• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who are the crappiest & most overrated players?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its amazing i find we are all such arguemental ******** online haha myself included when we would most of us get along great in person haha

but darcy over rated ? surely not the man is one of the reasons brian o driscoll is so good he does so much work for half the credit that the lord our bod does outside him.

i think brussow is pure class and should be swiped off this list forevermore

but i think shana williams is a bit past it and the guy on the wing fr leiscter ..lemi is it ? people think hes amazing beacause he is small fair play to him and all but he is not the player the commentators hail him to be[/b]

May I ask if you have seen Lemi play live? I have many a time at Bristol and the reason he is so good is not just his pace but he has strength that defenders don't think he has, so he can not just burn players but hold them off too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 4 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its amazing i find we are all such arguemental ******** online haha myself included when we would most of us get along great in person haha

but darcy over rated ? surely not the man is one of the reasons brian o driscoll is so good he does so much work for half the credit that the lord our bod does outside him.

but i think shana williams is a bit past it and the guy on the wing fr leiscter ..lemi is it ? people think hes amazing beacause he is small fair play to him and all but he is not the player the commentators hail him to be[/b]

May I ask if you have seen Lemi play live? I have many a time at Bristol and the reason he is so good is not just his pace but he has strength that defenders don't think he has, so he can not just burn players but hold them off too.
[/b][/quote]

yeah but a big guy could do it just as well but is not rated as highly for it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 4 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 4 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

yeah but a big uy could do it just as well ut is not rated as highly for it
[/b][/quote]

Compare him to our Shane, both are quick and can step. However Shane can't fight off defenders nearly as well as Lemi. That is why he is such a good player, he offers more to attack and defense.

im not saying hes not a good player im saying his size leads to people rating what he does to be greater than if a guy of more powerful build were to the same thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 4 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im not saying hes not a good player im saying his size leads to people rating what he does to be greater than if a guy of more powerful build were to the same thing[/b]
Yeah, but it is?

If a midget could jump and touch the ceiling, you'd more impressed than if a 7ft tall guy could, no?

its more impressive but in all practicallity they have just done the exact same thing and a try scored by a midget is the exact same as a try scored by a 7 foot tall it still has the same consciquences for their team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 4 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its more impressive but in all practicallity they have just done the exact same thing and a try scored by a midget is the exact same as a try scored by a 7 foot tall it still has the same consciquences for their team[/b]
What, how does that negate the fact that it is more impressive for the player with the handicap of size/strength etc to achieve such a feat, as opposed to one with a height/weight advantage?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 4 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its more impressive but in all practicallity they have just done the exact same thing and a try scored by a midget is the exact same as a try scored by a 7 foot tall it still has the same consciquences for their team[/b]

are you serious or just plain dumb??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Mar 5 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 4 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you serious or just plain dumb??
[/b][/quote]
Would you like to revise that? If he was being serious (and his statment was as stupid as I get the impression you think it is) shouldn't you have said something like "Are you joking or just plain dumb?". The two options you have left him with will essentially lead to the same conclusion which is the latter, as a stupid statment that is intended to be taken seriously is more stupid then a dumb statment that is meant to be taken as a joke. I see the point he is making. Lemi is very impressive however a guy who scores 3 tries every match and is much bigger will be of the same value as a person who scores 3 tries per match and is very small. Whether it is more impressive for a very small person to score the same number of tries may be a different story.

Most overated player atm has to be Matt Giteua

Won Australian player of the year in 2009 when he was absolute rubbish and dragged down the Wallabies when he was playing at flyhalf. ATM Quade Cooper is dominating him on form.

Other overated Aussies are Berrick Barnes and Ryan Cross

I have always rated Gitteau.

Mortlock is incredibly overrated in my opinion though, and always has been.

Then, dare i say it, I thought that Tana Umaga was also... average.

*Waits for Nickdnz to ring doorbell with clenching fists...*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 6 2010, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have always rated Gitteau.

Mortlock is incredibly overrated in my opinion though, and always has been.

Then, dare i say it, I thought that Tana Umaga was also... average.

*Waits for Nickdnz to ring doorbell with clenching fists...*[/b]
:mellow:

You're just out to hurt me now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 5 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You're just out to hurt me now.[/b]

HAHA. Yeah. I couldn't resist.

Still, for me, the winner of most overrated ever has to go to either Schalk Burger, or Gavin Henson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 5 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Most overated player atm has to be Matt Giteua

Won Australian player of the year in 2009 when he was absolute rubbish and dragged down the Wallabies when he was playing at flyhalf. ATM Quade Cooper is dominating him on form.

Other overated Aussies are Berrick Barnes and Ryan Cross[/b]

Dude I repeat, nobody has ever rated Ryan Cross. He is ****.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Mar 2 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Surely nobody rates Tindall!???!?!?[/b]

lol i put his name coz the guy was making the england squad so many times and i just couldn't see why, i mean surely england have better second fives

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 2 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Couple of points...

The whole 'overrated' definition means that Ronan O'Gara can't be here. He needs to be rated before he's overrated.

Agree about Sexton. He's good but he's not the uber shizzle.

If you put Ronan O'Gara in last years Bulls team they still would have won the Super 14. Morne Steyn had a good year but he's not what everyone was claiming he was at the end of last year. Same boat as Sexton as far as I'm concerned.

And a glare for all the Tommy Bowe bashers. Call anyone you like overrated but not Tommy Bowe or Stephem Ferris[/b]

i read some journalist, i think it was stephen jones a few years ago saying that O'Gara is twice the player that Dan Carter is

btw i agree with Jer1cho Morne Steyn is great, he pretty much won the tri nations and the S14 for his teams, he's like the new Johnny Wilkinson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muzzy @ Mar 6 2010, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i read some journalist, i think it was stephen jones a few years ago saying that O'Gara is twice the player that Dan Carter is[/b]
That was probably Ronan O'Gara in a letter he wrote to Stephen Jones.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muzzy @ Mar 6 2010, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
btw i agree with Jer1cho Morne Steyn is great, he pretty much won the tri nations and the S14 for his teams, he's like the new Johnny Wilkinson[/b]

He's an over-rated, loony shitehawk with no rugby sense but an uncanny ability to take all the credit for other players hard work?

Latest posts