• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be the dark horse for the rwc

sionepani

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
i was wondering since argentina was the dark horse in 2007, who will it be this year and why. i cant say argentina coz i consider them a top contender these days. :cool:

New Zealand.

i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526.jpg

ireland no one is rating them are even thinking about them they can beat aus because if you line the teams up against each other aus win about 8-7 but ireland have a better scrum and the lineout is about even. as the world cup wil be about fine margins here are some important factors they're about even for leader but the irish have miles more experience and all proven winners wheter it be the grand slam, h cup or magners which counts for a lot for the golden generation its their last horah which will make them want it that bit more finally aus's kickers though plentiful are mostly in the low 70's in super rugby whereas sexton is in the high 80's in the h cup and i don't have to talk about rog aus have great broken feild runners but ireland have a brilliant defence and great patience in attack it'll be a great match with ireland to win by 3 so they'll probably top their group which sets up not an easy run but the easier run to the final

Argentina...they did well last time; but have not been too good on the internationsl scene since then. But, their strong scrum and exciting/classy backs i expect argentina to do well. Ireland seem to struggle in the southern hemisphere, if O'Gara is at 10 they will have no chance; but Sexton could work. Ireland have a solid team; just wheather they can get the gameplan right.

Japan. I predict a nz-japan semi final and a france- Australia semi final

All three island teams are a darkhorse threat every cup.
I can see a tired and injury depleted Wales side getting upset by Fiji, i also wouldn't be all together too suprised if the hot and cold French team underestimated Japan or Tonga and got a scare.

I can see a tired and injury depleted Wales side getting upset by Fiji, i also wouldn't be all together too suprised if the hot and cold French team underestimated Japan or Tonga and got a scare.

We play Japan in our first game so we're likely to go out all guns blazing and smash them. A scare against Tonga is deffo on the cards though...

We play Japan in our first game so we're likely to go out all guns blazing and smash them. A scare against Tonga is deffo on the cards though...

I would have bet on them coming out all guns blazing in their first game at the last world cup too but Argentina gave us all a shock

Wales, nobody expects us to do well and we've had to deal with a big shock of losing to Fiji in 07 (Fiji absolutely deserved it that day as they were fantastic), I remember that day well and it was a horrible moment come the final whistle. As I said we've been the victims of a shock loss and now its about time that we spring a shock on a favourite like the Boks. However the fact that that we play both Samoa and Fiji could be a huge dis-advantage to us. They are both very physical and massive sides and I'd be surprised if we came out of those 2 matches without any injuries. If the impossible does happen and we remain injury free we've got some very young and exciting players of our own (Faletau, Turnbull, Warburton etc) who are relatively unknown to our opponents in the World Cup and with Shane Williams we have a player who will be desperate to bow out on a high and will look to put in some great performances before he retires from the international stage. We will have a good blend of youth and experience going into the World Cup which should serve us well not just for this year but the following World Cup also.

I think Argentina will prove that 2007's semi final was no incident. They are used to the climate in New Zealand in september, have a bunch of players who have a leading role at their clubs in Europe and will, if they win the group, only meet New Zealand/South Africa in the finals

Cant see anyone else apart from NZ winning, but i want to see teams like samoa and fiji play their best as they will definitely pull off some shock results if they do. If France play at their best CONSISTENTLY then they might get to the semi finals, SA might do quite well behind that huge back, Australia might get to the semi finals, maybe not. I hate to say it as I am Scottish but England may do slightly better than expected, remember nobody thought they would get to the final last time......but if they come up against a strong NZ or SA side, then they already showed in the Autumn tests last year that they can't beat them.

Latest posts