• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which new faces do you wanna see during the European tour for the All Blacks?

P

punkbrain

Back in 05 (European Tour) Henry raised a lot of eyebrows by selecting I.Toeava and handing him the 15 jersey against a strong Scottish outfit!!......In the same year he also brought in = N.Tialata, J.Ryan, J.Eaton, A.Macdonald, S.Lauaki, C.Masoe, K.Senio, S.Sivivatu and S.Anesi.

What new faces would you like to see during the European tour???

I think guys like J.Makintosh should be considered as well as H.Gear.......Lauaki should be left out though!!

"TXT-SPK" converted into English.

Yeah... I don't think Lauiki would be a likely inclusion in any All Black tour anymore. I think Callum Bruce and Stephen Brett will both be getting the call. I also think that T. Latimer will be getting a look as well. I also think Kieran Reid and some of the Canterbury lads will get a look.

Kieren Read because he should of been in the team right now anyway there's no reason why he shouldn't.
Lelia Masaga killer finisher just a bit suspect on his defence but like Ma'a Nonu is a awesome offensive weapon.
Tanerau Latimer helped the Chiefs beat the Crusaders by outplaying Richie McCaw.
Stephen Brett because everyone knows how he's just waiting for Dan Carter to go to France I think.
Hosea Gear because his current form is awesome and his defence isn't too bad either.
Piri Weepu because I know they're gonna kick him out soon as Andrew Ellis is injury free.
Sonny Bill Williams just so he can hit someone so hard they won't wanna run thru the centres anymore
David Smith because we need someone with acceleration like his to match up against Shane Williams Speedy Gonzalez type running

Fowards = J.Makintosh,J.Macdonald,T.Donnelly,K.Reid,L.Messam,V.Vito.

Backs = A.Matthewson,S.Brett,D.Sweeney,H.Gear.C.Jane,P.Williams and L.Masaga.

And Henry should also bring back J.Eaton and R.Filipo !!

Messam should be brought in as openside cover for Richie McCaw!!

"TXT-SPK" converted to English. Don't do it again.

Would love to see Cory Jane tour... think NZ really needs to look at other options to McDonald at 15. It's obvious he isn't going to be around for WC11. Think Gear is worth a look as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrendonGoettler @ Aug 19 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
callum bruce, lachie munroe, keiran reid and jamie mcintosh[/b]

Callum Bruce hasnt been playing that well and Jackson Willison was picked ahead of him for 2nd 5 so I dont think he will make it.
Also Lachie Munro didnt play that well either and isnt he injured? If he isnt then Auckland have preferred to put Toeava out of position rather then have him in the squad.

My team would be:
1.Tony Woodcock
2.Andrew Hore
3.John Afoa
4.Brad Thorn
5.Ali Williams
6.Jerome Kaino
7.Richie McCaw
8.Rodney So'oialo
9.Jimmy Cowan
10.Daniel Carter
11.Sitiveni Sivivatu
12.Ma'a Nonu
13.Richard Kahui
14.Hosea Gear
15.Mils Muliaina

16.Keven Mealamu
17.Neemia Tialata
18.Jeremy Thrush
19.Liam Messam
20.Piri Weepu
21.Stephen Donald
22.Isaia Toeava

23.Hika Elliot
24.Jamie Mackintosh
25.John Schwalger
26.Anthony Boric
27.Adam Thomson
28.Kieran Read
29.Alby Mathewson
30.Anthony Tuitavake
31.Rudi Wulf
32.Conrad Smith
33.Tanerau Latimer
34.Joe Rokocoko
35.Cory Jane

Munroe has like a severely dislocated elbow type thing, which looked like it snapped! arrgh! lol

i just want to see what happens if punkbrain makes another post using TXT-SPK :)

I think Hosea Gear, Cory Jane and Stephen Brett have been knocking on the door for a while, so they definitely deserve a call-up imo.

I'd also like to see Chris Smylie come in as a bolter, Jeremy Thrush and Jason Eaton come in as locking cover and an even bigger bolter in Jayden Hayward (maybe a tiny bit of bias here because I know his brother). Scotty Waldrom's worth a shout as well, he's had a pretty choice season, and I think he's the type of cover the selectors are looking for for Richie now.

Of course, I'm not saying these guys should be in the squad, and there's plenty of others I'm sure I've missed, but these are just guys I'd enjoy seeing in the black jersey.

Hope Lauaki never plays for the ABs again. He's a mongrel with an over-inflated ego.

I agree with most of allyoop's team. But I'd replace Rudi Wulf with Lelia Masaga/David Smith because Wulf didn't really have a noticeable impact and Masaga/Smith deserve a chance. Also I'd have Conrad Smith in the 13 jersey to start with (against the Wallabies) rather than Kahui.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sneaki @ Oct 4 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree with most of allyoop's team. But I'd replace Rudi Wulf with Lelia Masaga/David Smith because Wulf didn't really have a noticeable impact and Masaga/Smith deserve a chance. Also I'd have Conrad Smith in the 13 jersey to start with (against the Wallabies) rather than Kahui.[/b]

To be honest, I would prefer Masaga/David Smith in the squad too. But I think Henry would be reluctant to leave out Wulf since he hasnt been absolutely awful. If they were to pick either of them though I think it would be Smith because Masaga is currently out of form. Yea, maybe have Conrad Smith at 13 for the Wallabies game but I think they need to start building for the next RWC and realistically Conrad Smith will probably go overseas to earn himself a fortune before then

Yeah I guess Masaga is unlucky that he plays for Counties Manukau who seem like they never want to use him, whereas Smith gets the ball a bit more with Auckland and gets the opportunity to show his skills.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 2 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Hosea Gear, Cory Jane and Stephen Brett have been knocking on the door for a while, so they definitely deserve a call-up imo.

I'd also like to see Chris Smylie come in as a bolter, Jeremy Thrush and Jason Eaton come in as locking cover and an even bigger bolter in Jayden Hayward (maybe a tiny bit of bias here because I know his brother). Scotty Waldrom's worth a shout as well, he's had a pretty choice season, and I think he's the type of cover the selectors are looking for for Richie now.

Of course, I'm not saying these guys should be in the squad, and there's plenty of others I'm sure I've missed, but these are just guys I'd enjoy seeing in the black jersey.

Hope Lauaki never plays for the ABs again. He's a mongrel with an over-inflated ego.
[/b]

Can someone explain to me what all the hate on Lauaki is about? Didn't he score a bunch fo tries this 3N?

I think the hate for wax is probably because he's been in trouble with the law twice for assault and because he plays good in the Air New Zealand Cup and alright in the Super14 but than when it comes to international duties he sux balls.

I think the hate for wax is probably because he's been in trouble with the law twice for assault and because he plays good in the Air New Zealand Cup and alright in the Super14 but than when it comes to international duties he sux balls.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 4 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the hate for wax is probably because he's been in trouble with the law twice for assault and because he plays good in the Air New Zealand Cup and alright in the Super14 but than when it comes to international duties he sux balls.[/b]

Really! I was unaware of the legal troubles....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canuck-Backrow @ Oct 5 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 4 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the hate for wax is probably because he's been in trouble with the law twice for assault and because he plays good in the Air New Zealand Cup and alright in the Super14 but than when it comes to international duties he sux balls.[/b]

Really! I was unaware of the legal troubles....
[/b][/quote]

Yea, he is a bit of a brute really. Also he is either brilliant or absolute rubbish. Its a shame whenever he is playing for the AB's he is rubbish

@ allyoop: If anyone is going to be around for the next World Cup, it's going to be Conrad Smith. He's said in interviews that he's not interested in money and just wants to play for the All Blacks. From what I can tell he's completely committed to the All Blacks, and you can see how passionate he is about the team when playing for them.

@ Canuck-Backrow: I don't like Lauaki because he's a mongrel with a big head that desperately needs deflating. I don't recall him scoring any tries in the 3N. In fact, the one game he did play he ensured that the All Blacks lost it. Turned over every ball he touched somehow. Allyoop and jawmalawm24 pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Latest posts