SA - Tonga match due to work.

So, out of the matches I have seen, I would say the second half of the Japan v Fiji game was really quite exciting. Especially with that late rally and oh so near victory by Japan.

T

TongaFan

France v Argentina was an brilliant start to the tournament but South Africa v Tonga was the match that really had me glued to the screen! Aaaaaaaah its too hard to choose! Can I say both?

D

dreek

South Africa - Tonga first, Japan - Fidji second for its suspense !!!
For me the worst was France - Argentina !! ( maybe because i'm french) !!

T

Tarasque

tonga vs. south africa, without a doubt
[/b]

Same for me. :cheers:

France vs Argies is a bad one, the French played poorly and Argies are Argies...
(translated = effective but boring)

S

stormmaster1

I missed the Tonga SA match and the highlights on ITV.com clearly don't do the match justice. The match that had me most on the edge of my seat was Irealnd v Georgia, which looked up for an upset untill the final whistle

P

Prestwick

Georgia vs Ireland was the best so far by a country mile. Couldn't stop watching and I still cannot believe my eyes had seen last week. Great match and something which will make Ireland think again when they go to Georgia.

E

ecks tartan army

without a shadow of a doubt Wales - Fiji, both teams played some great rugby and werent afraid to play with ball in hand.

but other than that, Japan - Fiji, Samoa - Tonga, SA - Tonga. anyone notice a recurring theme?