• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who is looking forward to Pakistan Press Conferences?

W

woosaah

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3990193a1823.html

Pakistan ban English at news conferences

bugger that, i dont think i could handle it. Looks like there will be little coverage to the Pakistan team outside of Pakistan unless there are some "decent" interpreters about.

i still think they will get misquoted or whatever.

bit of an overreaction I think. they say it is to promote pakistan but surely speakin in english which a lot of the world speaks would be the better thing to do. I have no doubt they will still be misquoted the press don't change overnight last time I checked. this is the pakistan way in cricket though they always force everyone down to them and the icc lacks the balls to step up to them.

Ah no man, why not just use a good interpreter- this is really not helping Pakistan with their image of the laager mentality at all. They need to realise, pretty quickly, that the CWC is a global event- there are millions and millions of fans out there, all who want a decent take on the players` thoughts etc. Have they forgotten of their duty to the international fan base, or are they just the first victims of good old Caribbean Green?

I believe the stoning (or, if you like, lapidation) etiquette states that if a group of people responsible for a certain thing are all condemned to stoning, then the highest ranking condemnee (is that a word???) is to be stoned first. Therefore it would be the coach who is stoned first!

Hey, the way they played against Ireland, I would've thought they were stoned before the match.

Hey, the way they played against Ireland, I would've thought they were stoned before the match. [/b]

Yeah, thats true, they didnt exactly play with their heads :lol: hahaha i crack myself up :bana:

Latest posts