• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be on the Right Wing for the AB's this year?

Who will be on the right wing for the AB's this year

• Lelia Masaga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Tuitavake

• Isaia Toeava

• Mils Muliana

• Rudi Wulf

• Fetu'u Vainikolo

• Ma'a Nonu

• David Smith

• Scott Hamilton

• Cory Jane

• Viliame Waqasaduadua

• Sosene Anesi

• AN other

• Total voters
D

darwin_23

Joe Rococoko is having surgery on the wrist he injured several weeks ago and is expected to be out for 3-4 months, meaning he will miss the majority of the Tri-Nations this year. With both Rico Gear and Doug Howlett now overseas it leaves Sivivatu as the only current All Black winger remaining.

So who will join him on the wing?
The way I see it there are two options - either they can move someone with current All Blacks experience out of position to fill the gap e.g Toeava or Muliana, or they could introduce a new (or not so new) player into the squad.

So who do people think they will chose - will they go for the more conservative player with high work rate ala Doug Howlett (Wulf, Hamilton, Jane, Muliana etc) or will they go for all out attack in the form of Masaga, Vainakolo, or even David Smith (if he actually manages to get on the field for the Blues).

I voted for Masaga. He has extreme pace, and a incredible ability to beat a man, things that can't be taught. Yes he has flaws, but these can be fixed.

ATM I reckon it's a race between Tuitavakie and Masaga.

David Smith hasn't seen the field yet for whatever reason, Toeava has a centre spot nailed down (which one remains to be seen). Rudi Wulf is overrated, Scott Hamilton blows and Nonu is an implosion waiting to happen against the decent wings in the Tri Nations (Might get away with it against the Irish and English.) All the other's don't really have a shot.

Yeah Hamilton is just part of a great team, and he seems to finish off tries after others create the opportunities, hes there at the right time kind a guy.

Masaga has been awesome, but one doubt in my mind is his size. He's relatively small compared to other wingers, maybe the coaches might see this as a defensive weakness? i don't know.

Vainikolo has been pretty awesome, but i'd give him another year just to see if this first year was a fluke.

i sure hope it's not hamilton. sorry to all the cantabs but he just doesn't seem to do anything, in my opinion. from what i've seen in the super14 this year, vainokolo or masaga, but leaning more towards masaga.

OK, who voted for Hamilton? Honestly? Come on, explain yourselves?

Lelia Masaga for me. David Smith would be my second choice.

Scott Hamilton? Seriously? :blink:

Yeah Hamilton is just part of a great team, and he seems to finish off tries after others create the opportunities, hes there at the right time kind a guy.

Masaga has been awesome, but one doubt in my mind is his size. He's relatively small compared to other wingers, maybe the coaches might see this as a defensive weakness? i don't know.

Vainikolo has been pretty awesome, but i'd give him another year just to see if this first year was a fluke. [/b]

Jason Robinson, Shane Williams comes to mind....

There was this thread last year bout Tuitavake would be able to finally get a black jersey. Think its this year? I voted for him.

Whoever they will be... I reckon they are gonna have a really really tough time trying to keep up with Bryan Habana and Tonderai Chavhanga. Arguably the best wing combination in the world.... But, i think Masaga is pretty awesome... Gets my vote.

Vainikolo has been pretty awesome, but i'd give him another year just to see if this first year was a fluke. [/b]

Not sure he's really that small at all:

Tuitavake 1.82 89kg
Masaga 1.80 94kg
Wulf 1.82 91kg
Vainikolo 1.82 90kg
Smith 1.80 90kg
Muliana 1.83 93kg
Waqasaduadua 1.79 88kg
Anesi 1.87 95kg
Jane 1.83 85kg
Hamilton 1.90 97kg
Nonu 1.82 102kg

While he's not as big as Rococoko (1.89 98kg) or Sivivatu (1.85 100kg) he's a similar size to all of the other wing contenders with the exception of Nonu and Hamilton...

yeah i agree about hamilton. he's a great finisher but he doesn't have that x-factor where he can create something out of nothing.

i chose masage, reluctantly. with howlett & gear gone, our wing stocks aren't so desirable anymore. remember those days? when we had 4 world class wingers who were arguably the top 4 out of 5 wingers in the world?

remember those days? when we had 4 world class wingers who were arguably the top 4 out of 5 wingers in the world?[/b]

I think that crown comes to a new country now. :bana:

<div class='quotemain'>remember those days? when we had 4 world class wingers who were arguably the top 4 out of 5 wingers in the world?[/b]

I think that crown comes to a new country now. :bana: [/b][/quote]

Really? Who? You can't seriously mean SA? I mean, sure you've got Habana, but who else have you got that would come close to making a World XV? Has Chavangha (sorry about the spelling) had any Bok caps? He's speedy, but he hasn't been that great in the tackling department.

Really? Who? You can't seriously mean SA? I mean, sure you've got Habana, but who else have you got that would come close to making a World XV? Has Chavangha (sorry about the spelling) had any Bok caps? He's speedy, but he hasn't been that great in the tackling department.[/b]

Have you seen him miss a tackle? I thought not. And he has one Springbok cap, scored 6 tries and broke the record. :) He was injured for 2 years, but now he is back, and yes, i reckon that him and Habana would be the best combination in World rugby. :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'> Yeah Hamilton is just part of a great team, and he seems to finish off tries after others create the opportunities, hes there at the right time kind a guy.

Not sure he's really that small at all:

Tuitavake 1.82 89kg
Masaga 1.80 94kg
Wulf 1.82 91kg
Vainikolo 1.82 90kg
Smith 1.80 90kg
Muliana 1.83 93kg
Waqasaduadua 1.79 88kg
Anesi 1.87 95kg
Jane 1.83 85kg
Hamilton 1.90 97kg
Nonu 1.82 102kg

While he's not as big as Rococoko (1.89 98kg) or Sivivatu (1.85 100kg) he's a similar size to all of the other wing contenders with the exception of Nonu and Hamilton...

[/b][/quote]

True :bravo: .. i should have done my research. But they dont look 1.80m... i remember meeting David Smith when he was talking to one of my mates... im 1.80, and he was a lot shorter than me.

I dont know, to me it seems like he wouldn't fit the AB's set up type thingy. I dont know? I hope he makes it. He's been promising ever since he burnt Shabana lol

<div class='quotemain'>Really? Who? You can't seriously mean SA? I mean, sure you've got Habana, but who else have you got that would come close to making a World XV? Has Chavangha (sorry about the spelling) had any Bok caps? He's speedy, but he hasn't been that great in the tackling department.[/b]

Have you seen him miss a tackle? I thought not. And he has one Springbok cap, scored 6 tries and broke the record. :) He was injured for 2 years, but now he is back, and yes, i reckon that him and Habana would be the best combination in World rugby. :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, 6 tries against Uruguay. I'd be calling him the best player in the world also because of that feat <_< . Come on man, he's having a good super 14, wait till he tears it up for the Boks in the tri nations before you blow your load over the guy.

I'd still like Roko/Sivi more than Habana/Chav.

I didn't say he is the best in the world. I said i reckon that him and Habana would make a better combination than any other pairing in the world. Roks is great, but sivivatu and Chavhanga already had this dual, lets see who won shall we....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p93mxSU2bJc&feature=related
[/b]

Lol, we all know that mate. You keep bringing videos of little footage every time thinking that is enough evidence that Chavanga is superior. Chavanga is faster than Sivivatu, it's all it proves. Now, as a complete player, Sivivatu owns Chavanga.

Didn't he equal the record? Marc Ellis, 6 tries against Japan at the 95 WC. I have to admit, the outright pace combo of Chaaaaavanga and Shabana is blardy awesome, but then the Sivivatu and Rockz combo is awesome too, pure flair. Not too shabby really... i think its just a personal preference between the combos :)

<div class='quotemain'>
I didn't say he is the best in the world. I said i reckon that him and Habana would make a better combination than any other pairing in the world. Roks is great, but sivivatu and Chavhanga already had this dual, lets see who won shall we....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p93mxSU2bJc&feature=related
[/b]

Lol, we all know that mate. You keep bringing videos of little footage every time thinking that is enough evidence that Chavanga is superior. Chavanga is faster than Sivivatu, it's all it proves. Now, as a complete player, Sivivatu owns Chavanga. [/b][/quote]

Jericho If I were to apply your logic to similar situations that would mean:

Lome Fa'atau>>>>>>Roks

Lome Faatau has outpaced and made Roks take an L on more than one occasion. In fact Faatau scored a 2-3 tries on Roks on a one one situation in one game. Does that mean Faatau is better? No.

Sivi & Roks are a more complete duo imo.

Latest posts