• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will have the choker tag if NZ win the cup

D

diehardkiwi07

Ok now i know we havent won the cup as yet, but if we do who gets labled chokers for the next cup.
Thoughts on that please

if NZ manage to win it then the choker tag would then fall on probably France & Ireland.

honestly, if new zealand win this cup then no-one will claim the chockers tag. There has been no other team in world rugby that has gone into as favourite to win the cup and not won it as much as new zealand. NZ are favouites again, and thus imo if they win it there are no chockers.

new zealand can be the only chockers. There are teams that have under performed (england/france come to mind) but these teams never claimed really to win it, they just turn up. but thats just how i see it.

I see it from a pure new zealand point of view, well my new zealand point of view :D, the last world cups when aussie england and south africa won it, i dont remember hearing them going on how they were going to win it, i just remember the nz public and media going on about how we were goign to win it, and we didnt.

:)

Yep, to a degeree, we Kiwis' made chokers a burden we wear around our own necks.

Best way to lose it is to win the darn thing. if we fail.. expect more of the same chokers abuse.

Although chokers or not, I am stoked to know that, like Liverpool supporters, an All Black supporter will never walk alone, or be ashamed!!

Good luck boys.. Make us proud!!

South Africa, they look easily a top contender, if they don't make it to the final, then they should be given it.

South Africa, they look easily a top contender, if they don't make it to the final, then they should be given it.
[/b]

I have to agree. They have set a furious pace so far, if they keep playing at this level they have a good shot.

no one really. france would be the only one of the big 5 not to have wone one but thats just due to lack of ability sometimes unfortunatly

In the rugby world, the word 'choking' is going to be synonymous with NZ for a few years to come I'm afraid.

still new zealand

once a choker always a choker [/b]

Seriously you cant choke after you've won it and laughed about it and gave the middle finger...You have to hand the reins on to some other favorite :D

BUT lets wait and see its still early we may just choke after all :cheers:

still new zealand

Go Buckeyes right? :lol:

If you win and play well, then you are no longer a choker. And if the All Blacks do lose, they will be joined with Ireland as the chokers of this world cup.

<div class='quotemain'> still new zealand

Go Buckeyes right? :lol:

If you win and play well, then you are no longer a choker. And if the All Blacks do lose, they will be joined with Ireland as the chokers of this world cup.

[/b][/quote]

Good one :unsure:

Michigan will always be a choker they can win the national championship as much as they want but they will still be choking up cum.

once a choker always a choker.

The biggest choker afetr this torunament will proberbly be seen as Ireland, especially as they were hypred pre-tournament as potential winners.

O'Gara will be the butt of all the choking jokes especially... Put him under pressure and he collapses. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The biggest choker after this torunament will proberbly be seen as Ireland, especially as they were hyped pre-tournament as potential winners.[/b]
Cant really say we choked as we never really turned up. If we did choke, then we choked somewhere during the end of season break, cause we havent been seen since then.

Same applies to O'Gara. He's played **** for the past two months or so. His individual contribution always has been over-hyped as his success has always been on the back of a good forward performance. If the pack doesnt perform, ROG doesnt perform.

I'm of the opinion that Ireland will be seen as the chokers.
They may not have performed well as of late, but they produced some spectacular results (beating Aus and SA) and unluckily losing out on a grand slam again.
The performances may not have been there but they've been getting the results when it mattered.
Come world cup time and they've failed miserably.

What about the last 5 years when they were expected to win the 6N? Choke the chunch games against France this year (sound familiar?), Wales in 2005, France last year, England in 2003... Ahem.

<div class='quotemain'> The biggest choker after this torunament will proberbly be seen as Ireland, especially as they were hyped pre-tournament as potential winners.[/b]
Cant really say we choked as we never really turned up. If we did choke, then we choked somewhere during the end of season break, cause we havent been seen since then. [/b][/quote]

That is the definition of choking. To choke is to not show up when it counts, and the world cup is certainly where it counts. You don't have to self destruct spectacularly...that just makes for better entertainment.

Latest posts