• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Olympic sport is the worst?

Which Olympic sport should be got rid of?

• Total voters

psychic duck

International
I would just like to know people's opinion on what the worst sport in the Olympics is, and which ones should be taken out

Football - no footballers would say they prefer the Olympics over the World Cup, Olympics is about lesser sports getting a moment, also we have to put up with the stupid bickering between the British FA's about Team GB football team which is a like one those Lions threads

Tennis - do we really need another opportunity to see Andy Murray lose another semi final? also they already have their big tournaments

Synchronized Swimming
- this is supposed to be real sport, not some poor water based equivalent of Dancing with the Stars which isn't entertaining enough to even have its own reality show

Modern Pentathlon
- roughly about 20 people in the world do this sport

Dressage - question, why does a horse version of crufts get in the Olympics? another question, if the a horse is transported from France, is it allowed to compete for Great Britain?

Archery - Eddie Butler commentates on it

Diving - would be more entertaining if fatties did it, where is Tony Buckley when needed?

Greco Roman Wrestling
- try explaining the difference between this and freestyle without Googling

Sailing - more boring than watching repeats of the 2007 World Cup final all day

Last edited:
Wow such depression here.

Should just enjoy the Olympics. Only comes round every 4 years, yes some events are boring. For me its a sport and I tend to love to watch most sports, understand every event won't please everyone, but you still got to love the fastest man on the planet survives on chicken nuggets.

Last edited:
What's to enjoy?
Sprinitng? Meh.
Long distance running? Dull as watching paint dry.
Rowing? Meh.
Walking? Wooo!

Practically all of the track and field events are dull as dish water. Some times the footy is good and the boxing is usually pretty entertaining. Those two aside, I can't think of any of the events I'd actually watch. Eh, some of the swimming is pretty good too I guess.

I f***ing love the Olympics.
Like I said in another thread, I'll watch almost any of the sports and not get bored whatsoever (2hr30 of road running is not that gripping, normally, but in the Olympics I was glued to it).

The time Paula Radcliffe went for a poo on the side of the road was mildly amusing, I'll grant you that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The time Paula Radcliffe went for a poo on the side of the road was mildly amusing, I'll grant you that.

Not at the Olympics im afraid.

2005 London Marathon
wink.gif

There are some boring sports in the Olympics true, but there's plenty to enjoy.

My favourite are still the athletics, and in particular the 5,000 and 10,000, because you never know how a race will unfold. Having Mo Fara (love this bloke, possibly one the of the most infectiously nice sportsmen there is) to watch just makes things even more exciting, although it's never disappointed with athletes like Bekele, Gebrselassie, and Kemboi to watch. I used to love watching Gebrselassie in particular when I was younger, another awesomely nice chap.

The mix between tactics and sheer talent is always exciting, and the wide mix of styles helps make every race different, with the endurance guys trying to run the kick out of the quick men. I always sit in amazement of the finish some of these guys can muster after an already gruelling race.

I've never been the biggest fan of the 100m, although Bolt has helped to make things more exciting. It's just over too quickly for my liking. 400 and 800 are always interesting. Not a fan of the really long distance stuff, and not hugely keen on the field stuff with the exception of the triple jump (lack of quality British contestants doesn't help here).

<object width="480" height="360">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2a3WtbPkclQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
</object>
feicarsinn of a saturday night.
ftfy

I would just like to know people's opinion on what the worst sport in the Olympics is, and which ones should be taken out

Synchronized Swimming
- this is supposed to be real sport, not some poor water based equivalent of Dancing with the Stars which isn't entertaining enough to even have its own reality show

Dressage - question, why does a horse version of crufts get in the Olympics? another question, if the a horse is transported from France, is it allowed to compete for Great Britain?

Diving - would be more entertaining if fatties did it, where is Tony Buckley when needed?

Greco Roman Wrestling
- try explaining the difference between this and freestyle without Googling

Sailing - more boring than watching repeats of the 2007 World Cup final all day

Well I cant stand the synchronised swimming

Dressage was a pain in the sack when I used to do one day eventing , most boring shite to compete in never mind watch , the showjumping however is quality and the best adrenaline rush one will have short of getting shot at .

Diving can be ok... if only for to kill time

I like wrestling but greco roman is a bit **** in my opinion , freestyle is far more entertaining

Sailing is bearable because I have a friend who should have been competing in the olympics this year only he had his leaving cert. He was at one point number 1 in the world at underage

I seem to remember you wanting me to ban you if you came on late at night...

Latest posts