• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Should Replace Stuart Lancaster?

TobyTeague2015

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Exeter
Before we get into this discussion, I just want to make it completely clear that I in no way dislike Lancaster or am trying to bash him in any way by starting this thread. I'm also aware that it hasn't been confirmed yet, that he's leaving the England Coach role. But if he did, who would you choose to take his place? My personal choice would be Rob Baxter. This is because only 6 years ago the Exeter Chiefs weren’t even in the Premiership. Since Baxter took over in 2009 they have become serious competitors for a place in the Top 4, finishing 5th last season. It’s not just the team that has thrived under his reign, but the players too. They had 6 players in World Cup squads (Parling, Slade and Nowell for England, Francis for Wales, Taione for Tonga and Botha for Namibia), and have a number on others in contention for England spots.
At the moment England are at their lowest point in history. They’ve just come out of a home World Cup, without getting out of the pools. What they need now is a coach who can take them from an under-achieving team and turn them into a team that can truly compete with the best. Baxter was able to do this with the Chiefs and could do it with England too.

What do you guys think?

Latest posts