Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake White

• Robbie Deans

• Graham Henry

• Total voters
<div class='quotemain'> Well it is when you consider that he's won Wasps a HEC into his second season and he's coached the Lions to two Test series victories, the latter incredibly difficult to pull off. [/b]

He also blew a series against arguably the weakest All Black team ever, losing to a bunch of NPC sides (Including the Hawkes Bay) along the way.
[/b][/quote]

You can't blame McGeechan for the shambolic refereeing in the first test. That series aside dismissing McGeechan out of hand is rather churlish

Rassie Erasmus should get a shout too... :ph34r:
[/b]

Definetely, his big buzz lightear head shows how much rugby knowledge he has in there. He's given all the players the belief that they can be successful instead of resigning themselves to midtable mediocrity like last year.

<div class='quotemain'>
Rassie Erasmus should get a shout too... :ph34r:
[/b]

Definetely, his big buzz lightear head shows how much rugby knowledge he has in there. He's given all the players the belief that they can be successful instead of resigning themselves to midtable mediocrity like last year.
[/b][/quote]
I'm refering more to his time with the Free State, he coached them to their 1st Currie Cup ***le in 27-odd years back in 2006-ish (my memory is still in long weekend mode).
But what he's done with the Stormers in 6 months deserves a mention to, although he still hasn't proved anything in the Cape yet ;)

He's done more than most 35 year old coaches

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Well it is when you consider that he's won Wasps a HEC into his second season and he's coached the Lions to two Test series victories, the latter incredibly difficult to pull off. [/b]

He also blew a series against arguably the weakest All Black team ever, losing to a bunch of NPC sides (Including the Hawkes Bay) along the way.
[/b][/quote]

You can't blame McGeechan for the shambolic refereeing in the first test. That series aside dismissing McGeechan out of hand is rather churlish [/b][/quote]

Ah, but don't forget Gerech wasn't born in the SH, so therefore is nothing more then an over-rated phoney what knows nothing about rugby.

Apparently.

Obviously, we should just ignore Geechs and just focus on Graham Henry's Lions record:

enryvb3.jpg

Isn't there a book called "101 reasons why it wasn't Graham Henry's fault the Lions lost in 2001"?

I think Graham Henry deserves more than this. I know him personally and he is a really good guy. But obviously 42 wins out of 48 isnt good enough for you.

Geech didn't do too much with Northampton whilst there and his last spell with Scotland wasn't that impressive either, or am i forgetting something? He has had some great victories though.

For me Gatland has had great success with every coaching role he's taken on. I don't think Henry or Geech could claim that.

Geech didn't do too much with Northampton whilst there and his last spell with Scotland wasn't that impressive either, or am i forgetting something? He has had some great victories though.
[/b]

Recovered from the setback of relegation by going unbeaten and getting promoted again, and narrowly lost out to Leicester in the ***le race in his final season here. Considering we didn't have the setup we do now, he didn't do badly at Saints at all really.

Not to mention building the team that won the HEC (sod what people say about John Steele, it was Geechs team)

Jake White holds the world cup so it's pretty difficult to argue against him. The turnaround Gatland brought about for Wales is pretty impressive. Lets see if he can bring them even further.

Robbie deans i think is pretti gud. Hell be heaps gud for the wallabies hopefully we win this year

I think Graham Henry deserves more than this. I know him personally and he is a really good guy. But obviously 42 wins out of 48 isnt good enough for you. [/b]
That's a fair point. Statistically speaking, the All Blacks success rate in the period leading to their RWC exodus had them so dominant that they were actually one of the most successful teams of all time in terms of pure match by match domination. It's just that they f***ed the RWC, and if you do that, then if it doesn't matter how incredible your record is unfortunately... Ultimately Henry had his eyes too much on the final prize and not enough on what was directly in front of him. The ABs should have beaten France on that day, but a few unlucky calls and some bad decisions by both team management and players on the pitch meant it wasn't to be.

yeah graham henry was going to get my nod in this vote for that 04-06 period but i chose deans, only coz i think he now has an international team to test himself with as he has conquered provincial rugby, only in the SH obviously but his record is still one to be envied i believe by all coaches around the world. and now he has a vessel in which to showcase his talents on the international front.

I think Warren Gatland is the best coach. He made a good job by been awarding a grand slam in his first year of welsh coach. But I think Nick Mallett, the new Italian coach make a good job to, as we can see, they have now a pleasant game and they become stronger. They have beaten Argentina, a month ago, it's not an easy job.

Depending on what the wallabies do in the coming months/years I think Mr.Deans would be a top contender. He really is a brilliant rugby mind.

Latest posts