• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Are The Dirtiest Players In Rugby?

<div class='quotemain'> Wasn't it Mauro Bergamasco who got suspended for eye gouging? If so that he takes this one.

Guys like Bakkies Botha and Brad Thorn get a bad rep because of the bruising style they play. I'm not saying they don't have dirty moments but wouldn't call either of them "the dirtiest player". [/b]

Never saw him do one behind the head I definately saw few shoulder charges to the faces of a few players.
[/b][/quote]
mortlock got knocked out a couple of games back when botha shoulder him to the back of the head when he was on the floor

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I'm actually amazed Bakkies Botha hasn't been mentioned more often.
He'd get my vote in any case [/b]

Why? Because the Weepee boys can't take the ruff stuff?
[/b][/quote]
shoulder charge to the back of the head is a bit more than a bit of 'rough stuff'!
[/b][/quote]
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Wasn't it Mauro Bergamasco who got suspended for eye gouging? If so that he takes this one.

Guys like Bakkies Botha and Brad Thorn get a bad rep because of the bruising style they play. I'm not saying they don't have dirty moments but wouldn't call either of them "the dirtiest player". [/b]

Never saw him do one behind the head I definately saw few shoulder charges to the faces of a few players.
[/b][/quote]
mortlock got knocked out a couple of games back when botha shoulder him to the back of the head when he was on the floor
[/b][/quote]

Oh yeah thats right my bad <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 28 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlos @ Aug 21 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely i dislike Sebastien Chabal.Too much dangerous.[/b]
woah woah woah, rewind WHAT did you say?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah...ZOMFGWTF!!!!!1

What makes Chabal 'too dangerous'? Besides the fact that he is the REAL god, he pretty much never gets sent from the field for wreckless/malicious play in terms of flying kicks to the head, knee/elbow drops, coat-hangers, rucking of the face, rucking of the genitals, eye gouging and other assorted 'too dangerous' acts on the field.

I think that Bakkies Botha is the dirtiest current player, a sort of modern Mark Andrews.
Julian White is not far behind. And of course all french players :dirol:
IMO Burger and Chabal are just rough, and Taione idiot.

Punching O'Gara's face is just a game, that doesn't count.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squalito @ Aug 29 2008, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that Bakkies Botha is the dirtiest current player, a sort of modern Mark Andrews.
Julian White is not far behind. And of course all french players :dirol:
IMO Burger and Chabal are just rough, and Taione idiot.

Punching O'Gara's face is just a game, that doesn't count.
[/b]

Are you talking about Duncan McRae? I always remember him as being a nasty little prick.

IMO. Jim Mills, the Widnes, Wales and Great Britain prop was the dirtiest player to ever "grace" a rugby field, in either code

This disgraceful act cost John Greengrass a couple of dozen stitches in his head. Mills got a life ban from playing in New Zealand.

What a prick, Duncan McRae (although there are some interesting twists to that story :D ) and John Greengrass alike!
Having said that though, if Schalk Burger grabs my nuts, I won't be very happy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Aug 29 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a prick, Duncan McRae (although there are some interesting twists to that story :D ) and John Greengrass alike!
Having said that though, if Schalk Burger grabs my nuts, I won't be very happy.[/b]

Err. John Greengrass was the victim. Jim Mills was the prick that opened Greengrass' head up.

Greengrass was a real nice guy. Came from the West Coast of the South Island.

I once saw him, in a club game at Runanga, on a runaway break that should have ended in a try. He dived for the line, stood up and started jogging back to halfway. Everyone on the side line started laughing. The line John had dived for was the quarter-line (25 yards)

Haha woah, my bad. ******* Jim Mills :p
What a legend, I would have 'tripped' over the sideline at the thought of having to run that far as a prop!

When we say "Dirtiest player" do we mean:

_42545601_colin_douglas.jpg

Or do we mean:

22276843.jpg

The last few Springbok games i've watched made me wonder what exactly the coach is telling them. Late hits, high shots, dirty play off the ball, i was appalled especially when they got away with it and kept doing it.

The dirtiest player is Byron Kelleher because he use to go out with a prostitute when he was in New Zealand but the good thing was he was proud of it and didn't worry about keeping it a secret. Dirty ******* lol.

Richard Loe (ear biter, foearming David Carozza), Bakkies Botha (reverse head Butter), Schalk Burger (snake strike eye-gouger), Johan Le Roux (ear biter), Frederico Mendez (knocked out English lock Paul Ackford), Troy Flavell (eye-gouging and one other cant remember), Jamie Joseph (saw English halfback Kyran Brackens leg and stomped on it), Serge Blanco (knocked out English wing Nigel Heslop), Wayne 'Buck' Shelford (knocking out Welsh lock Huw Richards, Richards woke up to receive a red card, thats just dirty), Kevin Yates (ear biter).

All very good players though, I like them all.:)

Latest posts