• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who are your "Best Bargain" Players in World League?

I had a player K. Pryce in my squad Cheap and super fast Plays at CT and WG Also G.tiessi is A Good Asset as well

In 2006 I found Jantjes, T.Davies and B.Russell to not be too bad for their money. CauCaunibuca was awesome too. Davies was only rated 73 but played solid throughout the season(s).

One of my favourite players to have in the backs is Ben Atiga, he's got ridiculous pace and great skills, for me he's the best thirteen in the game after BOD...

I try not to focus on buying outrageously good players in the world league though as it is just too easy. I find you get a bit more value if you make some rules for yourself. For example if you play with a South African team, you have free license to but South African players, but you must always have a certain percentage of original players in your team from when you first took over. Similarly you can buy any player you know is currently in that team for real. Of course I allow myself a couple exceptions per season, some players you just cant pass up, but I try to buy interesting players rather than great ones, like buying one of those really fast locks like Cox or one of the South Africans who tend to have great skills but arent nearly as effective at the standard grunt work that you would normally prize in a forward, like rucking stats. Anyway, thats my philosophy on the game, it just makes it a bit more interesting, but obviously you have to enforce the rules yourself so there's always the temptation to just go nuts and buy Dan Carter. I dont know about anyone else out there but being able to boot the ball the length of the pitch every time isnt really challenging...

Jerry Collins. Breaks a tackle every time he runs the ball and goes relatively cheap as well.

My back row of Richie McCaw, Schalk Burger and George Smith seems to win a ridiculous amount of turnovers. They were all worth it.

Julian White is good value as well.

the players i find best for their money are t.davis a.brown(qld i think) and players like that they have low ratings but their speed and agilty are very good. in the forwards id have to say jerry collins is worth the money and players like anthony boric (blues 2ndrow)

Have to think here for a moment.

T.Woodcock is a cheap prop
Any cheap hookers about? ;)
Chris Jack always worth it with Scott Murray or Victor Matfield.
Back wise though, I always just stick with Brendon Leonard, I find him not the best but good enough for the type of rugby I play (sniping then offloading, chip kick off the ruck to the centre)
Julian Huxley is a god at something like 220k? An amazingly solid flyhalf.
Nonu obviously, best 12 in this game.
Tuitavake is pretty good and cheap at 13
Rua Tipoki is 148k? Has 90 speed or something like that, really good for the bench for centre / wing
I usually use a second fullback in the 14 position and a running wing in 11, try to make it realistic, can't think of names right now.

Ryan Kankowski is obviously worth an enormous amount to your team, something like 200k and has 92 speed, number 8 and a flyhalf (quickest flyhalf in the game) which is good if you go to the middle of the lineout, run out to the middle with a fastish halfback (Brendon Leonard) and pass to him, runs straight through the gap and is strong / agile enough to, step, fend or bulldoze the fullback for easy tries.

I try to go for 0 star players, usually win Elite World League games by about 150+ - 0. Lowest score in the last two months was 78-0.

Rugby 08

Os du Randt is really cheap for the best prop in the world (though not the best in game)

I think 'O.Ongaro' from Italy is the games top hooker and is fairly cheap.

Brent Russell is definately worth buying.
Has anyone got the problem of trying to be Jaco ver der Westhuyzen?
EVERY time he is 'available' he is either injured or just not selectable?

Have to think here for a moment.

T.Woodcock is a cheap prop
Any cheap hookers about? ;)
Chris Jack always worth it with Scott Murray or Victor Matfield.
Back wise though, I always just stick with Brendon Leonard, I find him not the best but good enough for the type of rugby I play (sniping then offloading, chip kick off the ruck to the centre)
Julian Huxley is a god at something like 220k? An amazingly solid flyhalf.
Nonu obviously, best 12 in this game.
Tuitavake is pretty good and cheap at 13
Rua Tipoki is 148k? Has 90 speed or something like that, really good for the bench for centre / wing
I usually use a second fullback in the 14 position and a running wing in 11, try to make it realistic, can't think of names right now.

Ryan Kankowski is obviously worth an enormous amount to your team, something like 200k and has 92 speed, number 8 and a flyhalf (quickest flyhalf in the game) which is good if you go to the middle of the lineout, run out to the middle with a fastish halfback (Brendon Leonard) and pass to him, runs straight through the gap and is strong / agile enough to, step, fend or bulldoze the fullback for easy tries.

I try to go for 0 star players, usually win Elite World League games by about 150+ - 0. Lowest score in the last two months was 78-0.

Ryan Kankowski is 84 speed with 92 Agility

Most likely most agile flyhalf. Probably also quickest 10.
I dont use him at 10 cause his power is a glitch. (50)

Latest posts