• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who is the Best Player in the World?

Good question and hard to split, but current international imo would be;

Best back - Aaron Smith. He's literally redesigned the job spec for a halfback for us. Gone are the days of the Justin Marhsall stand up, check the weather, look at the score board then throw a pass type half back. Behind the captain I'd say he'd be the first name of the team sheet for the best team in the world. A lot of of counter attack and just general attacking play stems from his quick service.

Best Forward - Dane Coles - Has absolutely nailed all the core functions of the hooker yet has that speed and ball skills of a back. Scored many good tries in the last 12 months and had the ABs w/ the best line out at the last world cup.

Best Youngster coming through - Mario Itoje. Didn't really believe the hype but after watching the Eng v Aus series the kid is the real deal. Seems super competitive, aggressive and didnt seem to take a backwards step. Will be interesting to see how goes aganist the bok or ABs pack tho.

...just heard aaron smith has been suspended for a week for missing training to play pokemon go....

Good question and hard to split, but current international imo would be;

Best back - Aaron Smith. He's literally redesigned the job spec for a halfback for us. Gone are the days of the Justin Marhsall stand up, check the weather, look at the score board then throw a pass type half back. Behind the captain I'd say he'd be the first name of the team sheet for the best team in the world. A lot of of counter attack and just general attacking play stems from his quick service.

Best Forward - Dane Coles - Has absolutely nailed all the core functions of the hooker yet has that speed and ball skills of a back. Scored many good tries in the last 12 months and had the ABs w/ the best line out at the last world cup.

Best Youngster coming through - Mario Itoje. Didn't really believe the hype but after watching the Eng v Aus series the kid is the real deal. Seems super competitive, aggressive and didnt seem to take a backwards step. Will be interesting to see how goes aganist the bok or ABs pack tho.

Best forward, Dane Coles?! You're joking right? He makes a great winger, not great st being a forward though.

...just heard aaron smith has been suspended for a week for missing training to play pokemon go....

Yeah... Thought he was more uh, professional?

In regards to the World XV... It's hard to look past: Retallick, Read, A. Smith, whoever features on the wing, and Ben Smith. It's pretty hard to put another winger in there from another country.. I guess North would be the closest?

Would anyone be willing to have a go at a World XV of players 23 and under? :)

Oh please it is so easy to download it anywhere in the world ATM.

Confirmed. Got it on IPhone, been using it while I have been around London this week. It's really not difficult to get.

If you were to rate every player in there position out of 20, i think Aaron Smith gets rated the highest.

Best forward, Dane Coles?! You're joking right? He makes a great winger, not great st being a forward though.

Joking? Why?

Solid at scrum time. Throws straight in the line outs. Hits rucks, moves bodies, effects turnovers, is aggressive in contact both defense & attack.. add to that; pace, handling, a step, an offload, a fend, basically a winger that plays in the front-row.... Easily the best hooker in the world for the last 2 seasons and a very easy shout for best forward.

If you were to rate every player in there position out of 20, i think Aaron Smith gets rated the highest.

Aaron Smith is disqualified because he freely admits Ben Smith is the best player he's ever played with..... Word for word quote look it up mate.

Latest posts