• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which International teams are licensed?

J

jacob

I am just wondering what international teams are licenced or are they just the same as rugby 2004 with england ,scotland, france ,all blacks, south africa and Austrialia or will the rest of the teams be included

Keep it in one thread mate, not one thread per question please.

New licenses are Italy, Ireland, British lions, Argentina, Canada (dunno if they were licenesed in 04)

yes if they dont have licenses they can still use the teams players real names.If you meant the teams name i dont kno most teams dont have names

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jan 30 2005, 12:07 AM
how come wcr cudnt do it?
They cant use the players real names the teams that are licensed play for for example in WCR they didnt have the license for any the All Blacks,Australia etc coz EA had them.

Yeah they can providing no other company has the license

owwwwwwwww.....now i get it!

thanx

but lucky wcr had that option to change thier names!

does anyone know if they have the Rugby World Cup licensed this time around? What about the Zurich Premiership and Heinekin Cup?

What does the Rugby World Cup license give them/enable them to do? Doesn't look like they have the ZP or the HC judging fromthe logos at the start.

u guys mite laugh at me but wats the Zurich Premiership?

is it the six nations.?

or the european cup like teams such as the Harlequins?

The Premiership won't be licensed, despite the fact that it should be, but I thought someone said that the Heineken was licensed this time around, so we can expect the top European clubs to come complete with proper kits.........

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jan 30 2005, 09:53 PM
Yes... yes we might, and will!
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

No seriously though, it's the English comp and therefore full of boring and slow teams and totally irrelevant... you are quite within your rights as a SH rugby fan to not give a flying f*** about it
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 31 2005, 12:12 AM
The Premiership won't be licensed, despite the fact that it should be, but I thought someone said that the Heineken was licensed this time around, so we can expect the top European clubs to come complete with proper kits.........
I hope so... While I don't really get into NH rugby all that much, it would be cool to have the option of playing in it's most prestigious club comp...

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 30 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 30 2005, 02:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Jan 30 2005, 09:53 PM
Yes... yes we might, and will!
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

No seriously though, it's the English comp and therefore full of boring and slow teams and totally irrelevant... you are quite within your rights as a SH rugby fan to not give a flying f*** about it
<
[/b]
im sorry but who are world champions at the mo? a NH team + the European Heineken cup is bigger than the super 12 (a comp that seems to have forgoten what scrums, rucks, and mauls are for)

and saying whats the Zurich Premiership? is like people up here saying whats the NPC?

and for NH fans who don't care much for Super12 ?

... I want the Zurich Prem & Celtic League, cuz thats the rugby I'm interested in watching - and the sport is big enough in the UK, Ireland and France that we should get some of our home based competitions

... the Heineken Cup has been licensed from all the PR statements so far given, whether that enables them to use official team licenses remains to be seen?
... its official emblem does not feature at the start of Locksley's video (teams), but it has been announced and seeing as that demo was made in September, its plausible that they had not got them signed up by that stage.

... considering the amount of English teams featured in the Heineken Cup, it would only be a matter of adding a few extra to create the English league (official or unofficial) and the same for the Celtic League, there's only 1 Irish team and 1 Scottish team from that league that don't feature in the Heineken Cup, so they would be very easy to add.

... and in the PR statements it has been said that you can play european domestic leagues (somewhere)... I'm still hoping for an official announcement (they only just announced George Smith as cover artist, so its not too late for these sort of things) and if no announcement is made, I'd still be hoping for their inclusion but on an unofficial basis, therefore not warranting an announcement.

rarrrrrr !

Latest posts