• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who in the hell is Zhang Zhiqiang?!?!

P

Prestwick

I always surf the Hong Kong Sevens webpage because I'm a dreamer with no hope of going in the near future. However, when casting my eyes over the stats, I thought I'd see a plethoria of English, New Zealand, Fijian and South African names competing for the top spot of the best performer and top try scorer tables.

Imagine my surprise when I saw China's "Zhang Zhiqiang" at the top of both by a good margin in at least one. Who the hell is this guy?

It seems that Zhiqiang is a graduate of the highly competitive Peoples Liberation Army Sports Institute who send a team to the Hong Kong sevens. He also did a stint at Leicester Tigers. One of his fellow Institute rugby players is the incredibly fast Li Yang who has reportedly done the 100 meters in 10.6 seconds.

them chinese ay... there had to be one good rugby player out of what.. billions upon billions of people? Could you give us a link?

It's only from Wikipedia, pretty much all there is to say about Chinese rugby apart from the fact that he's also known as Johnny Zhang.

Well it was only a matter of time before the Chinese would do better in rugby after the Govt introduced it as a sport for their army.

Latest posts