• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which pool games are you most looking forward to?

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
As the ***le says.

I don't want to miss the next Japan victory over South Africa equivalent. So I'll be watching any potential upsets with interest, along with the expected close games between top teams.

So, for me,

NZ v SA
Wales v Aus
Fiji v Aus
Fiji v Wales
Samoa v Scotland
Japan v Scotland
France v Argentina
USA v France

Have I missed a potential upset?

Couple other big games;
Scotland V Ireland
England V France

Obv all England games being English and all.

Also USA vs Arg 4 days after Argentina play England potential for an upset. Will test their depth.

The ones on Saturday, which will mean an early start here in the UK with 3 back to back games: Australia v Fiji, Argentina v France and the finishing off with the big one and I think will end up being the final: NZ v SA. Then Sunday, Scotland v Ireland followed by England v Tonga.

Last edited:
The ones on Saturday, which will mean an start here in the UK with 3 back to back games: Australia v Fiji, Argentina v France and the finishing off with the big one and I think will end up being the final: NZ v SA. Then Sunday, Scotland v Ireland followed by England v Tonga.
It is a quality first weekend. All the big sides playing

All the Ireland games for obvious reasons.

Then

Then all the Tier 1 v Tier 1 games

Then

Italy v SA (out of the hope that a miracle happens and that we get a qf against the Italians instead)
Scotland v Japan (which I think will be a comfortable win for the Scots if I'm honest)
Georgia v Fiji (actually all the games in that pool, Australia and Wales are very likely to finish on top but I can see a lot of things being interesting as they get there)

I'd love to see the USA knock off a higher ranked team. That would bring more attention to the sport over here. Go Eagles!

Last edited:
The ones on Saturday, which will mean an early start here in the UK with 3 back to back games: Australia v Fiji, Argentina v France and the finishing off with the big one and I think will end up being the final: NZ v SA. Then Sunday, Scotland v Ireland followed by England v Tonga.
Nice, the first games, too true.
Japan v russia, being the very first game, I'll be looking forward to that

Probably NZ v SA

Fiji vs Australia, seems like a good game. It will be a offloading epidemic for Fiji.

England have a few tough games as well.

Also the French being French, who knows what team will turn up.

Latest posts