Who do you think is the fastest Winger of all time

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by xavier, Jun 14, 2008.

1. xavier

xavier Guest

My pick is Fiji player Caucau that used to play for Auckland Blues.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

Wales in the 90s gave a few caps to an olympic 110m hurdler... he must have been pretty spritely, can't remember his name tho...

Otherwise, Tonderai Chavhanga, officially.

EDIT

Here's The Welsh guy, Nigel Walker scoring a 100m try

4. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Sean Fitzpatrick.

5. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

What about that dude Dwayne Chambers he runs sub 10's in 100m so I guess he's probably the fastest ever isn't he? I know he plays league but thread says 'Who do you think is the fastest Winger of all time' so yeah I don't know much bout him but googled and youtubed him and he's crazy fast.

6. skittles

skittles Guest

I didn't think Chambers was actually given a spot on a team. That was the last I heard, anyway.

Looking at Chavhanga, you can tell he's one of the fastest, but 10.27 seconds over 100m or whatever he was timed at absolutely blew my mind.

7. langostino

langostino Guest

ofcourse habana he is like a cheetah...

8. nelson

nelson Guest

either chavhanga or habana ... those guys are extremely quick ... but also hynes

9. dullonien

dullonien Guest

Gingergenius has answered the question. Nigel Walker is the quickest to have played, Yes quicker than Chavhanga and Habana!

10. danny

danny Guest

Quickest Ive seen is Martin Offiah at Wigan in League. What about Ngwenya who burned Habana in the world cup, got to be one of the quickest?

11. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Offiah was quick but check this vid out he gets run down by Kevin Iro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g46qLzU9pVQ

Ngwenya admitted himself that he wrong footed Habana and that's how he managed to get pass him. But he'd still have to be quick to get around Habana wrong footed or not.

12. dundeesmiffy

dundeesmiffy Guest

Matt Dunning lulz.

13. LondonWelsh

LondonWelsh Guest

Ngwenya can h'allegedly do the 100m in 10.25s.

14. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

I know he is not the fastest rugby player of all time but there was something about watching Christian Cullen run in his prime. Nobody could catch him, but he always looked like there was another gear he could go into, like he was never running at top speed but was still the fastest man on the pitch. Fastest ever is probably Chavanga/Ngwenya.

15. Joost

Joost Guest

Eric Liddell. Does any other international player have an Olympic Gold sprint medal won with a world record time?

16. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Fastest of all time? Impossible to say really. But in today's game, it's Tonderai Chavhanga. No doubt about it.

17. Gavin

Gavin Guest

Jonah Lomu or Jeff Wilson.

18. Chavhanga - no doubt...

19. 5thdawg

5thdawg Guest

chavanga, caucau, habana

These guys are lightning

20. gavinteo

gavinteo Guest

chavhanga of course.

21. Lankan

Lankan Guest

christiano ronaldo FTW

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!