• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Quarter Final upset do you think is most likely to occur?

Which Quarter Final upset is most likely?

• Wales beat South Africa

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Argentina beat Ireland

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • France beat New Zealand

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Scotland beat Australia

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InsaneAsylum

First XV
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Rebels
Just a bit of fun. Use the poll to choose which quarter final upset you think would be most likely to occur this weekend.

Wales to defeat South Africa
Argentina to defeat Ireland
France to defeat New Zealand
Scotland to defeat Australia

lol love how we have a variety of posts but all votes have gone to the Argies so far.

The Pumas are Not the "black horses", a lot of people on the web talking Ireland rugby team already won...I`m angry.

Argentina and Ireland are pretty evenly matched.
Wales would have had a better chance if they had a full deck to choose from.
I'd say Scotland should pray for rain, but Australia are a different beast under Cheika and would likely relish the challenge.
France against New Zealand... very unlikely, as unlikely as 2007.

Argentina!! See a lot of Irish fans writing them off.. To the point in which they suggest that the semi-final is locked in.

Has to be Pumas vs Ireland. Second most likely is Wales beating RSA. Third is France beating NZ and least likely is Scotland (now with two citations I believe) beating The Wallabies.

out of those only Scotland or France winning would be an upset... Up until this thread I thought Argentina were favorites against Ireland...

out of those only Scotland or France winning would be an upset... Up until this thread I thought Argentina were favorites against Ireland...

Argentina are more than capable, that's why I have tipped them to win however Ireland are still favourites. it would be a minor upset if Argentina won but still an upset.

Same for Wales who are a great team, but still not favourites to beat SA. maybe if they played SA straight after the Japan loss, but SA have recovered well and look dangerous.

France over NZ would be an upset simply because NZ are number 1 and Scotland over Aus would be by far the biggest upset of the tournament.

Wales beat South Africa, not convinced by the Bokke. Ireland look like a far more complete unit, but the injuries they just had, Argies are definitely in with a chance.

VOted for Argentina beating Ireland but it wouldn't be an upset really, especially not with us losing actually our 4 best players to citings and injury. The O'Mahoney injury is absolutely massive. He is probably the form blindside in the world.

These Argies don't seem to be able to maintain 100% effort for 80 mins so hopefully our superior conditioning will tell. May the best men win.

In terms of upsets in order of most likely to happen

Argie
Wales
France

The biggest upset... All Blacks beat France, everyone is writing us off and I love it.

I don't know whether people picking France are being serious as much as yanking NZ's collective chain. For the most part I feel its in good humor though. You know, tall trees and all..

Latest posts