• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be World Player of the Year?

Haha, it actually does look like he got him!! But who cares - WE WON!! Also he was grabbing his leg, deserves a little tap on the head I reckon!!

Well as a great man once said they aren't playing tiddlywinks out there.

I'm okay with Pocock or Carter winning it. I like them both as players and people, and both have decent claims. Pocock played better game-to-game than Carter, but Carter put in stand-out performances in the big games.

Last WC, Dusautoir's WC final performance basically won him player of the year, because he didn't look the best player of the year otherwise. With the heavy weighting given to the final, I can see Carter taking it. But I think Pocock deserves it slightly more.

Seriously? I get why people would pick Pocock - although I dont agree. BUT, by no means can Pocock win this "by far". At best it is very close between the two!

You said something like: "Australia is the second best team with Pocock and the fifth or sixth best team without him". There's the answer :cool:

You said something like: "Australia is the second best team with Pocock and the fifth or sixth best team without him". There's the answer :cool:

That's all good and true. Buth there's a huge gap between the AB's and ..... 2nd.

That says more about the rest of his team than it does him. He was decent in Super rugby and peaked in the pool stage here. Media built him up to silly levels, he didn't even show up for the final.

Not me bro! At least I dont recall sayng anything like that!!

Anyway it's not an MVP award though mate, its World Player of the Year - it doesnt matter how average the rest of his team is!!

You are kidding yourself if you think Pocock is by far the best player in the world. The ABs all but shut him down in the final. He barely had an impact. On the other hand DC was a superstar. There's your answer ;)

Last edited:
@austingtir

How you feeling about DC now mate? Genuine question as you were one of his greatest critics on this forum, so I am wondering if his performances finally swayed you!

@austingtir

How you feeling about DC now mate? Genuine question as you were one of his greatest critics on this forum, so I am wondering if his performances finally swayed you!

I think a lot of AB fans over the years have developed sub-conscience defence mechanisms to deal with RWC disappointment and given Dans unfortunate history in the tournament, it's always going to be hard to fully convince people before it starts that he can make it through unscathed and still in form at his age. I was concerned for this, especially given some of his RC form, it's hard sometimes to always be optimistic, it's great that he's made it through and played such a great tournament, couldn't happen to a nicer guy either, him and Richie and just absolute gods of the game.

Dan Carter named player of the year

WTF????????????????????????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...-the-All-Blacks-clean-up-at-awards-night.html

He has played an ordinary season, he even wasn't the best All Black in 2015. Nonu deserve it more than him. For me Poey was the player of the World Cup and Nonu the best All Black of the year.

What a joke, World Rugby! Every day you're more like the FIFA

Carter is like the pretty boy of the World Rugby. I still remember this.

A legal tackle:

bismarck_tackle_carter.jpg

And then...

BISMARCK_DUPLESSIS_POITE_REF_MEME_2.jpg

Last edited:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...-the-All-Blacks-clean-up-at-awards-night.html

He has played an ordinary season, he even wasn't the best All Black in 2015. Nonu deserve it more than him. For me Poey was the player of the World Cup and Nonu the best All Black of the year.

A legal tackle:

bismarck_tackle_carter.jpg

And then...

BISMARCK_DUPLESSIS_POITE_REF_MEME_2.jpg

I don't know about this but I certainly think Pocock is a more worthy winner of 'player of the year' 3 great performances yes but that does not equate to player of the year in my opinion.

I think the romance of his career ending and the All Blacks retaining etc has motivated this decision.

I'm not surprised you still remember that incident, seeing it is the second time this week you brought that up.

Penalties against someone tackling Carter, has nothing to do with Carter.

I know that it is obvious that as of late you don't need intelligence to be a regular poster on this forum, but it's worth considering what the point of posting 4,300 posts are if what you write will be dismissed as the ramblings of an idiot.

I don't come on here for stupid memes and ridiculous hyperbole.

I'm not surprised you still remember that incident, seeing it is the second time this week you brought that up.

Penalties against someone tackling Carter, has nothing to do with Carter.

I know that it is obvious that as of late you don't need intelligence to be a regular poster on this forum, but it's worth considering what the point of posting 4,300 posts are if what you write will be dismissed as the ramblings of an idiot.

I don't come on here for stupid memes and ridiculous hyperbole.

That's because still I can't find the material of the Kepu's tackle or NMS's knock-on.

I don't know about this but I certainly think Pocock is a more worthy winner of 'player of the year' 3 great performances yes but that does not equate to player of the year in my opinion.

I think the romance of his career ending and the All Blacks retaining etc has motivated this decision.

3 great performances? Have you ever seen a game of the Super Rugby 2015 season? Or you are only a casual fan? If the World Rugby want give the prize to an All Black, then give the ****ing prize to Nonu. Who has played a better rugby during ALL the year

These casual fans, just watched some WC games and then try to discuss about rugby

Last edited:
That's because still I can't find the material of the Kepu's tackle or NMS's knock-on.

3 great performances? Have you ever seen a game of the Super Rugby 2015 season? Or you are only a casual fan? If the World Rugby want give the prize to an All Black, then give the ****ing prize to Nonu. Who has played a better rugby during ALL the year

These casual fans, just watched some WC games and then try to discuss about rugby

I was more or less agreeing with you that he shouldn't be player of the year. I said he had 3 great performances at the World Cup, which you cannot dispute. It is also a World Cup which is a totally different level to super rugby so don't tar me with casual fan crap. As I said he doesn't deserve player of the year, Pocock is a more worthy contender.

A legal tackle:

I agree with you about Nonu, but Carter in the last 2 games proved his worth far more than what Pocock ever did. Poey wasn't even playing in the quarter final and was near non-existent in the final.

Once again dealt with and non-effective when it counted, thinking back to 2011 as well. Him and Cheika = overrated.

It is also a World Cup which is a totally different level to super rugby so don't tar me with casual fan crap.

So Namibia, Georgia, Tonga and the worst France ever were more tough than Chiefs, Landers, Hurricanes,Waratahs, Brumbies, etc

Latest posts