• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Unions can cope with the financial impact of Coronavirus

Thought about this one, actually.

The Top 14 is everything that is wrong with rugby and i wouldn't give two shits if the entire league went under. At the very least it would stem the poaching of Southern Hemisphere talent a little and balance out player salaries.

In fact, anything that is bad for the European leagues is almost certainly good for Australian rugby.

Well at the moment Covid is bad for European leagues so in your fukked up logic it should be good for Aussie rugby. I can't wait to see how the virus will help resurrect your rugby...

Well at the moment Covid is bad for European leagues so in your fukked up logic it should be good for Aussie rugby. I can't wait to see how the virus will help resurrect your rugby...
Still playing though, aren't you?

I thought I'd revive this with a fairly recent unfortunate update on Wales.

Are there any Tier1 unions that have had to change their domestic policy (e.g. 'Gatland's Law') as a result of Covid debts and an inability to pay top salaries or are they all just about keeping their heads above water?

Argentina may be struggling I suspect given the move of Argentine hosted SLAR matches to Paraguay. But since explusion from Super Rugby their salary demands will be fairly small (1x SLAR side at present, likely with few or no internationals).

In Tier2&3 we have suggestions Colombia and Brazil cannot afford SLAR participation and we have Romania rumoured to be due to restructure their domestic league to split it into geographical conferences, primarily as a cost saving exercise. But hopefully all nations, regardless of hemisphere, may have seen their last horrific winter in terms of crowd restrictions.

Latest posts