• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who is looking forward to Pakistan Press Conferences?

W

woosaah

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3990193a1823.html

Pakistan ban English at news conferences

bugger that, i dont think i could handle it. Looks like there will be little coverage to the Pakistan team outside of Pakistan unless there are some "decent" interpreters about.

i still think they will get misquoted or whatever.

E

esoj

bit of an overreaction I think. they say it is to promote pakistan but surely speakin in english which a lot of the world speaks would be the better thing to do. I have no doubt they will still be misquoted the press don't change overnight last time I checked. this is the pakistan way in cricket though they always force everyone down to them and the icc lacks the balls to step up to them.

B

BokMagic

Ah no man, why not just use a good interpreter- this is really not helping Pakistan with their image of the laager mentality at all. They need to realise, pretty quickly, that the CWC is a global event- there are millions and millions of fans out there, all who want a decent take on the players` thoughts etc. Have they forgotten of their duty to the international fan base, or are they just the first victims of good old Caribbean Green?

M

melon

I believe the stoning (or, if you like, lapidation) etiquette states that if a group of people responsible for a certain thing are all condemned to stoning, then the highest ranking condemnee (is that a word???) is to be stoned first. Therefore it would be the coach who is stoned first!

C

C A Iversen

Hey, the way they played against Ireland, I would've thought they were stoned before the match.

M

melon

Hey, the way they played against Ireland, I would've thought they were stoned before the match. [/b]

Yeah, thats true, they didnt exactly play with their heads :lol: hahaha i crack myself up :bana:

Latest posts