Which version will you be getting?

• PS3

Votes: 130 55.8%
  • XBOX360

Votes: 103 44.2%

• Total voters

mikeeboy

Academy Player
Making the assumption that the game will be up to scratch and you will be buying, which version will you be getting?

I'd buy the PC version, but apparentyle someone in this forum has an issue with us pc gamers asking in a polite and orderly manner for our fix of rugby gaming. Thank you so much to the admin that ERASED the thread I started so people could sign a petition to HB for the pc version. Seriously,I was only trying to contribute, not create any polemic issues but oh well seems like this isn't the democratic place I thought it was.....

I'd buy the PC version, but apparentyle someone in this forum has an issue with us pc gamers asking in a polite and orderly manner for our fix of rugby gaming. Thank you so much to the admin that ERASED the thread I started so people could sign a petition to HB for the pc version. Seriously,I was only trying to contribute, not create any polemic issues but oh well seems like this isn't the democratic place I thought it was.....

They haven't said it WON'T be coming out on PC only that they are concentrating on console versions first. Which is fair enough as console gaming is a far bigger market than PC games, especially in the Sports Games sector. The issue is covered elsewhere in the Rugby 2012 part of the forum and many people want it on PC. Lest wait to see what happens on this front before we petition anyone.

xbox 360 is already pirated and PS3 can't cut it in terms of mass market appeal, just trying to raise awareness on the fact that pc gamers always get overlooked by sports games studios and that it shouldn't be the case here

xbox 360 is already pirated and PS3 can't cut it in terms of mass market appeal, just trying to raise awareness on the fact that pc gamers always get overlooked by sports games studios and that it shouldn't be the case here

Awwwwww. Are you going to be okay?

I'll be going for the aul PS3 myself. I say that now but when the game actually comes out I'll probably be too tight to buy it...

We are not and have never been a site which pushes petitions. That is the specific agenda of petition sites. You are welcome to call attention here (once or twice) to a petition site, but we are not here to push HB into anything. Some members are grateful to see a rugby ***le coming out and are running with what is possible at this time.

Just so you know, this place is not a democracy, it's a privately run business. It does however, care about the fans of rugby and rugby gaming and seeks to promote discussion of all related issues. Discussion is not a code word for a rallying point for petitions.

The Rugby Forum has allowed many, many different points of views to flourish on these boards, but we do actually have some areas which we are not interested in promoting or condoning. One of those is petitions or any of that style of coercion of our sponsors or affiliates. End of that story.

You do realise there are nearly just as many PS3's (33.5 million) as there are Xbox 360's(39 million)? And generally Sony is bigger in the PAL region which is more of where rugby gets played anyway.

What I dont understand is why they arent making it for the wii (67.45 million), but maybe that will come later and perhaps a pc version too.

Last edited:
Coercion is a strong word, I was simply promoting an above all very polite and lighthearted request to the makers of the game which was also a demonstration of support and appreciation for their work.

Coercion is a strong word, I was simply promoting an above all very polite and lighthearted request to the makers of the game which was also a demonstration of support and appreciation for their work.

First I'd heard that coercion was a strong word. Coercion and/or nagging mean more or less the same thing. So, let's go with nagging then. We have a thread about the PC version and we can have Poll if someone wants to regarding PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3. I'm all for that. I'm not the person who started a 360/PS3 poll, I would've included PC for people to say how much they want it.

My major point is, no petitions please. Also, we are not going to have threads for everything. I'm not going to have people sift through 4-5 pages of threads for one games features. We run the risk of diluting our effectiveness.

Exactly. TRF is more of a benevolent Despotism than a democracy. It works and it shouldn't be changed. Petitions and the like often have the effect of alienating certain groups of users and associates from others (in this case HB) and,in general, don't achieve anything. HB are making a rugby game, try to be happy at that. Certainly say you want a PC game, but there's no point doing it to death.

You do realise there are nearly just as many PS3's (33.5 million) as there are Xbox 360's(39 million)? And generally Sony is bigger in the PAL region which is more of where rugby gets played anyway.

What I dont understand is why they arent making it for the wii (67.45 million), but maybe that will come later and perhaps a pc version too.

Its probably due to the fact the controls for the Wii would be complex. Saying that PS3 are launching the new 'Move' controller similar to the Wii. I can't see HB using that controller to be honest.

With Rugby League 3 out for the Wii, it can be done, but saying that, aren't Wii games completely different to other consoles? I mean, for the 360, PS3 and to an extent the PC, it's just the same game on a different disk, whereas with the Wii, it needs a lot changed/lowered for it to run.
Also, just because alot of people own a wii doesn't mean there's a big market for it. Football is a much bigger sport than Rugby, and with Fifa 10 only 6% of the sales were from Wii/PC/PS2/PSP combined, whereas 48/46% were from 360/PS3, respectively.

With Rugby League 3 out for the Wii, it can be done, but saying that, aren't Wii games completely different to other consoles? I mean, for the 360, PS3 and to an extent the PC, it's just the same game on a different disk, whereas with the Wii, it needs a lot changed/lowered for it to run.
Also, just because alot of people own a wii doesn't mean there's a big market for it. Football is a much bigger sport than Rugby, and with Fifa 10 only 6% of the sales were from Wii/PC/PS2/PSP combined, whereas 48/46% were from 360/PS3, respectively.

Now that really tells a story. I'm not totally surprised as sports gaming is competitive. A lot of Wii gaming is social.

360/ ps3 give you good online options too. the PC has that aspet but i find palying sports games on the PC a bt frusating, haveing diffent key's all over the place and stuff lke that.

Thats pretty interesting and makes alot of sense once I actually think about it. Most people that own a wii only have a few games and they are generally the wii sports, wii fit, wii resort etc never really any "real" sports games. I havent played rugby league 3 on the wii, but the ashes cricket was absolutley appauling on it.

Latest posts