• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which match will the AB lose this season ?

Which is the next the AB's lose this year ?

• in La Plata against the Pumas (Sept. 28)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • in Johannesburg against the Boks (Oct. 5)

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Bledisloe 3, Dunedin VS Wallabies (Oct. 19)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • in Paris against Les Bleus (Nov. 9)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • in Twickenham against England (Nov. 16)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • in Dublin against Ireland (Nov. 24)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Will the AB remain perfect for the entire year of 2013 ?
If not, which match do you think they'll lose first from now til the end of the November Tour ?

They've got 5 of 6 matches away, against Top 10 World wide opposition. It would be quite the tour de force.

Note: I skipped the test match in Japan on November 2nd.

Last edited:
Maybe next game against Springboks at Ellis Park, Boks could have won the last game if not for the unfair red card he received Bismarck du Plessis.

Cheers

well be sure to vote please, I'd like to get as many votes as possible to have an idea what TRF thinks...always interesting :D

I can't see us losing in Twickenham after what happened there last year. I think we will probably lose to South Africa and maybe against Australia. I can't see France beating us right now.

I don't actually think they are as good as they were last year. Teams that nail the set peice basics have a chance to take away their platform. It'll still take an excellent performance though and the IRB rankings don't lie, they remain miles ahead of the game. The NZ rugby template is the one we all should aspire to emulate. Shame the NH accountants don't agree. We're sucessful in other areas and god help anyone who dares suggest we put pitch performance first.

having read this again, the obvious response to their slight slip in performance is their injury list. It's still a slip though.

I don't actually think they are as good as they were last year. Teams that nail the set peice basics have a chance to take away their platform. It'll still take an excellent performance though and the IRB rankings don't lie, they remain miles ahead of the game. The NZ rugby template is the one we all should aspire to emulate. Shame the NH accountants don't agree. We're sucessful in other areas and god help anyone who dares suggest we put pitch performance first.

having read this again, the obvious response to their slight slip in performance is their injury list. It's still a slip though.

I don't know if I would agree with this. I mean if you look compare this year's performance to last year's I think they are about on par.

Last year we beat Australia by a combined total of 30 points; this year we have beaten them by a combined total of 29. We didn't very well last year in the home games against Argentina or Ireland 2 last season. The only games we have comparatively done better last year were the first and third tests versus the Irish.

I actually think we've looked a lot more slick this season. Last season looked more like a step back in my mind, a lot of side to side rugby. This season I think we're executing things a lot more nicely, while our depth hasn't been so good since around 2007.

no doubt the AB are terrific as always, no need to dwell on that, it's a given. But let's not forget they looked very vulnerable against a very vulnerable French side in June, and despite the 30-0 where France were about 180° of their game to be fair if you've seen the thing, those other two were competitive and there for the taking.
And they had difficulties against Argentina at home again, don't care about the conditions, the Pumas didn't play amazingly and yet they hung in there more or less. They also exposed the Blacks' pack.
And against SA, well too many cards in that game to assess anything really, but NZ did score a couple of tries on SA before the red.
As for the Aussies, well they're no reference at this point.

NZ is excellent on almost all cylinders, but they're beatable, and I think it would be quite a feat if they could go undefeated the whole way.
Personally, I think SA and/or France can get them. SA for obvious reasons, it's about 40/60 for them. And France because they'll be prepared and hungry after coming within good distance in 2 of 3 tests away. Plus with what we've got on paper it's definitely possible in theory, we'll just have to see how good we play as a team and how we handle the little details and fundamentals during 80min.

I don't think the ABs will lose any games but if they do, I think it will be to SA. If SA play like they did in their first game against Arg, they could be pretty dangerous.

Ever the optimist I've voted for the Ireland match, BO'D's last chance, Schmidt in charge and it being NZ's last match at the end of a long international season would be my reasons whether they're valid or not.

Last edited:
I don't think All Blacks will lose any game this year, Springboks in Johannesburg looks the most challenging task though.

Ever the optimist I've voted for the Ireland match, BO'D's last chance, Schmidt in charge and it being NZ's last match at the end of a long international season would be my reasons whether they're valid or not.

so you're the sneaky little leprechaun who thinks NZ are going to beat everybody conveniently all the way until Nov. 24th to, of course, lose to the Irish for the first time ever ! huh ?! HUH ?!!
kidding..I keed, I keed..

so you're the sneaky little leprechaun who thinks NZ are going to beat everybody conveniently all the way until Nov. 24th to, of course, lose to the Irish for the first time ever ! huh ?! HUH ?!!
kidding..I keed, I keed..

Yeah ok and I plan on being a terrible winner if we do win.

Yeah ok and I plan on being a terrible winner if we do win.

:p and you'll deserve it if Irelanb does !...(when that never happens....)

Oh and just loving the sheer faith ppl are investing in Australia there looking at the vote results :p
Even Ireland at the very end of the tour has 1 vote !

130922024630516643.jpg

Latest posts