Votes: 190 95.0%
  • RWC 2011

Votes: 10 5.0%

• Total voters

spies8

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
hi, just a quick poll for you guys to vote on which game has the best trailer :)

It's hardly a fair contest. Sidhe's one looked like it was done by a very good professional video editor. It was paced well and like a song it had a great build up to the crescendo.

ye i totally agree...sidhes did seem to look more professional.

Cinematicly, it'd be Sidhes, but it didnt really show any proper gameplay, while HB's showed a little more gameplay, even if not everyones happy with it.
Think of it like Dead Islands trailer, superbly done, possibly one of the best game trailers ever, but shows bugger all about whether the game is gonna be any good or not.

Cinematicly, it'd be Sidhes, but it didnt really show any proper gameplay, while HB's showed a little more gameplay, even if not everyones happy with it.
Think of it like Dead Islands trailer, superbly done, possibly one of the best game trailers ever, but shows bugger all about whether the game is gonna be any good or not.

While I understand the analogy I think it's probably a bad one since Dead Islander's trailer is all CGI. Everything we saw in RC was rendered in game there were no tricks.

ye i agree that sidhes traile was better but the were 2 completely different types of trailers so you carn't really judge them.

Rc was better, tells you f all about the games themselves but it was.

Less gameplay so played it safe,but more cinematic and showed bits and pieces like a sbw backflicked pass to whet people's appetite.

Hb missed a trick by not showcasing their new stuff

While I understand the analogy I think it's probably a bad one since Dead Islander's trailer is all CGI. Everything we saw in RC was rendered in game there were no tricks.

Every single bit of it? Including the Sonny Bill reverse flick pass? If it 100% rendered from the game, then they've managed to actually sort the shitty passing from the rugby league games. Rugby League 3 was godawful in that aspect, especially with offloads (though still an enjoyable game)
Could just be that Sidhe have a better PR department and were able to produce a more profesional trailer.
Doesnt make a huge amount of different to me as Im likely to get both, just one may have to wait till my student loan comes through at the end of september.

Rendered in game doesn't necessarily mean gameplay
They could use the game engine to produce SBW doing cartwheels around the pitch, doesn't mean it'll happen in game ;)

Though I've not seen where this was said so I don't know how it was worded

Answering the question who has the best trailer.

Hands down rugby challenge trailer kills RWC 11.

Dont ever compare this to fifa! "The Rugby Equivalent of FIFA" - GameSpot UK

RWC11, gosh this trailer looked amazing, completely different from 08, or to a lesser extent, 06 -_-

Rendered in game doesn't necessarily mean gameplay
They could use the game engine to produce SBW doing cartwheels around the pitch, doesn't mean it'll happen in game ;)

Though I've not seen where this was said so I don't know how it was worded

Good point, was exactly what I was wondering. Any chance of a link to back up what you said StevoIRL

Last edited:
It's hardly a fair contest. Sidhe's one looked like it was done by a very good professional video editor. It was paced well and like a song it had a great build up to the crescendo.

The video was made here in the studio by people who work on our games.

hi, just a quick poll for you guys to vote on which game has the best trailer :)
What a dumb thread to have we all know RWC2011 will get murdered!!!

Who voted for RWC the TRF mods?

It had quite a lot of gameplay sequences in it. Over 40 clips, actually, given my quick look.

A lot of realtime cutscenes too, of course.

Mean Sidhe Mean

Haha its hilarious how anyone can defend HB. They've let us down and i hope that Sidhe gets full licences for the next game.

Latest posts