• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who are the crappiest & most overrated players?

J

Jer1cho

Crappiest - Utter rubbish week in and week out. Every time you see them on that field you are at a loss as to how the hell they made it that far anyway without being forced into a career change...

Overrated - Not necessarily crap, just average, and given a godlike status, even though they are just... average at best.

Lets try to keep it civil, as it is all opinion based *cough* apart from mine *cough*...

Worst players:

Earl Rose
Zane Kirchner
Willem Stoltz
Wayne Julies

Most Overrated:

Joe Peterson
Conrad Smith
Brad Thorn
Adrian Jacobs
Schalk Burger
Juan de Jongh
Ryan Cross
Tom Croft
Johnny Wilkinson
Martin Castrogiovanni

I will update it as soon as more pop into my head.

1. In my opinion Brad Thorne is everything but over rated. He's one of the best locks in the world, not so much in the lineout, but certainly in the grunt work. Great work horse.
2. Conrad Smith is one of the best Centres in the world (second only to Brian O'Driscol, better then Jaque Fourie by far, not trying to pick a fight, I just think he is in a different league), never has a bad game and keeps improving. If you think he's bad, watch how few tackles he will miss. He never puts a step wrong. Not fastest or strongest guy on the field, but very clever footballer and allways picks the right option. Pure class.
Disagree with those two by a mile. Sounds bad as they are both All Blacks but I think you've got it dead wrong there.

The worst two players I have seen in a while are the Ndungane brothers, pick one, their both utter crap.

LOL. Why?

My list for overrated (and I'm limiting myself to international players):

Your list minus Conrad Smith +
Ruan Pienaar
NZ backrowers except for McCaw
NZ scrumhalfs
Andrew Sheridan
Heinrich Brussouw
Conrad Jantjes
Ryan Kankowski
Andy Powell
Paul O'Connell
Keith Earls
James O'Connor
Shane Williams
Berrick Barnes
Luke McAllister
The English rugby team
David Pokock
Richard Brown
Wycliff Palu
Australian lock forwards
Phil Waugh
I'd like to say pretty much Australia except for Elsom, Genia, Giteau, Iaone, Moore, Smith, Hynes and Cooper lately
Brian O'Driscoll..
Joe Rokocoko
JP Pietersen
Jacque Fourie
Tony Woodcock
Lote Tuqiri
John Smit
Jean Deysel
Andries Bekker

Fair enough... I just think they are a teeny tiny bit overrated. Smith is ok-ish, but not even in my top 5 centre in the world. Brad Thorn is ugly, so maybe that's why he puts me off, because he is quite a beast sometimes in the loose.

Brussouw is not overrated, and Kankowski is awesome, though i could completely understand how a foreigner could say he is crap considering his uselessness at test rugby.

LOL @ Brian O' Driscoll on your list. Are you being serious?

Conrad SMith is a great player, he's just unlucky to play for the Highlanders in the Super 14, a team with potential but it's just not being used to their full capacity.
With the AB's he's a top performer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 2 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fair enough... I just think they are a teeny tiny bit overrated. Smith is ok-ish, but not even in my top 5 centre in the world. Brad Thorn is ugly, so maybe that's why he puts me off, because he is quite a beast sometimes in the loose.

Brussouw is not overrated, and Kankowski is awesome, though i could completely understand how a foreigner could say he is crap considering his uselessness at test rugby.

LOL @ Brian O' Driscoll on your list. Are you being serious?[/b]
Ok-ish :(...I'd let it go had it been any other players, but he's just so much class. He never screws up. Who are the other top 5? O'Driscol, Fourie, Bastareaud, Mortlock...?). I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I don't think Smith has been done justice in this instance.

Love the Thorn is ugly comment. Bukkies is a bundle of flowers to look at ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Mar 1 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Conrad SMith is a great player, he's just unlucky to play for the Highlanders in the Super 14, a team with potential but it's just not being used to their full capacity.
With the AB's he's a top performer.[/b]

Mmm He plays for the Canes though... ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Mar 2 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Mar 1 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Lol. It's good he plays for the Canes to be honest. If we didn't have him, our backline would just be a flurry of unorganised movements. He offers direction and stability in a backline which has alot of firepower but no control. Conrad Smith will give the last second pass to Gear which puts him in space. He is also the Canes only line of defence, for while Nonu is improving every year in tackling, he is no where near as reliable as Smith.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 1 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok-ish :(...I'd let it go had it been any other players, but he's just so much class. He never screws up. Who are the other top 5? O'Driscol, Fourie, Bastareaud, Mortlock...?). I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I don't think Smith has been done justice in this instance.

Love the Thorn is ugly comment. Bukkies is a bundle of flowers to look at ;)[/b]

Hmmm, O Driscoll, Fourie, Ermmm.... fine Smith. Ok, i have never seen Smith play badly, but at the same time, he never seems to have a blinder. He is reliable i guess, but he just doesn't stand out. But now that i know how you feel about it, i will be sure to watch him a little more closely, and hopefully be proved wrong. :)

Bakkies looks like Lurch from The Addams Family, and if it wasn't for Matfield, he would be pretty overrated too imho.

So nobody else wants to rate the worst of the worst?

It has to be between Earl Rose and Zane Kirchner.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 1 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Mar 2 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Mar 1 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Lol. It's good he plays for the Canes to be honest. If we didn't have him, our backline would just be a flurry of unorganised movements. He offers direction and stability in a backline which has alot of firepower but no control. Conrad Smith will give the last second pass to Gear which puts him in space. He is also the Canes only line of defence, for while Nonu is improving every year in tackling, he is no where near as reliable as Smith.
[/b][/quote]

Woooops switched him with Jimmy Cowan, my bad

Zane Kirchner isn't that bad and he plays for a winning side in the Bulls, so he might still have a future...

Earl Rose on the other hand is F**KING **** + he plays for a crap team = epic worst player ever to play in SA :ninj:

The Lions are not crap. They are a good team. They just need to get rid of Rose in order for people to see it. Think of the Mona Lisa being smeared in poo. It's a **** painting, until you get rid of the ****. hehe.

Kirchner is kak. He is the worst last-line of defense i have ever seen, kicks the ball away all the time, knocks on almost all of the balls he catches... If he was not playing for such a good team, he would be in the same category as Rose.

BBBBBBEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT
After Johnny Wilkinson and Danny Cipriani he's the most overrated player in the game

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Mar 1 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
LOL. Why?

My list for overrated (and I'm limiting myself to international players):

Your list minus Conrad Smith +
Ruan Pienaar
NZ backrowers except for McCaw
NZ scrumhalfs
Andrew Sheridan
Heinrich Brussouw
Conrad Jantjes
Ryan Kankowski
Andy Powell
Paul O'Connell
Keith Earls
James O'Connor
Shane Williams
Berrick Barnes
Luke McAllister
The English rugby team
David Pokock
Richard Brown
Wycliff Palu
Australian lock forwards
Phil Waugh
I'd like to say pretty much Australia except for Elsom, Genia, Giteau, Iaone, Moore, Smith, Hynes and Cooper lately
Brian O'Driscoll..
Joe Rokocoko
JP Pietersen
Jacque Fourie
Tony Woodcock
Lote Tuqiri
John Smit
Jean Deysel
Andries Bekker[/b]

Are there any international players you haven't listed?

Happy to see that nobody listed any Frenchy in there...Maybe that's because not any is rated though...

Latest posts